OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still do feel like Tyler getting hit by a drunk driver while crossing steltzer rd is a possibility. I just can't wrap my head around someone loading him into a car and taking off after they did so. But they could have. I feel like there would be cameras on that road, but then again I feel like there would be cameras at abbott labs and we haven't seen anything from those so.....aaah....this case is so frustrating! I also think if he got hit by a car hard enough to kill him there would be physical evidence like a car bumper or headlight or something left at the scene.

I think there should be so many (traffic) camera's LE should be able to see if a car showed up on them damaged (having hit a person) and not having damage on the previous camera. Or if there was odd behaviour by a car. I mean like missing time between camera A and B at a spot where there is no reason to stop etc.

Also at the presser, they did not mention any such scenario nor did they ask the public if they noticed anything suspicious that night, like broken glass, blood on a road etc. Someone having a damaged car after that night without having an explanation for it. Nothing.

I think there should be so many (traffic) camera's LE should be able to see if a car showed up on them damaged (having hit a person) and not having damage on the previous camera. Or if there was odd behaviour by a car. I mean like missing time between camera A and B at a spot where there is no reason to stop etc.

Also at the presser, they did not mention any such scenario nor did they ask the public if they noticed anything suspicious that night, like broken glass, blood on a road etc. Someone having a damaged car after that night without having an explanation for it. Nothing.

I'm not 100% sure but it could be possible that CPD wasn't able to get to the cameras before the override the previous data.

This is I believe this is the area that they searched behind Costco with the cadaver dogs. This vantage point is from the highway. It wouldn't be hard to get over that fence.

Attachments

• Screenshot (185).png
    Screenshot (185).png
    794 KB · Views: 69
I've circled the hotel again. The arrow indicates the pond by Costo that is just out of view. The bigger circle is another body of water and IMO an area that Tyler might have been at when he placed his last call and said I am in the woods and I can see the hotel. I'd say the the trees would be just about bare at the time of the year he went missing so he would be able to see the hotel to a degree depending on where he was standing. Imagine it being pitch dark and thinking you are walking through the woods and falling into freezing cold water. I do believe there was some kind of construction going on at the time but not 100% sure.

Attachments

• Screenshot (187).png
    Screenshot (187).png
    1.1 MB · Views: 67
I've circled the hotel again. The arrow indicates the pond by Costo that is just out of view. The bigger circle is another body of water and IMO an area that Tyler might have been at when he placed his last call and said I am in the woods and I can see the hotel. I'd say the the trees would be just about bare at the time of the year he went missing so he would be able to see the hotel to a degree depending on where he was standing. Imagine it being pitch dark and thinking you are walking through the woods and falling into freezing cold water. I do believe there was some kind of construction going on at the time but not 100% sure.
Thank you, these are very helpful. :)

Thank you. These are great pictures to be able to visualize where he was walking. Is the body of water circled in the trees the “swamp” the detective showed at the PC?

That's 1.08 mile in 16 minutes. That's seems very fast to me for a very intoxicated disoriented person. He talked to Brittanny two times on the phone (I would love to hear from her if he was moving while talking and how long those calls were). And obviously had no clue where he was. Could have had to pee along the way or might even have been sick.

That seems very fast to me. Too fast actually.

And why heading towards a swamp or whatever when you phone dies at an intersection.
Wouldn't you look for an Uber or a person to help you?
An average person can walk a mile in 20 min, and a lot of people can walk a mile in 15. He was cold and apparently trying to hurry, so a mile in 16 min seems like a reasonable possibility to me.

While Tyler may or may not have taken meth, there is no evidence or known history supporting this. So your simplest explanation is not simple at all, and I don't see the evidence to support it. No body has been found in an area where there is not a lot of places for a body to be hidden.

Whatever happened to Tyler, will likely not be simple or common, in my opinion.
Ok, take the Meth out of the scenario and go with what is known 100% certain: alcohol. My theory using only alcohol is still the simplest explanation.

For those who think this is going to turn out to be not so simple and there’s so much more to the story, what does that mean? He stumbled upon shady dealings at Abbot Labs and was kidnapped and is being held in a dungeon there, being used for medical experiments? He found nefarious activities at Costco and they killed him and bundled him into value size packaging? Lol. Just can’t figure out how this disappearance could be so mysterious in any circumstances.

Thank you. These are great pictures to be able to visualize where he was walking. Is the body of water circled in the trees the “swamp” the detective showed at the PC?

I don’t believe so. I think that was near Abbott. If you look at the map they showed I think they had the relevant areas blocked out in red. It was hard to see but it looked like it was Abbott area and Costco and also across Morse Rd over by the Hampton Inn

IMO I think the idea that he was following directions to the wrong place seems very plausible, considering many locations have 'Easton' in them. My experience only, but I go to a lot of music festivals in other states and when I walking around, I usually just keep my Google Map app on so I can get familiar with an area, or know where I am at and need to return to. Maybe he was inebriated, in whatever form, and does this or started to get disoriented and turned on his maps to figure out his path? The only unsettles me is the friend leaving after he walked off. I am glad that Tyler is being brought up in MSM again though, maybe it will spark people's minds or even make construction workers be more aware.

So this is my opinion only as they say. Maybe Tyler having had some alcohol had nothing to do with him getting lost. Maybe each time Tyler asked for directions he asked for the wrong place or didn't word it correctly. Saying take me to Easton Suites isn't going to necessarily get him to the Hilton.
Maybe Tyler was drunk but sober enough to follow the wrong directions.

I also don't think that Tyler was anywhere near Abbot Labs. Some will say that the police waited too long to get the tapes and that's why no business in the area had anything with Tyler on camera. I'll bet you if anyone tried to walk around the property of Abbot Labs at 4 am on any night you would be lucky to make it to the front door. There are cameras all around and a guard shack too. I am not sure if he guard shack is manned 24/7.

Security would have noticed Tyler walking around the property at Abbot Labs. If security sees someone walking around the property I'm positive there has to be a written log of that occurrence. So even if CPD went to Abbott much later they still would have been able to look back on the date and see if anyone was snooping around. I'm also willing to bet that if anyone is caught on the property they keep that tape for a long time for legal reasons.

Ok, take the Meth out of the scenario and go with what is known 100% certain: alcohol. My theory using only alcohol is still the simplest explanation.

For those who think this is going to turn out to be not so simple and there’s so much more to the story, what does that mean? He stumbled upon shady dealings at Abbot Labs and was kidnapped and is being held in a dungeon there, being used for medical experiments? He found nefarious activities at Costco and they killed him and bundled him into value size packaging? Lol. Just can’t figure out how this disappearance could be so mysterious in any circumstances.

My guess is, someone targeting men picked him up, like offered him a ride and killed him.
I think it's similar to what happened to Joey Labute.
Maybe the person who worked at Abbott Labs knows if there is an area around Abbott labs where gay men are cruising. These men are vulnarable and if I were a (serial) killer targeting (gay) men, that's where I would go to find a victim (and no I'm not a killer lol).

Maybe Tyler ended up at a spot where he really shouldn't have been. Of which he had no clue what was going on there. Whether it is an area (gay) men are looking for sex, people looking for or using drugs or whatever. Just somewhere he really shouldn't have been and where he was vulnerable.

Last edited:
I wish we could ask Brittany more about the calls. Like how long each call lasted. Whether Tyler appeared to be walking during these calls. If there could have been someone else with him, walking past him etc. If she could hear traffic during these calls. If they sounded like he was in a vehicle or in a building. If he sounded disoriented.
And especially the last call. What did the silence sound like. Dead silence, butt dial call, whooshing sound, splashing (like falling into the water). Muffled? Just anything.

And from digital forensics I would like to know where he was during each call.

And what I really like to know is if LE was too late collecting camera footage. Or if they have it, but he simply isn't on it, where he SHOULD BE.
Cause that makes all the difference in the world. I just wish journalists would ask some really usefull questions at a presser in stead of a few politically correct questions like 'how is the community holding up' etc.

Last edited:

I'm not 100% sure but it could be possible that CPD wasn't able to get to the cameras before the override the previous data.
Most traffic cameras are there to view live traffic and do not record (this can vary by state). Cameras to catch violations (red light, etc.) are usually only triggered to record when an event breaking that law occurs.

I don’t think it was meth- he likely wouldn’t have fallen asleep in the Uber to begin with on such a powerful stimulant..
I do think drugs were involved in some capacity though.
MOO
Exactly. Meth is speed. You don’t go into a deep sleep after ingesting it as he did in the Uber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member