IL - Child, 9, charged in fire deaths of 5 people, Goodfield, 6 Apr 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I find amazing is KA said that the father (JW) was standing right beside the furnace at the time that it apparently blew up. KA who had exited the bathroom (after getting dressed) was knocked unconscious by the blast, yet JW who was beside the furnace was uninjured and was able to help her out of the trailer. Does that make sense?

I'd like to see a floor plan of this trailer. It is long and looks like additions were made to it. The major damage seems to be from the mid section, which I am assuming is where the furnace was located. Where were the bedrooms located, where was the entry door, where were the windows located? Why weren't bedroom windows broken to gain entry to try to rescue the loved ones who would surely succumb to smoke inhalation? Kyle had a window in his bedroom (per his videos). All of the victims died from smoke inhalation. Could some of them have been saved? Maybe not, but trying to break into bedroom windows is what most mothers would do. Standing outside, doing nothing and feeling good about yourself because you told your loved ones-- I love you guys --as they died is beyond my ability to comprehend or rationalize in any way.

I think we are witness to a mother who is a classic sociopath. JMO

Yes, and if there was an explosion, why nothing showing on her as burns, bruises, scratches? Was Rose thown FAR away? just truly doesn't add up to me. I guess i just am one that would be getting the kids out before the parents. Kyle was said to have crawled out a window, right? And ran to his grandparents. I don't know, i guess we may never know the truth completely. If he was getting decent benefits, why was the van not legal? I do think KA thought she'd get survivor benefits... i think she may be wrong about that. I know, i'm not being very victim friendly, but the kids are victims IMO moreso. I'll go stand in the corner.
Make a little room in that corner...

I just hope his charges didn't come from a situation like LE asking him stuff like "so, Kyle, is your stepdad ever mean to you?" "yes" "so, you should be pretty angry at him, right?" "yes" "what about your mom? was she mean to you?" "yes" "that's why you set the fire? you can tell us, it's okay". A kid like Kyle, mostly ignored by everyone, getting a little bit of attention from adults is dangerous. I wouldn't be too surprised if he said "yes sir" to everything because some adults were being nice to him for once in his life.
LBM

I think you're right. And that's sad.
It's as if some children have living parents and a home to reside in... yet they're like orphans !
Having to look after themselves, feed themselves, having to protect themselves from being abused.....
Imo.

Please share your expertise on the other thread as a valuable asset. @MommyStephV
IL - 9 y.o. charged in fire deaths of 5 people, Goodfield, 6 Apr 2019

Gosh, totally missed that there was a whole different thread. I’ve had 2 sick kiddos so I haven’t been able to check back in. I just checked over there and realized there were 33 pages! Wow.

I can’t imagine I’ll have much to contribute that hasn’t already been mentioned. We are leaving for vacation tomorrow, I think I may have just found some reading material to occupy some of the time in the car!

This family is confusing, but I thought that it was 2 y/o DA who was autistic, 1 y/o AA has hearing loss in one ear, and 8 y/o at time of fire now 9 y/o KA was "recently" diagnosed as schizophrenic, bipolar and ADHD. I don't remember any disability label for 2 y/o niece Rose.

I continue to be disturbed by the mother's conversational content in the background of the April 10 video. I really do wonder if something happened to one of those toddlers such as sexual or physical abuse even a death, and the fire is a coverup. Mother's story doesn't add up and changes, the truth needs no embellishment.

In one video, does Great Grandma's ankle wound look like a severe burn?
bbm
Hmmm, that never crossed my mind, but it is something to think about. Hmmmm, again.

bbm
Hmmm, that never crossed my mind, but it is something to think about. Hmmmm, again.
They did autopsies on all the bodies. Since it appears they have all died from smoke inhalation (at least that is what was reported), bodies must have not been burned to the crisp. So the medical examiner should have been able to establish if there were any other cause of death. And as far as I can tell the cause of death (smoke inhalation) for all of them is consistent with dying in the fire.

Even with smoke inhalation being the ultimate cause of death, there cold have been signs of prior abuse on those toddlers.
Imo.
If there was, the mom could just point fingers at the deceased boyfriend.
Hence, no arrest for KA.
We just don't know how thorough the autopsies were.
If the medical examiner/coroner wasn't told about the abuse-- he wouldn't examine the children for it.
Just look at their lungs to see if there was smoke damage.
After watching some of the videos Kyle put online-- there was abuse occurring.

Even with smoke inhalation being the ultimate cause of death, there cold have been signs of prior abuse on those toddlers.
Imo.
If there was, the mom could just point fingers at the deceased boyfriend.
Hence, no arrest for KA.
We just don't know how thorough the autopsies were.
If the medical examiner/coroner wasn't told about the abuse-- he wouldn't examine the children for it.
Just look at their lungs to see if there was smoke damage.
After watching some of the videos Kyle put online-- there was abuse occurring.
I feel sure that the autopsies would be complete regardless of what the suspected COD was. Every autopsy report I have ever seen shows thorough examination of everything when possible. It would involve all organs, systems, and bodily fluids, etc.
Organs are removed and tissues are preserved. They are examined for appearance, weight and size measurements -- the brain, liver, digestive system, teeth, lungs, vitreous (eye) fluid, reproductive system, etc. Something like "the liver is of normal size, color and weighs *advertiser censored*," or "there is evidence of a previous normal appendectomy," etc. Certainly tox screens are standard procedure, and if something looks "wrong," it would definitely be included in the report. If smoke inhalation is not the COD, that would certainly be reported and further examined for actual COD. With this case, a tox screen could rule in or out someone being drugged such that the person would not awaken and therefore die of inhalation -- then foul play could become a factor. We certainly should expect complete autopsies on each one where possible.

Last edited:
Has anyone else delved deeper into HER life. Is she a victim? How far can we take this? I just found a statement she posted about someone accusing her of doing it because Jason was leaving her and taking the kids. She even names the person saying it
LBM

Thanks, this sounds interesting ! ^^^^
Quoting your post to mark my spot; and am going to look again at news articles.

I feel sure that the autopsies would be complete regardless of what the suspected COD was. Every autopsy report I have ever seen shows thorough examination of everything when possible. It would involve all organs, systems, and bodily fluids, etc.
Organs are removed and tissues are preserved. They are examined for appearance, weight and size measurements -- the brain, liver, digestive system, teeth, lungs, vitreous (eye) fluid, reproductive system, etc. Something like "the liver is of normal size, color and weighs *advertiser censored*," or "there is evidence of a previous normal appendectomy," etc. Certainly tox screens are standard procedure, and if something looks "wrong," it would definitely be included in the report. If smoke inhalation is not the COD, that would certainly be reported and further examined for actual COD. With this case, a tox screen could rule in or out someone being drugged such that the person would not awaken and therefore die of inhalation -- then foul play could become a factor. We certainly should expect complete autopsies on each one where possible.
Yes, exactly. I would assume complete autopsies were done, especially considering this fire likely looked very suspicious (arson) from the start.

I know I selected a dozen quotes but they probably expire or something. It's taken a week to read the whole thread so that's probably where they went.

mom really misses her man, doesn't she? almost the whole article is all about their relationship.

This is the biggest glaring issue I see. This reminds me so much of the women we see who put their man first. Except it is continuing now that they are all dead. It's so disturbing.

There is absolutely no chance that I would stand outside a window and talk to my BEAGLE inside a house fire. Much less my CHILDREN. I keep coming back to this thread thinking I must have misunderstood. It's incomprehensible to me.

What might be worse is that she admits it.

Yeah, not a whole lot of talking about her own children. It's all about her niece or her boyfriend.

The niece might be more disturbing than the man to me. Um what about her own two babies? I can't even imagine caring more about my sister's child than my own. I don't care if she's a genius and mine is disabled (which, happens to be our situation.)

Not sure his mother is the best choice for Kyle at this time.
IMO

Kyle needs to be kept away from that family forever. Termination of rights, lifelong restraining order... all of it. If there is any hope for this child to not become a serial killer then all those ties need to be cut, now. I hope that can happen.

I would probably go into our house if it was on fire for our rescue cat -- much less my family !

Already commented on this but I still would like to know what evidence there was to charge Kyle.
He was growing up in a household where there was abuse and dysfunction. The 'adults' shown in the videos gave me chills.
Kyle was known to have played with the pilot light in the furnace before -- but charging with murder makes it sound like he meticulously planned everyone's deaths.
What if he was 'coached' in what to say to investigators ?
Imo.

I agree with you. The whole evolving tale is strange. I don’t think anything that woman says can be believed.
I wish the arrest warrant were public - surely LE has analyzed the crime scene very thoroughly? why would they come to the conclusion that this child did it ? i surely hope it isn't because he said he did and they have really looked at everything - it's been many months - something seems very off IMO. but if they are done - we won't get much more than what's out in MSM. JMO

I wish the arrest warrant were public - surely LE has analyzed the crime scene very thoroughly? why would they come to the conclusion that this child did it ? i surely hope it isn't because he said he did and they have really looked at everything - it's been many months - something seems very off IMO. but if they are done - we won't get much more than what's out in MSM. JMO

I think they have reasons for the charges. And I think the kid has reasons for why he did what he did.

9-year-old boy accused of setting deadly fire appears in court on murder charges
This has a different time stamp
Snipped
Eureka, Illinois — A 9-year-old boy accused of setting fire to his family home appeared in Illinois court Monday. KA was charged with five counts of first-degree murder and various counts of arson for the killing of five of his relatives on one night in April. Prosecutors say the boy intentionally set the blaze.

CBS News correspondent Errol Barnett was in the courtroom where the judge laid out the charges against the boy. Barnett said KA was barely visible above the back of his chair, and his feet barely touched the ground.

9-year-old boy accused of setting deadly fire appears in court on murder charges
This has a different time stamp
Snipped
Eureka, Illinois — A 9-year-old boy accused of setting fire to his family home appeared in Illinois court Monday. KA was charged with five counts of first-degree murder and various counts of arson for the killing of five of his relatives on one night in April. Prosecutors say the boy intentionally set the blaze.

CBS News correspondent Errol Barnett was in the courtroom where the judge laid out the charges against the boy. Barnett said KA was barely visible above the back of his chair, and his feet barely touched the ground.
BBM
Oh my God. He's just a little kid. I can't imagine the amount of trauma a 8-year-old has to have been put through to do something like this. I can't bring myself to believe that this kid, at 8 years old, did have intent to kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam