UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes-definitely a red herring told by the employee at the Uni who probably took meals in Claudias restaurant. Using this story and diverting attention away from themselves.

I don’t think it was because there is no reason why he would make that up. That little nugget has really no relevance at all being 24 hours prior. Maybe he forgot....didn’t think it was relevant ....which actually it wasn’t because the police have got no further with it and have possibly questioned her acquaintance.

I still come back to stranger abduction. The Alley man is interesting but there are more ways to skin a cat...why in full view of CCTV, which with that much pre planning they’d be aware of? He was headed towards the back alleyway....why go in full view to access it when there is a more discreet route? I’ve looked at almost all the CCTV of that night/morning and there is so much coming and going it could be on any given day /night. We need to see the prior comings and going of that area, yet for some reason the police don’t have anything.

I don’t think it was because there is no reason why he would make that up. That little nugget has really no relevance at all being 24 hours prior. Maybe he forgot....didn’t think it was relevant ....which actually it wasn’t because the police have got no further with it and have possibly questioned her acquaintance.
If Claudia was out all night on the 18th rather than the 17th and with him. He would make it up to suggest that she wouldn't be up to an all nighter or even going out on the 18th.

I still come back to stranger abduction. The Alley man is interesting but there are more ways to skin a cat...why in full view of CCTV, which with that much pre planning they’d be aware of? He was headed towards the back alleyway....why go in full view to access it when there is a more discreet route? I’ve looked at almost all the CCTV of that night/morning and there is so much coming and going it could be on any given day /night. We need to see the prior comings and going of that area, yet for some reason the police don’t have anything.
Or if he wanted to be seen by the cameras-staged.
"Let's hang around Clauds tonight and in the early morning, they will think she was home and we did the deed there"
Meanwhile, wire from hair straighteners is asphyxiating her someplace else, not necessarily that far away?

I’m beginning to feel the red herrings have been planted by the police. ...maybe to discredit Fulcher, although my dates may be off ? Anyway, he had the nonce to go for Halliwell
Or if he wanted to be seen by the cameras-staged.
"Let's hang around Clauds tonight and in the early morning, they will think she was home and we did the deed there"
Meanwhile, wire from hair straighteners is asphyxiating her someplace else, not necessarily that far away?

No! No one would put themselves in the frame like that , even if it was meant by proxy

If Claudia was out all night on the 18th rather than the 17th and with him. He would make it up to suggest that she wouldn't be up to an all nighter or even going out on the 18th.

No because an all nighter is irrelevant..either way...

Apologies about my random posting ...as above

Ok then no one has admitted it was them .I’ll accept that.
It goes without saying that it’s not a crime to walk around there unless there was an injunction against them

Is it not odd that a person who frequents theexact area where a woman has been murdered and was going about their business innocently, would not contact police to clear their name? That in itself would arouse suspicion.

No because an all nighter is irrelevant..either way...

I agree the fact she was out all night was irrelevant- l believe the issue was that apparently Claudia said she was with a new boyfriend. Not the casual relationship she was in with a married man, whose identity is known to police. So is this Acomb man?

It seems to me that the police thought Acomb man was the publican they arrested for perverting the course of justice. He was the one who said they had never seen the side of Claudia being portrayed by the NH gang. Maybe it was him. Or was it this Anthony guy. It seems they met there in the weeks leading up to her disappearance. This might explain why she wasn't in the NH that much that week. She was off somewhere else, with someone else.

[QUOTE="This might explain why she wasn't in the NH that much that week. She was off somewhere else, with someone else.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps she wasn't in the NH that much because she had a visitor at home?

[QUOTE="This might explain why she wasn't in the NH that much that week. She was off somewhere else, with someone else.

Perhaps she wasn't in the NH that much because she had a visitor at home?[/QUOTE]

It is possible. I get the impression she was an out out girl though. Look at the date with SC arranged for 19th. They were going to discuss booking a holiday (although JK also says they were going to Cupros at Easter, clearly not true from Claudia's texts), and the decided to meet for a cider at the NH. SC could just as easily popped around for a cider Claudia's house was only 4 doors down.

Perhaps she wasn't in the NH that much because she had a visitor at home?

It is possible. I get the impression she was an out out girl though. Look at the date with SC arranged for 19th. They were going to discuss booking a holiday (although JK also says they were going to Cupros at Easter, clearly not true from Claudia's texts), and the decided to meet for a cider at the NH. SC could just as easily popped around for a cider Claudia's house was only 4 doors down.[/QUOTE]

Claudia possibly didn’t frequent that pub as often as we are led to believe. She may have used it on the odd loose end fri|sat night....we know she often went into town...maybe had a pre drink there but I doubt she was much of a habitual user .

Keeping on the "local" theme, is it possible she was letting out her spare room (as a temporary measure) to a student?

Thinking back to the witness seeing an older man and younger man at her door in the days before she went missing

Keeping on the "local" theme, is it possible she was letting out her spare room (as a temporary measure) to a student?

Thinking back to the witness seeing an older man and younger man at her door in the days before she went missing

No. I’m sure the police would have collaborated that info.

Last edited:
Maybe dark alley man went to try if back door was open. Claudia may have left it locked considering her garden backed onto an alleyway? But then, was he out of sight long enough to try the door ?

Maybe dark alley man went to try if back door was open. Claudia may have left it locked considering her garden backed onto an alleyway? But then, was he out of sight long enough to try the door ?

I believe it was sleuthed and concluded that it was not possible to get to her house in that time. It's more likely they were checking something, or being given something. Or exchanging something.

I believe it was sleuthed and concluded that it was not possible to get to her house in that time. It's more likely they were checking something, or being given something. Or exchanging something.

hmmmm , still an incredibly limited amount of time. A pick up or drop off is most likely considering the type of surrounding accommodation .

What if the student was in trouble and he was "hiding" there? He might not have come forward

No. I believe if planned Claudia was the only target. I very much doubt she was renting her room to a student.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff