CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was LE who described her as wearing underwear. Imo
So do you think the DOJ was given a pic of her that was taken on that day and that is what they saw? They saw the red hat as a white hat? They saw the black bikini as a bra and underwear?
Or could it be that was the description that was given in the 911 call?

To suggest that RT has not told the truth is plainly not victim friendly.

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

So do you think the DOJ was given a pic of her that was taken on that day and that is what they saw? They saw the red hat as a white hat? They saw the black bikini as a bra and underwear?
Or could it be that was the description that was given in the 911 call?
I don't know why they said that. But I think the hat is red and white.
There was a big discussion, or rather several discussions about how a bra and boy shorts or other type bottoms can be worn as a bikini.
It's not uncommon and if she was wearing something like that, maybe RT felt it was more appropriate just to refer to it as a bikini in his interviews.

Imo

Recount please?
A sports bra has much more coverage and support than a plain bra that is similar to a bikini top.
To me the top Barb is wearing in the picture looks like one of the nice bikini tops you can purchase in places like Canyon Beachwear in Palm Springs. Classy bikinis with a touch of detailing or gold here and there.
To the wearer I can assure you there is a big difference between a bra and bikini top.For one even the cutest bra is underwear and I don’t think any sane woman is going out in her underwear.
The second is comfort and wear ability. Swim wear is active wear, it’s breathable and stretchy to move around and sweat in drying quickly.
Thirdly most desert women who wear bathing suits as clothing have a million suits of every style from which to choose over a bra.
What husband going to say his elegant beautiful wife actually chose a bra to wear out and about instead of a bathing suit top?
And if so does this point to a possible lack of mental ability or confusion on the part of the public bra wearer that could have led to a wandering off of some kind?
all imo
. @Jade :) bbm

"Classy bikinis....cutest bra."
"Most desert women who wear bathing suits as clothing have a million suits."

"all imo" = Based on FBI Uniform Crime Reports, SoCal, Fashion Police Div. 2019 Summer Collection??

Just wondering, j/k.

Last edited:
I would certainly like to know why she never met her grandkids.
The VI mentioned something about her son giving her some trouble when he was younger, and wasn't sure when they had last seen each other or if they had been in touch over the years.
Apparently he did communicate with her, shortly before Barbara disappeared, at least once.
He also indicated that Matt and RT did not get along very well.

Imo

Found this from the Arizona Central Newspaper, didn’t find it in the media page. Seems to have some info I do not remember from reading the threads. Sorry if it is repetitious.

Family suspects foul play in disappearance of Bullhead City woman
Welcome to WS @divineappt!

Snipped from your link "...investigators were looking into all leads. The agency's Specialized Investigations Division has assumed the investigation into Thomas' disappearance, according to Bachman. The department's website states that the Specialized Investigations Division is composed of homicide detail, crimes against children and technology crimes."

?what on earth has been done with Barbara and how have no leads surfaced?

The VI mentioned something about her son giving her some trouble when he was younger, and wasn't sure when they had last seen each other or if they had been in touch over the years.
Apparently he did communicate with her, shortly before Barbara disappeared, at least once.
He also indicated that Matt and RT did not get along very well.

Imo
Matthew Schellinkhout, Thomas' only child who lives in Lafayette, Indiana, said his mom was great at cheering people up. He added that his two children called her "Grandma Barbie," and that she was given the nickname because of her beauty.

"Mom liked Collies and Himalayan cats, a very outgoing personality — loved to dance and cook," he said.

"My mother and I were close. ... (We) spoke on the phone often (and) she loved my children, Christopher,13, and Natalie, 11. ... I wish my children and I lived out there. (Her disappearance) would not have happened," he added.

This is a tough one, because although it would be great to have scores of people searching and doing camera dives in the mines, it's dangerous. LE can't suggest citizens go in to this rugged territory and then end up Victims themselves. If Barb was snatched as RT suggests, she likely did end up dumped in one of the mines, or just elsewhere in the desert yet to be found.

Despite the overwhelmingly remote chance she can be found...I still believe she will be.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Schellinkhout explained that Thomas had previously been married to his father and then 14 years ago was remarried to Robert Thomas.

Cindy Bachman, a sheriff's spokeswoman, said that investigators were looking into all leads.

The agency's Specialized Investigations Division has assumed the investigation into Thomas' disappearance, according to Bachman. The department's website states that the Specialized Investigations Division is composed of homicide detail, crimes against children and technology crimes.

Appears like they think RT had something in his character to consider him as suspect.. Both with her family and possibly LE with the way the article is written..
JMHO

I thank all of you posting here still
I haven't: not much else to say, or: someone else beats me to it!
Barbara deserves justice, whatever her fate: to be known
I check her thread numerous times a day, hoping for a significant update, following any theories.
Just wanted to say thanks for those keeping her thread alive

Matthew Schellinkhout, Thomas' only child who lives in Lafayette, Indiana, said his mom was great at cheering people up. He added that his two children called her "Grandma Barbie," and that she was given the nickname because of her beauty.

"Mom liked Collies and Himalayan cats, a very outgoing personality — loved to dance and cook," he said.

"My mother and I were close. ... (We) spoke on the phone often (and) she loved my children, Christopher,13, and Natalie, 11. ... I wish my children and I lived out there. (Her disappearance) would not have happened," he added.
It's unfortunate his kids never got a chance to meet her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni