Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
This could be it? It was PS who spent the next day with the pool net IIRC.

A Benaroon Drive resident said his wife drove out of the street, which William's grandmother no longer lives in, one minute before William disappeared.

It was 26 or 28 minutes to 11am, he remembered with minute detail.

"She never saw a car or noticed anything strange," he said.

The man spent the next day with a pool net in hand searching through a dam and waterholes, anxious about what he might find.

William Tyrrell investigation: highs, lows and false hope 12 months on | photos, video

Just following on from Blues post ... Savage was up at 6:30am on the day after William disappeared, didn't check to see if William was still missing (if, perhaps, police were still there because William had been found in bad shape) just went out on his own with that pool net.

Mr Savage said on the day after the toddler vanished, he got up around 6.30am and went out on his own with his swimming pool net to search creeks and water holes.
He was again challenged today by Mr Craddock about why he didn’t go to the foster grandmother’s house and tell her about his solo search for William.
‘Police were there,” Mr Savage said. “If I’d have found the child I would have taken him straight home.”
Mr Craddock: “You didn’t know he was still missing … you just jumped to that conclusion?”
Mr Savage: “When I seen the police there and people still coming, I thought he was still missing”.
William Tyrrell neighbour breaks down at inquest

I dont have a problem with PS going out next day at 6.30am to look for William.
Seems he got up early most days, and I think word would have spread very quickly if William had been found.

It’s fascinating with this case how our views are probably skewed to whether we think a person is guilty or not.
Because PS isnt high on my POI list, I havent found anything he has done particularly odd( especially his memory recall) Not sure if its because my husband is 75 I can see similarities ( not that my husband would ever be a sleaze to postie!) but I’d be embarrassed by his memory if had to recall things from five years ago in court.

I dont have a problem with PS going out next day at 6.30am to look for William.
Seems he got up early most days, and I think word would have spread very quickly if William had been found.

It’s fascinating with this case how our views are probably skewed to whether we think a person is guilty or not.
Because PS isnt high on my POI list, I havent found anything he has done particularly odd( especially his memory recall) Not sure if its because my husband is 75 I can see similarities ( not that my husband would ever be a sleaze to postie!) but I’d be embarrassed by his memory if had to recall things from five years ago in court.

I am certainly not skewed because I think he is guilty - just to clarify. I am trying to determine the high interest in him. There is evidently - to me - something(s) about his story that has put him under such high and ongoing scrutiny ... by the police, by the Coroner.

Why wouldn't he check to see if William was still missing? Before he took his pool net out to search at 6:30am.
For all he knew, there could be an even sadder situation at FGM's house on the following morning - with William having perhaps been found deceased overnight. Police investigation ongoing due to that.

He said he just assumed because the police were still there.

Last edited:
And the thing is ... if Savage is complicit in this, all of his wandering around searching on his own would likely mean no-one could tell exactly when his footprints/handprints/DNA/scent/other identifiers were left at different - and perhaps important - places. imo

I don’t for a second believe William was accidentally killed ,murdered etc. . Imo. Someone is raising him. Group of people protecting each other imo. Quite a masterful operation to extract . (All in my opinion of course)

I am certainly not skewed because I think he is guilty - just to clarify. I am trying to determine the high interest in him. There is evidently - to me - something(s) about his story that has put him under such high and ongoing scrutiny ... by the police, by the Coroner.

Why wouldn't he check to see if William was still missing? Before he took his pool net out to search at 6:30am.
For all he knew, there could be an even sadder situation at FGM's house on the following morning - with William having perhaps been found deceased overnight. Police investigation ongoing due to that.

He said he just assumed because the police were still there.
I agree SouthAussie. I would think that everyone in the area when they got up that morning would have been questioning if he had been found. You would not assume he had not been and just go looking. I think whenever a child goes missing everyone does assume they will be found fairly quickly. I find it very odd to just assume, then go out on your own without notifying or joining the official search.

Last edited:
I agree SouthAussie. I would think that everyone who got up that morning would have been questioning if he had been found. You would not assume he had not been and just go looking. I think whenever a child goes missing everyone does assume they will be found fairly quickly. I find it very odd to just assume, then go out on your own without notifying or joining the official search.
He searched twice on his own on the sat 13/9 & again on Sunday 14/9........:rolleyes:

could ps have been up early listening to the early news, radio or tv, that next morning, they may have announced police would resume their search that day?
and spur of the moment decided to go searching with his nets etc?
he could have seen people out still searching, neighbours etc
currently the only interest i see in him with whats been msm reported is he could have been a witness to something?
bs or associates seems a more likely fit with what we know about him and his history with minors and his connection to fgm and the washing machine etc

also regarding ps searching alone, i think if it was me and a neighbourhood child was missing and there were police and searchers everywhere, id probably rack my brain all night where he might be and get up early and search areas by myself without bothering police:)

also regarding ps searching alone, i think if it was me and a neighbourhood child was missing and there were police and searchers everywhere, id probably rack my brain all night where he might be and get up early and search areas by myself without bothering police:)
But you would probably check first that he was still missing. And possibly check what areas had been thoroughly searched or if there was any more information that would help searchers.

But you would probably check first that he was still missing. And possibly check what areas had been thoroughly searched or if there was any more information that would help searchers.
i guess it depends if i saw people searching or heard on the news, id still probably just look at areas id thought of and have a quick look for myself without telling police or bothering anyone etc,

i guess it depends if i saw people searching or heard on the news, id still probably just look at areas id thought of and have a quick look for myself without telling police or bothering anyone etc,

But he didn't say he heard it on the news, he didn't say he saw people searching (searching where?) ....

Mr Craddock: “You didn’t know he was still missing … you just jumped to that conclusion?”
Mr Savage: “When I seen the police there and people still coming, I thought he was still missing”

William Tyrrell neighbour breaks down at inquest

The police could have still been there for a number of reasons, people could have still been 'coming' because they wanted to see if help was still needed.

Furthermore, he says that he didn't even know that William was wearing a spiderman suit when he first went searching. What kind of details was he using for his solitary search? He could have walked right past any item of clothing, any piece of material, any shoe, and not known if it was William's or not.

Mr Savage said he “had no idea” the missing toddler was wearing a Spider-Man suit when he searched for him in bushland near his home, but he thought William might have got lost up in the scrub.
William Tyrrell neighbour spent hours on walk-through with police

Last edited:
After searching on your own for a missing child IMO it would be natural and normal to communicate any information to the family or police at the scene. ‘I just want to let you know that I searched in this direction, searched this approximate area, didn’t see William, didn’t hear him, didn’t see anyone else etc'.

PS knew FGM, he lived right across the road. He wasn’t an unknown person that had travelled to help with the search and was only in the street & surrounding area for a limited time. He would've had the opportunity at some stage during the day to let them know. It seems odd to me that he didn’t.

After searching on your own for a missing child IMO it would be natural and normal to communicate any information to the family or police at the scene. ‘I just want to let you know that I searched in this direction, searched this approximate area, didn’t see William, didn’t hear him, didn’t see anyone else etc'.

PS knew FGM, he lived right across the road. He wasn’t an unknown person that had travelled to help with the search and was only in the street & surrounding area for a limited time. He would've had the opportunity at some stage during the day to let them know. It seems odd to me that he didn’t.
And there's always the possibility that he could have contaminated a crime scene by not participating in co-ordinated searches and going off by himself. If indeed that's what he did. IMO.

And there's always the possibility that he could have contaminated a crime scene by not participating in co-ordinated searches and going off by himself. If indeed that's what he did. IMO.
He searched twice on his own on the sat 13/9 & again on Sunday 14/9........:rolleyes:

Yes, police were calling for people to meet them at the Kendall showgrounds, so they could organise the searches properly. (I think that large scale searches are usually organised with an 'official' in each party to assist searchers.)

Whether or not Savage wanted to join the search properly, police were advising all interested parties to do just that. Register and be briefed.

People are asked to gather at Kendall Showgrounds from 7am on Saturday to join the search for William Tyrell.
Weatherzone has predicted Friday night's patchy rain to continue on Saturday morning, as a trough brings showers to northeastern NSW.
Those wanting to help are asked to join the search on Saturday morning.

Searchers need to register with the SES from 7am at the end of Benaroon Drive, followed by a mandatory briefing at 8am.
Inspector Kerrie Brill said emergency services are working in dense bushland.
"The experts are out there now," she said.
"It's best to let them do what they do best, and any help would really be better in the morning."

Child missing at Kendall

Yes, police were calling for people to meet them at the Kendall showgrounds, so they could organise the searches properly. (I think that large scale searches are usually organised with an 'official' in each party to assist searchers.)

Whether or not Savage wanted to join the search properly, police were advising all interested parties to do just that. Register and be briefed.

People are asked to gather at Kendall Showgrounds from 7am on Saturday to join the search for William Tyrell.
Weatherzone has predicted Friday night's patchy rain to continue on Saturday morning, as a trough brings showers to northeastern NSW.
Those wanting to help are asked to join the search on Saturday morning.

Searchers need to register with the SES from 7am at the end of Benaroon Drive, followed by a mandatory briefing at 8am.
Inspector Kerrie Brill said emergency services are working in dense bushland.
"The experts are out there now," she said.
"It's best to let them do what they do best, and any help would really be better in the morning."

Child missing at Kendall

Snr Constable Tim Williams who had 16ys experience with NSWPF & who had done the land search & co-ordinators course 3yrs earlier was at Benaroon Drive @ approx 12:30 & assumed command.

Mr Paul Berg had been with the SES for 23ys & was the local commander of Port Macquarie SES, he arrived about lunchtime. He had taken part in many searchers for missing children.............

By day 2 there were helicopters x 2, police on horse back, police on trail bikes , police divers

Mr Savage should/could have made himself known to these guys.

Why he didn't boggles my mind. He wasn't just some random person coming to search, he was a long term resident ( lived there for 14 yrs ) & new the FGM....................but no he wanted & did things his way ( on his own ) .............

If PS's actions were so suspect in conducting his own little search for WT etc., was he ever officially named a POI like BS was? If not, why not?
And didn't police search all the neighbouring houses inside & out a few times over?

If PS's actions were so suspect in conducting his own little search for WT etc., was he ever officially named a POI like BS was? If not, why not?
And didn't police search all the neighbouring houses inside & out a few times over?

He wasn't named, but then the police haven't named every single POI. They didn't even name BS, the media did when they found out the searches were happening, after that the Police had to say something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow