Found Deceased AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from birthday party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chief answering questions --
  • Do you have a good idea of who has Kamille? "No we are appealing to a certain group of people that may have information"
  • No information turned up from the search today. There was nothing relevant.
  • The tip received today that caused the police presence - not going to go into or discuss tips b/c some are anonymous sources
  • How many tips? some are credible tips/actionable items, some need to be weighed against other tips to determine if they are valid. Didn't give a number.
  • Is she being moved around to other locations? "It is a possibility and it is something we are looking into"
  • Reporter said "Multiple people have offered saying I have money bring her to me" do you recommend that? Chief's answer was "we recommend safe passage" and then said "don't leave the baby stranded, help us out here"

WHY DID NO ONE ASK ABOUT THE POIs?

Lauren Walsh on Twitter
NEW: Birmimgham Crimestoppers announces reward money to help find 3-year-old Kamille McKinney is now up to $20,000 and you can remain anonymous and receive the money in cash. This is different from the reward offered by @GovernorKayIvey’s office.
EHB2iLGXYAAC_qU.jpg

5:09 PM - 16 Oct 2019

Indeed, that was a huge crowd there, wasn't it? It's Wednesday- don't people have work, college, school to attend? I can totally understand family and close friends coming, but that was like a crowd at a free summer concert.

Sadly, the area involved today has a VERY large population of unemployed and those receiving government assistance.

Would they really bring a huge volume of LE, a masked swat team (bearing a door breaker), a helicopter, an ambulance, a fire engine and the rest today for an ‘anonymous tip’? I don’t live there of course but for me it screams a cover up or something underlying. Not in a bad way. I believe everyone concerned has the same agenda, to find her but for me it’s just too much for a daft off the collar tip.

I’m going to say cupcake is closer to home than we think...

Police chief appeals to perp:

"I wanted to reach out to just one individual. If you know where Kamille is...if you have her...and you're not sure what to do. I want to just talk to you for one second. I want to tell you safe passage is the way to go. Please bring her to one of our fire stations, police station, a hospital. If you don't know what to do or where to go and you're frightened, we're here to help you. Our goal is to reunite this 3-year-old baby with her family. We ask that if you know where Kamille is that you contact us, that you please bring her to a safe location, and we will follow up from there. We need your help. We believe you know where she is. And we believe someone has her. Please bring this to a safe end and place her back in the safe arms of her family and our police. Think safe passage."

This was kind of eerie to watch...
Welllllllll....I could take this several ways. Unfortunately, I feel this is no longer a stranger abduction situation.

Police chief appeals to perp:

"I wanted to reach out to just one individual. If you know where Kamille is...if you have her...and you're not sure what to do. I want to just talk to you for one second. I want to tell you safe passage is the way to go. Please bring her to one of our fire stations, police station, a hospital. If you don't know what to do or where to go and you're frightened, we're here to help you. Our goal is to reunite this 3-year-old baby with her family. We ask that if you know where Kamille is that you contact us, that you please bring her to a safe location, and we will follow up from there. We need your help. We believe you know where she is. And we believe someone has her. Please bring this to a safe end and place her back in the safe arms of her family and our police. Think safe passage."

This was kind of eerie to watch...
Home | Safe Passage
Safe Passage Program for Birmingham school students

"Nothing at this point" "If you want valid info, follow BPD on @twitter"......Chief.
My goodness, soo much time has gone by...what is the involvement of the two POI in jail rn? Ugh...I'm so sorry, Cupcake. MOO

WVTM 13 News at 4pm

I know. I wish we had an idea as to what specifically the evidence is against them.

If it’s solid, I think this has a bad ending.

If it’s weak, and they aren’t involved, then the odds of a positive outcome probably go up.

After seeing the huge LE forces swarming those apartments, I certainly hope whoever has Cupcake realizes it is safer for EVERYONE to just drop her off as the Chief has asked, so as not to find themselves in that situation...it’s either going to guide the person(s) involved to do the right thing or it’s going to create panic....the latter scares the sh*! out of me for Cupcake’s safety!

Going back under my rock & quietly praying, following along with all of you amazing folks:oops:...MOO

Last edited:
OCT 16, 2019
$25,000 cash reward offered for info. leading to missing Birmingham girl

401cc92a-89fd-4c1a-91a5-06b0c553fdc9-large16x9_3bb7b954091f464f83ae0f511f62ba76large16x9_amberalertcupcake.jpg

[...]

You can call Crime Stoppers and anonymously leave a tip if you know her whereabouts 205-254-7777.

The $19,000 reward is in addition to the $6,000 reward being offered by Gov. Kay Ivey's office for a total $25,000 reward if "Cupcake" McKinney is found.

[...]
Now they have the right reward - info leading to finding Cupcake. Fingers crossed that someone will be motivated by money, or even just a conscience, to help locate this child.

I think the Chief's pleas are not entirely directed to someone that they believe is known to Cupcake, I think he is simply doing what anyone in his position would do in this situation. If they had any idea who it was, or any valid info from the POI's in lock-up, they would not have used all of the resources to go into an entire complex with extreme LE involvement, etc; today, nor would they keep asking for the public's help. They have absolutely nothing IMO and that in itself is scary as hell. It could be a stranger or someone known to family...I believe we are back at square one and I don't think they ever left. MOO

I know. I wish we had an idea as to what specifically the evidence is against them.

If it’s solid, I think this has a bad ending.

If it’s weak, and they aren’t involved, then the odds of a positive outcome probably go up.
You know, I honestly thought the 2 morons in jail would have rolled by now if they actually passed Cupcake on to someone else.
So now I’m thinking that you may be correct that they are not talking because the truth may be really bad!
I hope not, but damn it’s been a while now... where is she? MOO

These 2 were named POI pretty quickly and I don't think it was just based on eye witness account of the vehicle. IMO they have something more. If they find some DNA in that vehicle maybe one will flip on the other. I don't think somebody else has her but I have no doubt others may have some info. Info they aren't going to share because they have their own LE issues perhaps. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam