Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #114

Status
Not open for further replies.
The person who met Lyric and her cousin was older, and may have been even older than they thought, but young looking. I'm not tied to any age with the Evansdale cousin abductions/murders.

I think there's some sort of industry connection between Evansdale and Delphi - pork, corn, something where employees may work in both locations ... anyone remember the company?

Dbm

Indiana Packers?

I think the other company with ties to both areas is the Weichman Pig Company. I remember looking at news footage from when the company came to Delphi. The thought hasn’t left my mind completely, but I have drifted away from thinking there is a connection. Some of the footage (both videos on YouTube -and print) were interesting to consider.

The girls arrived at the trails at approximately 1:30. Abby's picture was sent to snapchat at approximately 2:07. Libby took a video of BG shortly after. The girls were at the end of the trail with nowhere left to go. According to police, the girls died shortly after the video was taken. What are the odds that the girls end up on a dead end trail at the end of a landmark bridge at the same time as a murderer? The murderer was literally right behind them while they were on the bridge.

pretty sure this was discussed before- L & E killed in 2012, so murderer was potentially 5 years younger.... If he was 22 in 2017, then 17 in 2012.... If he was 18 in 2017, then 13 in 2012. If he was very young in 2012, he was smaller and could probably not drive or would have been without a license and his own car. How many possible suspects were in IA in 2012 and in IN in 2017? Not an infinite number, but if old enough to drive, more likely one person could travel between the two sites.

I am more curious about a person who kills two other people- Difficult and why? Had two sisters he did not like? Had a mother or girlfriend who went off with another woman? Just seems like a weird choice, IMO.

If the offender was a high school student who then left for college, he was probably between 17 and 18 at the time of his murders in Delphi.

About motive, who really knows? Something blown out of proportion by a young person. A targeted killing motivated by an obsession. A thrill-kill by a psychopathic young man.

Last edited:
If the offender was a high school student who then left for college, he was probably between 17 and 18 at the time of his murders in Delphi.

About motive, who really knows? Something blown out of proportion by a young person. A targeted killing motivated by an obsession. A thrill-kill by a psychopathic young man.

If he was a high school student, I bet he was athletic and knew Abby and Libby from sports. I also think he was a good student, but shy and poorly known to them. They did not recognize him because he was always in the shade. And I agree, he probably left for college and stays off the radar now. Totally.

The girls arrived at the trails at approximately 1:30. Abby's picture was sent to snapchat at approximately 2:07. Libby took a video of BG shortly after. The girls were at the end of the trail with nowhere left to go. According to police, the girls died shortly after the video was taken. What are the odds that the girls end up on a dead end trail at the end of a landmark bridge at the same time as a murderer? The murderer was literally right behind them while they were on the bridge.

I think the picture played a certain role. I don’t know if he decided Abby would fit because she looked well-built, like a petite young woman, or he thought, she’d fit because she looked small and childish enough. Looking at the photo, I am more apt to think he targets young women. Maybe he favors certain type (petite and well-built, with long mass of hair?). But not necessarily teenagers. Abby was a teenager turning into a beautiful woman. And this is what prompted his decision. MOO.

Hey you! - Very concisely put. I DO believe they were targeted, or one of them was and the other was taken to eliminate a witness.

... Though I'm not sure the intent was to murder them. Perhaps things got out of hand (they fought back mightily?) resulting in their deaths...

My thoughts branch off in several directions, wondering about my dwindlingly few POI.

Does anyone know much about German Baptists in the Delphi area...? Do they shun electricity like the Amish? Is it true they wear only clothing sans zippers? What kinds of work do they do to make a living? Do they drive cars? Do they use phones? The internet? Do they read the Bible or some other religious tome?

I think the April PC was a declaration to the killer "We are on to you!!!". I think there is a LOT going on behind the scenes. I am hopeful for an arrest in the coming weeks or certainly by the close of this calendar year.

Just not sure if it's THIS POI or THAT one. LE has successfully kept MUCH out of the public eye. That is as it should be. I don't think LE are clueless at all. I believe they're closing in. Tick Tock BG! Give it up now while you have a chance to negotiate or you'll be strapped on the gurney wishing you had!

Yes the have lots of the pieces and just need that one piece as they have told us numerous times. (The whodunnit piece).

That's the whole thing, though! It's as if we were trying to solve a mystery and someone said we had to solve the mystery before the mystery could be solved. It's circular logic, probably unintentional, for LE to suggest that the name of the offender is the last piece of the puzzle. It is, in fact, the puzzle.

Ok guys: two questions:

1. I keep seeing reference to chief Mullin stating that they only have a very little bit of DNA. But I have no source for this, and I need one. Anyone have one?

2. Someone way up thread posted that the LE posters about the case no longer include the request for information about the vehicle. I’d like to see a copy of the before and after posters if anyone has them.

Thanks so much in advance!!

My thoughts branch off in several directions, wondering about my dwindlingly few POI.

Does anyone know much about German Baptists in the Delphi area...? Do they shun electricity like the Amish? Is it true they wear only clothing sans zippers? What kinds of work do they do to make a living? Do they drive cars? Do they use phones? The internet? Do they read the Bible or some other religious tome?

I think the April PC was a declaration to the killer "We are on to you!!!". I think there is a LOT going on behind the scenes. I am hopeful for an arrest in the coming weeks or certainly by the close of this calendar year.

Just not sure if it's THIS POI or THAT one. LE has successfully kept MUCH out of the public eye. That is as it should be. I don't think LE are clueless at all. I believe they're closing in. Tick Tock BG! Give it up now while you have a chance to negotiate or you'll be strapped on the gurney wishing you had!
LE themselves have said they have around two dozen POIs. That does not sound like LE are clueless or it is a cold case. That is a lot of POI's. I hope you are right and they are closing in on one in particular.

I did not know DNA evidence was used to exclude this case from being connected to the murders of Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook in Evansdale, Iowa. I have to admit I would have thought that this case and the Evansdale, Iowa case looked similar enough to possibly be connected.
I am pretty sure that was not the case because the bodies were not found for about 8 months in the Iowa case. They were not even able to determine COD IMO. Perhaps the poster who mentioned that could post a link but I don't remember who it was.

ETA I see Otto has posted again and updated regarding the DNA issue.

Last edited:
That's the whole thing, though! It's as if we were trying to solve a mystery and someone said we had to solve the mystery before the mystery could be solved. It's circular logic, probably unintentional, for LE to suggest that the name of the offender is the last piece of the puzzle. It is, in fact, the puzzle.
That is me suggesting the piece is whodunnit, not LE, sorry. LE are saying they need that one piece of the puzzle, that.one tip. Yet I have heard that said in other crimes too.

There was a similarity between victims with Jesse Matthews, and we see a similarity between Evansdale and Delphi victims, what does that tell us about the next victims?
We don't know, if BG is needing female teenagers to fulfill his evil desire, he must have in some form, IMO. So, unfortunately we can't speculate indeed.

Oh, access denied in EU. Could someone post a summary?
Article says Sedley Alley was possibly wrongly put to death for a murder that occurred in 1985 (victim Suzanne Collins) when TB was known to be in that vicinity (Tennessee), per The Innocence Project. TIP is backing April Sedley (dtr) who wants crime scene DNA tested to see if it could have been TB.
(That's it in a very small nut shell. Try looking up those names.)

P.S. VERY disturbing if this guy was wrongly put to death. MANY articles out there on this. SO sad to think of ANYONE wrongly convicted. Will be following. Mid-Nov judge will decide to test DNA or not. Disturbing.

Last edited:
By 'German Baptist", do you mean 'Mennonite'?

If so, the answers to most of your questions could be the exacting answer of "maybe, but maybe not". Mennonites have a practice of modest, simple living like the Amish do. But.... each Mennonite congregation defines those concepts for themselves.

This means that Mennonites can range from "almost Amish" to "almost modern" depending on the individual congregation. I have not known one to forbid phones, but more conservative ones could well require limited phone usage and forbid internet access in homes.

Likewise, I have gotten the impression that members in conservative congregations may not have individual access to cars. Rather, cars belong to an extended family and are used when needed for specific purposes (usually runs into town for farm supplies, tools, medical appointments and utilitarian men's clothing). In more liberal congregations, however, Mennonites routinely own cars as individuals and don't need a specific "supply run" purpose to drive.

Depending on the congregation, clothing can vary from "almost Amish" to 1970s farm "modern" (sans Daisy Dukes of course). Electricity is the same way- some may not use it, others may have restrictions on it, and others no restrictions.

Most Mennonites work farm or trade jobs and women are full time mothers. One Mennonite told me that his congregation forbids business owners from having more than five employees and from managing labor indirectly (keeps business small and interaction with employees personal). Yet, other Mennonite owned businesses don't have that restriction.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member