Found Deceased AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from birthday party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subiechik21

Reaction score
Alabama Law Enforcement Agency Online Services

3-year-old girl kidnapped from Birmingham birthday party; Amber Alert cites ‘extreme danger’

Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney vanished about 8:30 p.m. Saturday from Tom Brown Village public housing community in Avondale. She was outside with friends when she disappeared.

According to other children, a man and a woman in a dark SUV picked up Kamille. An 11-year-old boy said he saw a man get out of the SUV, pick up Kamille and put her in the vehicle. Police do not believe this is a custodial issue. Both of Kamille’s parents as well as her extended family are on the scene.
33DODX7I6ZD6LAAJZGFTSKTMWI.JPG

This is my first time making a thread, please let me know if I missed anything!

Media, Maps, timeline - *No Discussion*

Thread #1
Thread #2

Last edited by a moderator:
"Police said Kamille is approximately 3 feet tall and weighs 60 pounds. She has brown eyes and black hair. Kamille was last seen wearing a pink t-shirt with Minnie Mouse leopard print design, leopard prints shorts, and yellow, white, and blue hair bows.

Police said Kamille may have been abducted by a man and woman traveling in a dark-colored black or blue SUV possibly an older model Toyota 4 Runner with rims and a tan protruding bumper, according to a release.

If you have any information regarding Kamille or the people who abducted her, please contact the Birmingham Police Department at 205-254-0841."

AMBER Alert issued for 3-year-old Birmingham girl

Please continue discussion here.

NOTE: Contrary to some earlier reports, Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney has NOT been located.

There appears to have been some miscommunication between LE and/or MSM that resulted in some erroneous MSM reporting.

"We're asking because we feel that there are some people on the sidelines who have information that is incredibly important to this investigation that may just be that one piece to close things," Smith said. "So, the most important thing is the involvement of the citizens, those in that community and those around us to make sure things happen when they should."

The little girl's father and grandmother have made pleas for her safe return. Both are confident they will be reunited with Cupcake.

"They could have took her to Jupiter. We're going to find her," said Dominic McKinney, the child's father. Videos @link:
Cash rewards for tips in Birmingham kidnapping investigation

OCT 16, 2019
BPD: Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney still missing; $25K reward offered
4 p.m.
CRIME STOPPERS OFFERING REWARD

In a press conference held at their headquarters downtown, Birmingham Police say Crime Stoppers is offering $20,000 reward in addition to the Governor’s $5,000 reward.

“I wanted to reach out to just one individual. If you know where Kamille is…if you have her and you’re not sure what to do…I want to give you safe passage,” Birmingham Police Chief Patrick Smith says.

Chief Smith says it’s a possibility Kamille is being moved around to different locations. He asks anyone with information, including video, to come forward, promising anonymity.

[...]

Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office continues to support the Birmingham Police Department on bringing home Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney. – Jefferson County Sheriff

MEDIA ALERT
Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office continues to support the Birmingham Police Department on bringing home Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney.

The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office is working closely with Birmingham Police and local officials to bring Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney home. Unfortunately, misinformation was passed on to a CBS 42 employee from JCSO. The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office continues to offer our deputies and resources to assist in the case; we are not the lead on this investigation. We will continue to work with the participating law enforcement agencies with the hopes of bringing Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney back home safely to her family. It is vital to remain focused on bringing Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney home. Our prayers are with her family and the lead agency.

@tlcya bringing this over from the last thread:

I'm gonna go out on a limb an say these people are no strangers to Cupcake. I believe it is being handled as it is (stranger abduction) by LE for a very good reason and I believe within the next 24 hours those reasons will be made public. Praying for a safe Cupcake. But the POIs in custody, they are real pieces of work. :( This makes me very concerned for this beautiful baby.

ETA MOO Speculation

[bbm]

which people? the ones under arrest?
the police chief said he believes 'there is no connection between the family and the abductors.'

Amber Alert Issued For 3-Yr-Old Kamille 'Cupcake' McKinney Who Went Missing From Birthday Party

Last edited:
I'm so worried that the false report of her being found is going to make people stop looking for her.
I don’t think that’s going to happen. By now, just about everyone looking for her probably knows that she wasn’t found. If they don’t know, then they probably weren’t looking for her in the first place.

The urgency is still there, and this crime is still in the news.

During the 6:00PM local WBRC Fox6 newscast at 6:03pm, the reporter (Sarah Verser) read a statement released by the Birmingham Housing Authority. I can’t find a link to it yet but it was read on live TV. In part, it said, “they are working closely with law enforcement agencies”.

Now, one would wonder why a housing authority would make an announcement regarding a missing persons case, no? Cupcake was last seen at one of the authorities properties. Read between the lines folks. MOO is they are making this announcement because one or more of their residents have information and are not coming foreword.

During the 6:00PM local WBRC Fox6 newscast at 6:03pm, the reporter (Sarah Verser) read a statement released by the Birmingham Housing Authority. I can’t find a link to it yet but it was read on live TV. In part, it said, “they are working closely with law enforcement agencies”.

Now, one would wonder why a housing authority would make an announcement regarding a missing persons case, no? Cupcake was last seen at one of the authorities properties. Read between the lines folks. MOO is they are coming forward because one or more of their residents have information and are not coming foreword.

I dunno, they said something similar a few days ago.

“We are praying for the safe return of 3-year-old Kamille McKinney and asking for anyone who may know anything about her disappearance to please contact the Birmingham Police Department. We can’t imagine what little Kamille’s family is going through at this moment. We’d like her family to know that they are in our thoughts and we pray this unimaginable situation will end very soon with the safe return of their little girl. HABD expresses gratitude to the public and media for sharing this story to help spread the word about the child’s abduction, which we pray will lead to a credible tip for law enforcement. Public Safety Director Ken Foreman and other HABD staff have been working on site at Tom Brown Village to locate the child and HABD will continue to do anything we can to assist police.”

Housing Authority of the Birmingham District
CBS 42 on Twitter

What a roller coaster!

I am going to throw this out there, the likelihood of a white female kidnapper, taking a small black child from a housing project is less than .01%. I know Birmingham, it is still very segregated.

This sounds like the "Atlanta kidnappings". Wayne Williams committed those crimes, even though the public was convinced that it was a completely different narrative.

OCT 16, 2019
Birmingham police chief to Kamille McKinney’s captor: ‘I want to talk to you’
[...]

“I want to reach out to one individual,’’ Smith said Wednesday at an afternoon press conference. “If you know where Kamille is, if you have her and you’re not sure what to do, I want to talk to you.”

“Safe Passage is the way to go. Please bring her to one of our fire stations, the police station, a hospital,’’ the chief said. “If you don’t know what to do or where to go and you’re frightened, we’re here to help you.”

“Our goal is reunite this 3-year-old baby with her family,’’ the chief continued. “I’m asking now if you know where Kamille is that you contact us, that you please bring her to a safe location, and we’ll follow up from there. We need your help.”

[...]

“What we’re doing is appealing to a certain segment of people who may have information to her whereabouts,’’ Smith said.

[...]

“We believe that you know where she is and we believe that someone has her,’’ Smith said. “Please bring this to a safe end and place her back into the arms of her family and law enforcement.”

[...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member