CA - Aleyah Elaine Toscano, 16, in protective custody, found dead, Whittier, 20 Sept 2019

Found this. Not sure if this is definitely the same Aleyah Toscano, but the location and spelling of the name makes me think it is probable.

VS030422 ALEYAH TOSCANO VS. ALFREDO MONTEL

5/12/17 Document Filed Declaration (of Ex Parte Notice - On Behalf of: Petitioner: Toscano, Aleyah) Filed by Petitioner

06/23/19 Hearing Restraining Order Hearing - Dismissed - TRO-Lack of Prosecution

To me this sounds like an appointed guardian filed for a restraining order on her behalf but it was dismissed - possibly she failed to show up for the hearing? Anyone with better knowledge of these things, I welcome your thoughts/insight.

Found this. Not sure if this is definitely the same Aleyah Toscano, but the location and spelling of the name makes me think it is probable.

5/12/17 Document Filed Declaration (of Ex Parte Notice - On Behalf of: Petitioner: Toscano, Aleyah) Filed by Petitioner

06/23/19 Hearing Restraining Order Hearing - Dismissed - TRO-Lack of Prosecution

To me this sounds like an appointed guardian filed for a restraining order on her behalf but it was dismissed - possibly she failed to show up for the hearing? Anyone with better knowledge of these things, I welcome your thoughts/insight.
Yes, I saw this today, too for the first time. I did not know how to decipher anything from this. I couldn't find any information on the defendant , Alfred Montiel.

BBM - Edited to correct my error on the date the Restraining Order was dismissed. Date should be 06/23/17.

The whole family seems fishy tbh. The mother seemed very erratic and disconnected. Maybe she was on meds or drugs, maybe she should have not been giving interviews but she just did not seem like a grieving mother.
Have you ever grieved a loss of a child? I'm reading all your post and your judging her mother. You obviously are just speculating.. the mother is grieving, this woman has been through so much in her life, have you ever thought that maybe she is angry

Yes. It is a fact. Only Aleyah was removed. If my child is removed from my home....you better believe that I will be calling her every day check up on her. If not, I m also calling her social worker, counselors and guardians every damn day till she's back home. No one was looking for her. I hate to think of what she was put through for the whole five days she was gone.
They were looking for her!!!

Exactly what I've been thinking -- every question you asked were the same as what I've been wondering. Did she know or see something that would have gotten someone in bad legal trouble? If so, how did the killers know where to find her? Does anyone else know about what she saw/heard that could help make this thing make more sense, and possibly help with finding those responsible? It's just odd, wrong, and very, very sad.
You WILL NOT HEAR SBOUT THIS CASE PUBLICLY BECAUSE IT IS UNDER INVESTIGATION. S MOTHER LOST HER CHILD AND THE CHILD WAS LEFT IN THE GRASS OF S SO CALLED FRIEND, THE CHILD HAD NO SHOES ON SND HER JEWELRY WAD MISSING

@Dontjudgebeforeknowing , do you know the family or this situation? If so, please consider becoming a Verified Insider for this case:

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Posts without supporting links to articles or LE reports are often removed. Posts of Verified Insiders are OK, and can remain without links.

Thanks for posting -- we are hungry for information.

@gitana1 , what is going on in South Whittier???

JMHO YMMV

I've been wondering the same thing. If my juvenile daughter were a victim and had to go into protective custody, I would go into protective custody with her.

Being placed in a "state-run facility " sounds more like removal from a bad domestic situation - NOT protective custody.
That's what I was thinking, if my child was in that kind of danger, no way am I giving her up to go somewhere alone. I'd find some place and go with.

Interview with Mom was off putting, but reserving judgement for now. I will say the go fund me garnered 10k for the family. I'm not a fan of , but I won't go there right now.

Thinking about the circumstances of why she went into PC. Gang related?

Los Angeles City/County Native American Indian Commission
September 24 at 11:34 AM ·
The Los Angeles City/County Native American Indian Commission would like to extend its deepest condolences to the family of 16-year old Cherokee citizen Aleyah Elaine Toscano. She was dropped off by two unidentified men at an apartment complex in Whitter last Friday night, unconscious. She died shortly after being picked up by an ambulance.

Police reported that Aleyah was previously a victim of a violent crime, and therefore was living in a state-run facility in Palmdale for her protection. She was lured away from another young girl on Monday, September 16, and wasn’t seen or heard from until her untimely death. She suffered greatly.

The Los Angeles City/County Native American Indian Commission calls on the County Board of Supervisors and the State of California to launch a special investigation into the circumstances of her death.

To me, it sounds like Aleyah was a victim of a crime involving gang members. And if that was the case, it doesn't seem like such a great idea to let a 16-year-old hang around like she doesn't have a target on her back. She should've been taken out of Los Angeles and probably out of California. If this was gang related, that is.

Have you ever grieved a loss of a child? I'm reading all your post and your judging her mother. You obviously are just speculating.. the mother is grieving, this woman has been through so much in her life, have you ever thought that maybe she is angry

No, I have not. <mod snip: WS is victim friendly> But the truth will come out and I really hope justice is served to all those involved.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been wondering the same thing. If my juvenile daughter were a victim and had to go into protective custody, I would go into protective custody with her.

Being placed in a "state-run facility " sounds more like removal from a bad domestic situation - NOT protective custody.

Might be what it sounds like, but that's not always the case. I know kids who were removed for Truency alone. And others who were just wrongfully removed because of a personal bias against mom. People are truly, truly naive about removels.

I think its far too early to mom bash. God have mercy!

Exactly why would they leave the other kids in the home if it was bad she was a good kid y'all need to stop judging and speculating
Welcome to websleuths. You'll see a lot of that here sadly. Stick around anyway. We need people who aren't quick to blame mommy for everything.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back