UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I’m saying is the ‘delivery’ men seen by her house DAYS before she disappeared could have been the same dark and light men

Oh l SEE...! As in scoping the place out.

I am wondering about ther phone again. Hire can she have taken ther phone with hey if she was kidnapped? The phone stayed in the house. Claudia was taken elsewhere. If she went of her own free will she would have taken the phone. Wonder if there is any CCTV from later in the day.

Oh l SEE...! As in scoping the place out.

I am wondering about ther phone again. Hire can she have taken ther phone with hey if she was kidnapped? The phone stayed in the house. Claudia was taken elsewhere. If she went of her own free will she would have taken the phone. Wonder if there is any CCTV from later in the day.
A bit confusing.Her mobile is still missing.

Who else in here is being accused by their family of being mad, reading and posting for over ten blooming years ?
Is this ever coming to an end ?
Come on Mr Plod get your trunchon

A bit confusing.Her mobile is still missing.

Yes l know. But did the phone stay with Claudia, or did the phone stay at the house and someone returned for it later. As per nt previous ramblings, is it likely she would have kept the phone on her when she was at home? It could have been deliberately picked up of course. But these people are not criminal masterminds and one doesn't always think straight in unusual circumstances. Assuming this was unusual for them, of course.

I've just had another thought about the text to JK. It has been commented that it seems unusual. Speculation on whether its from her has occurred. But the timescale is very close to when she spoke to her mum. So l wonder if the reason it stands out is because it's a lie.

Claudia is lying to JK. She doesn't want her to know she is going out. We know it's unlikely she was working at the weekend and we think she wasn't due to work on the Friday. Did she send that text, then head off out with the new boyfriend? Or was she making an excuse to avoid JK for the next few days? Was it to do with the problem JK described to her earlier that week. Why doesn't JK reply, or did she and we don't know about it?

What did she mean by no fun? She was meant to meet SC the following night. Maybe not fun but..it was a social activity.

Yes l know. But did the phone stay with Claudia, or did the phone stay at the house and someone returned for it later. As per nt previous ramblings, is it likely she would have kept the phone on her when she was at home? It could have been deliberately picked up of course. But these people are not criminal masterminds and one doesn't always think straight in unusual circumstances. Assuming this was unusual for them, of course.

I've just had another thought about the text to JK. It has been commented that it seems unusual. Speculation on whether its from her has occurred. But the timescale is very close to when she spoke to her mum. So l wonder if the reason it stands out is because it's a lie.

Claudia is lying to JK. She doesn't want her to know she is going out. We know it's unlikely she was working at the weekend and we think she wasn't due to work on the Friday. Did she send that text, then head off out with the new boyfriend? Or was she making an excuse to avoid JK for the next few days? Was it to do with the problem JK described to her earlier that week. Why doesn't JK reply, or did she and we don't know about it?

What did she mean by no fun? She was meant to meet SC the following night. Maybe not fun but..it was a social activity.
I agree @MissMarple Claudia was described as a prolific texter but at the same time her messages would end when it was bedtime (21:00) has been mentioned?
For this reason her phone would probably go with her almost everywhere.
Perhaps she Ihle leave it on the coffee table if going to the loo?
I don't believe that she sent the message to JK that night:
Firstly it was missing the statutory "x" kiss for friends that was reported in all other messages that evening (Ones to Steve Samons and her friends conversation with Liz from Malton)
And as said, If she was meeting Suzy in the Nags on Thursday 19th, the world would know about this afterwards.
We know that she was also due to see her Dad on Friday night.
If in the slight chance she did send it, she was giving JK the brush off.
Claudia has spoken time Mum that afternoon and the evening call was an unscheduled one-Mumwas asking Claudias advice on local reputable taxis for a friend.
If a Perp was with her or she was in a Perps house / hotel room then they would probably now feel the coast was clear.
She's spoken to Mum and Dad and Steve in Cyprus so everyone will believe it's Beddie times.
So was it time to crack open a bottle of drugged wine and then the rest is history?

My only other thought Re the message to JK is this:
As it was missing her "x" and Jen would know that she was clearly lying about being busy every night, was this a cryptic help message that JK did not pick up on because perhaps she read it the wrong way, particularly if they did have a row.
If this was the case-JK must be feeling so bad about this?
She could have called PR, but according to LE he was elsewhere or wouldn't have been arrested.

Yes maybe she did not want anyone to know just yet about her new boyfriend.

I agree @MissMarple Claudia was described as a prolific texter but at the same time her messages would end when it was bedtime (21:00) has been mentioned?
For this reason her phone would probably go with her almost everywhere.
Perhaps she Ihle leave it on the coffee table if going to the loo?
I don't believe that she sent the message to JK that night:
Firstly it was missing the statutory "x" kiss for friends that was reported in all other messages that evening (Ones to Steve Samons and her friends conversation with Liz from Malton)
And as said, If she was meeting Suzy in the Nags on Thursday 19th, the world would know about this afterwards.
We know that she was also due to see her Dad on Friday night.
If in the slight chance she did send it, she was giving JK the brush off.
Claudia has spoken time Mum that afternoon and the evening call was an unscheduled one-Mumwas asking Claudias advice on local reputable taxis for a friend.
If a Perp was with her or she was in a Perps house / hotel room then they would probably now feel the coast was clear.
She's spoken to Mum and Dad and Steve in Cyprus so everyone will believe it's Beddie times.
So was it time to crack open a bottle of drugged wine and then the rest is history?

My only other thought Re the message to JK is this:
As it was missing her "x" and Jen would know that she was clearly lying about being busy every night, was this a cryptic help message that JK did not pick up on because perhaps she read it the wrong way, particularly if they did have a row.
If this was the case-JK must be feeling so bad about this?
She could have called PR, but according to LE he was elsewhere or wouldn't have been arrested.

The thing to me that isn't clear is if this text message was part of a chain of text messages sent or a 'one off'? If it was a one off, and a friend of mine sent me this, I would certainly have called or text them back. Firstly the '12 days on the trot' part, is illegal, no employer could make you work that many days without a break and Secondly 'early mornings too' I thought Claudia only worked the early shift?
However, if we take this message on face value and believe that Claudia did send it (putting aside that her and JK may have had an argument).... where did this information come from? Did her Manager knock at the door and ask her to work? Perhaps she was asked to help with intensive cleaning of the kitchens? The only other thing, which would account for working 12 days straight, is if she was working elsewhere on top of the job at York Uni?

The thing to me that isn't clear is if this text message was part of a chain of text messages sent or a 'one off'? If it was a one off, and a friend of mine sent me this, I would certainly have called or text them back. Firstly the '12 days on the trot' part, is illegal, no employer could make you work that many days without a break and Secondly 'early mornings too' I thought Claudia only worked the early shift?
However, if we take this message on face value and believe that Claudia did send it (putting aside that her and JK may have had an argument).... where did this information come from? Did her Manager knock at the door and ask her to work? Perhaps she was asked to help with intensive cleaning of the kitchens? The only other thing, which would account for working 12 days straight, is if she was working elsewhere on top of the job at York Uni?
What we know of Claudias employer (Dont know if it is an outsourced private catering company or the UNIs own service) Is that they did not appear to excercise care and safeguarding of their staff.
As a manager, if I had a female employee who walked in the dark in the early hours to work and for 40 minutes. I would be concerned if she had not reported for work. I would be even more concerned if she did not return my 10:00 answerphone message. I would definitely have been pulling what hair I have left out of my head if she then failed to report for work yet again the following day (Missing two shifts with no contact) Remember it was her friend Suzy who had the sense to raise the alarm and not her employer. Even though her employer was aware of the absence well before Suzy did. What on earth was going on at the Uni???

Did JK get the text that night? (We don't know if she did and what she told police when questioned)

Who else in here is being accused by their family of being mad, reading and posting for over ten blooming years ?

@Popejohn3 Who are the family accusing?
Who has been reading and posting for over 10 Years?

If we focus on the Why rather than the Who-The Police have loads of evidence that we can only speculate on

Sorry I don't understand?

What we know of Claudias employer (Dont know if it is an outsourced private catering company or the UNIs own service) Is that they did not appear to excercise care and safeguarding of their staff.
As a manager, if I had a female employee who walked in the dark in the early hours to work and for 40 minutes. I would be concerned if she had not reported for work. I would be even more concerned if she did not return my 10:00 answerphone message. I would definitely have been pulling what hair I have left out of my head if she then failed to report for work yet again the following day (Missing two shifts with no contact) Remember it was her friend Suzy who had the sense to raise the alarm and not her employer. Even though her employer was aware of the absence well before Suzy did. What on earth was going on at the Uni???

Did JK get the text that night? (We don't know if she did and what she told police when questioned)

Very good points. I also wonder if this same text had been sent to SC, what she would have done? From everything I have read, I'm sure SC would have been on the phone to her. Perhaps it simply is a red herring.
What is interesting though, is that their maybe a hidden message within that text.... 12 days would have taken the date to 30th March, was that a significant date for anyone?

Very good points. I also wonder if this same text had been sent to SC, what she would have done? From everything I have read, I'm sure SC would have been on the phone to her. Perhaps it simply is a red herring.
What is interesting though, is that their maybe a hidden message within that text.... 12 days would have taken the date to 30th March, was that a significant date for anyone?
I like your thinking. Yes if I was Claudia and I wanted to alert someone who would come to the rescue and question the strange text then it would be Suzy. But perhaps she chose Jen because she was closest to her house?

The text is real as was reported on by Police.
30th March was a Monday. I know that Suzy and Claudia were planning a holiday for around Easter, whenever that was?

I cant recall the exact time Jen received this text if any other Sleuths can recall. Was it on this night or between the last day Jen saw her-Sunday and her going missing. Im sure that it was on the evening of 18th though? @Yozzer will likely know?

@Popejohn3 Who are the family accusing?
Who has been reading and posting for over 10 Years?

If we focus on the Why rather than the Who-The Police have loads of evidence that we can only speculate on

Sorry I don't understand?
Meant to say come on mister plod get your truncheon out ! Lol
Oh and I was referring to myself

I like your thinking. Yes if I was Claudia and I wanted to alert someone who would come to the rescue and question the strange text then it would be Suzy. But perhaps she chose Jen because she was closest to her house?

The text is real as was reported on by Police.
30th March was a Monday. I know that Suzy and Claudia were planning a holiday for around Easter, whenever that was?

I cant recall the exact time Jen received this text if any other Sleuths can recall. Was it on this night or between the last day Jen saw her-Sunday and her going missing. Im sure that it was on the evening of 18th though? @Yozzer will likely know?

Yes, Jen was closest, so it would make sense. I know that she was meeting up with Suzy on 19th, but until recent threads, I hadn't seen anything regarding Jen also going to be there? If she wanted to get the message out that she was in trouble, surely she would have messaged both of them, to ensure at least one of them picked it up?

I've just checked and Good Friday was 10th April, so Easter Sunday 12th April 2009.

I have seen that this text was sent AFTER Claudia's conversation with her Mum on 18th March (sure I saw it on this thread), I'll see if I can find this info on NYP website though.

Claudia was
Yes, Jen was closest, so it would make sense. I know that she was meeting up with Suzy on 19th, but until recent threads, I hadn't seen anything regarding Jen also going to be there? If she wanted to get the message out that she was in trouble, surely she would have messaged both of them, to ensure at least one of them picked it up?

I've just checked and Good Friday was 10th April, so Easter Sunday 12th April 2009.

I have seen that this text was sent AFTER Claudia's conversation with her Mum on 18th March (sure I saw it on this thread), I'll see if I can find this info on NYP website though.
complaining in text to Steve Samons in Cyprus that flight prices were expensive for the kids holiday period and so perhaps she was planning an earlier excursion? To the best of my knowledge Jen was not part of the Claudia and Suzy meeting. I think Claudia was planning a summer break with Jen, I do recall that Suzy corrected me on this a month ago..

Claudia was

complaining in text to Steve Samons in Cyprus that flight prices were expensive for the kids holiday period and so perhaps she was planning an earlier excursion? To the best of my knowledge Jen was not part of the Claudia and Suzy meeting. I think Claudia was planning a summer break with Jen, I do recall that Suzy corrected me on this a month ago..
Is it possible to tell us Suzy’s handle ?

I cannot find information regarding the exact wording of the text Claudia sent to Jen on 18th March. Does anyone have this please? :)

Claudia Lawrence timeline

'8.23pm: Claudia sends her last text message to a friend, arranging a meeting later that week.'

I haven't managed to find the wording yet but l found this.

Now l'm beginning to wonder where that wording has come from.

Claudia Lawrence timeline

'8.23pm: Claudia sends her last text message to a friend, arranging a meeting later that week.'

I haven't managed to find the wording yet but l found this.

Now l'm beginning to wonder where that wording has come from.

And yet we've all seen it, but I was searching and could not find it! It's something like "12 shifts on the trot and early mornings too. No fun for me"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge