Found Deceased AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from birthday party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Innocent until proven guilty. You don’t know what was on the phone, and iirc the charge was intent to distribute, which is another aspect that has to be proven.

I’m not defending CP or anyone who has anything to do with it, but I’m starting to get the feeling that these two POIs have nothing to do with her disappearance at all, and the initial focus on them might have caused LE to ignore other possibilities or leads.
Note - he possessed the *advertiser censored* - 4 counts, and 3 counts of intent to distribute......
AMBER ALERT: Suspect charged with child *advertiser censored*. Second suspect on probation for previous kidnapping
Patrick Stalwarth, 29, is charged with for counts of possession of child *advertiser censored*, and three counts of possession of child *advertiser censored* with intent to distribute. Investigators say they found the images on his cell phone

Derrick Brown, a 29 year-old woman, had her probation revoked. She was on probation for kidnapping. Although the charges are unrelated to the search for Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney, they are still persons of interest.
AMBER ALERT: Suspect charged with child *advertiser censored*. Second suspect on probation for previous kidnapping

They wouldn’t need clothes or shoes if they’re using her for child *advertiser censored*.

I mean, they still probably would have clothing for her.

Child *advertiser censored* isn't just a happens in a dark dungeon of a basement with kids chained up type of deal... most children go to school, look completely normal or appear well cared for, are victimized by a family member, etc. It happens in our own backyards and communities. It would already be uncommon for them to use a very recognizable victim at this point but it would be extremely rare in the circumstances we see for child *advertiser censored* crimes to just have a child running around without clothes 24/7 or anything like that.

Last edited:
There was only one child witness and he absolutely did know her....clearly very well as it was her own brother.
Can you please link that proof? Admittedly, I have read deep into the community posts on social media, so I may be confusing fact with hearsay, but nowhere have I read a valid source stating that the brother was the lone witness, or tbh, even a witness at all.

What kinds of jobs have employees working in the evenings on a Saturday? Road construction, emergency plumbing/electrical - he wasn't in a uniform while on camera that I recall - and if he was there "for work" why did he have his girlfriend with him (if he did) - and I agree with the other poster, why spend 2 hours looking for KM when it was said she was picked up and placed in a vehicle by a man??? JMO
I don't know what kind of job he has or what his alibi is or how he's going to prove it.

I'm not doubting she was picked up and put in a car, I'm just not convinced it's that car, or that man and woman.

Wasn't the car described as having tan trim and a peanut butter colored bumber? I thought this car had silver trim and a silver bumper.
Didn't they say at first it was a white woman who was in the car?

I'm not saying I don't think he was involved. LE has said that he is connected.
Maybe he was there earlier watching and saw her then.
We need to know the exact time Cupcake was abducted. Was it two hours before the call? If it was at 6:30 and police were called at 8:30, that would make sense if he really has proof he wasn't there at 8:30.
We also need the DNA evidence. Someone may have cleaned the car, but if her DNA is in there that might be enough to arrest him again.
They need whoever is out there who knows something to come forward, too.

Imo

Last edited:
I’m seeing a lot of casual racism in some of these posts and I just want to encourage posters to be more thoughtful in their assumptions about people and their livelihoods and their actions concerning their own family.

Before you post, ask yourself if you’d be jumping to the same conclusions if the people involved were white? Or from a wealthy community?

I’m reminded of a passage from The Great Gatsby.

In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I’ve been turning over in my mind ever since.
“Whenever you feel like criticizing any one,” he told me, “just remember that all the people in this world haven’t had the advantages that you’ve had.”
Racism? Can you point to which posts you are referring to?

Do you even read other missing children's threads on here or just this one?

People here react the same way towards any perp, regardless of color, religion, etc.

Social media is telling. You cannot discount the possibility of there being truth in what has been posted. I live in the state and know a bit about the culture in these apartment complexes/projects, the people who live there and the atmosphere regarding kids. As much as it hurts to admit it, kids are at the bottom of the importance chain in many situations.

Was it ever confirmed that the 11 year old witness was her brother?
There was only one child witness and he absolutely did know her....clearly very well as it was her own brother.

First report posted in media thread:
3-year-old girl kidnapped from Birmingham birthday party; Amber Alert cites ‘extreme danger’

Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney vanished about 8:30 p.m. Saturday from Tom Brown Village public housing community in Avondale. She was outside with friends when she disappeared.

According to other children, a man and a woman in a dark SUV picked up Kamille. An 11-year-old boy said he saw a man get out of the SUV, pick up Kamille and put her in the vehicle. Police do not believe this is a custodial issue. Both of Kamille’s parents as well as her extended family are on the scene.

I don't know what kind of job he has or what his alibi is or how he's going to prove it.

I'm not doubting she was picked up and put in a car, I'm just not convinced it's that car, or that man and woman.

Wasn't the car described as having tan trim and a peanut butter colored bumber? I thought this car had silver trim and a silver bumper.
Didn't they say at first it was a white woman who was in the car?

I'm not saying I don't think he was involved. LE has said that he is connected.
Maybe he was there earlier watching and saw her then.
We need to know the exact time Cupcake was abducted. Was it two hours before the call? If it was at 6:30 and police were called at 8:30, that would make sense if he really has proof he wasn't there at 8:30.
We also need the DNA evidence. Someone may have cleaned the car, but if her DNA is in there that might be enough to arrest him again.
They need whoever is out there who knows something to come forward, too.

Imo
yes - it is all very confusing - which vehicle was spotted during the abduction - who provided the description - when was she FIRST missed at the party - what time was she abducted (was the witness wearing a watch to report the time?) - how long was the search prior to calling 911? so many questions and here we are 6 days later and no further along IMO.

Can you please link that proof? Admittedly, I have read deep into the community posts on social media, so I may be confusing fact with hearsay, but nowhere have I read a valid source stating that the brother was the lone witness, or tbh, even a witness at all.
I haven't seen it either, and from what I understand there were lots of children there that day. There may have been 5 or 6 eleven year olds for all we know. It would also explain why he did not tell someone about seeing the vehicle and Cupcake being picked up by the man right away. He may not have realized what was happening.

And, by the way...
Welcome to Websleuths, n4k!!!

Jonathan Hardison on Twitter

Still in a holding pattern awaiting start of @BhamPolice news conference where we're now told they'll be sharing video with us about the Amber Alert case of missing 3-year old Kamille McKinney, kidnapped last Saturday night. We'll have it LIVE when it begins @WBRCnews

11:47 AM (EDT) · Oct 18, 2019

Sarah Snyder on Twitter

Minutes away from a live news conference with Birmingham Police about missing 3-year-old Kamille McKinney. We will break in live as soon as it starts.@abc3340 #liveon3340

EHK99VeXYAAQsZw.jpeg

11:38 AM (EDT) · Oct 18, 2019

Social media is telling. You cannot discount the possibility of there being truth in what has been posted. I live in the state and know a bit about the culture in these apartment complexes/projects, the people who live there and the atmosphere regarding kids. As much as it hurts to admit it, kids are at the bottom of the importance chain in many situations.
I absolutely agree with you 100%! I live outside the city, but have worked in B'ham over thirty years. Reading the depths of social media surrounding this case has been eyeopening for me. I realize that we work in this fictitious safe bubble in the city, but deep underground there is another world that exists that is full of things beyond our comprehension. It is sad and scary.

I believe the answers to solving this case will be found on social media. The only problem is there is much trash to sift through to find the jewels.

THe suspense is killing me! Can they get started already?!

I feel like we are about to either watch video of her being put in a car or video of other vehicles at the scene they want the public's help identifying...

Lots of chatter from the back about getting the video to play..."will be available after the press conference is over"

I haven't seen it either, and from what I understand there were lots of children there that day. There may have been 5 or 6 eleven year olds for all we know. It would also explain why he did not tell someone about seeing the vehicle and Cupcake being picked up by the man right away. He may not have realized what was happening.

And, by the way...
Welcome to Websleuths, n4k!!!
Thank you, Ms. Betsy! I'm not new--been around since 2011 (I think I joined during the Caylee Anthony case). I get so engrossed with these cases of abducted kids that I become non-productive, so I TRY to stay away. ;-)

yes - it is all very confusing - which vehicle was spotted during the abduction - who provided the description - when was she FIRST missed at the party - what time was she abducted (was the witness wearing a watch to report the time?) - how long was the search prior to calling 911? so many questions and here we are 6 days later and no further along IMO.
They might not even know the exact time. If it was a child who witnessed it he may not have a good sense of how much time went by before he mentioned it.
If they can narrow down the time that would help.
Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members