Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #114

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll just leave this here for something to mull over.......

So is this guy saying someone drove a van down a river bed, used a chainsaw to cut some branches,take the girls across the creeks, murdered two girls, cross back over the creek and then drove back out in the van?

This is a bit of a stretch in MOO

No, I am not familiar with what was said.

Thanks for the compliment. In years past, I had a good degree of contact with Mennonites.

Okay. Sorry Torch Carrier i don't even remember what i was trying to say there. I was off anyway.

Article says Sedley Alley was possibly wrongly put to death for a murder that occurred in 1985 (victim Suzanne Collins) when TB was known to be in that vicinity (Tennessee), per The Innocence Project. TIP is backing April Sedley (dtr) who wants crime scene DNA tested to see if it could have been TB.
(That's it in a very small nut shell. Try looking up those names.)

P.S. VERY disturbing if this guy was wrongly put to death. MANY articles out there on this. SO sad to think of ANYONE wrongly convicted. Will be following. Mid-Nov judge will decide to test DNA or not. Disturbing.

What I dont get...is why would certain YouTubers hold on to the claim that TB is BG, insisting that ISP can't investigate TB because he was arrested in another state for a different crime...

Yet...

This article shows LE is sharing info in TB with other police departments??

Isnt it pretty clear at this point that TB is not BG??

Absolutely nothing. I've just been here so long they've given me a star - like emeritus without the status. Kidding. I'm a theoretical mathematician, industrial designer, educator, instructional designer, engineering and architecture instructor, software monkey, and Smart Tech researcher. ... master at none.

Well no wonder you were able to do the architectural drawings back on the Nathan O'Brien case. Super work. Many of us also followed your maps on the triple homicide case recently in Canada.

Absolutely nothing. I've just been here so long they've given me a star - like emeritus without the status. Kidding. I'm a theoretical mathematician, industrial designer, educator, instructional designer, engineering and architecture instructor, software monkey, and Smart Tech researcher. ... master at none.
Hi Otto, with much respect, :) I am wondering if you are Websleuth verified or changed it on your own to say verified expert like I changed mine to "Test".

**stereo- typing post alert.**

'typically' (of course this isn't always) women buy mens clothes for them or at least with them ;)(I know my man can not be left to make clothes choices by himself EVER:D)

so......that blue jacket.

who has a blue jacket in their closet?o_O I wouldn't think that many. its so specific.

odds are favourable imo that someone purchased that jacket for BG at some point in time.

I reckon LE should come out appealing from this angle.

A couple of days before Lyric and Elizabeth were abducted from a remote part of the trail near Elizabeth's house, Lyric and her older cousin went to a park near Lyric's house. Lyric was late returning home. With parents and police on the phone, Lyric arrived at home. A couple of days later she was actually gone at a different park.

Snipped by me.

Wow, I had never heard this before and it totally changes my view of what happened in that case.

I have never been in the school of thought that Abby and Libby were lured by an online predator but it does make a person consider all the details known to LE that we do not know.

'typically' (of course this isn't always) women buy mens clothes for them or at least with them ;)(I know my man can not be left to make clothes choices by himself EVER:D)

who has a blue jacket in their closet?o_O I wouldn't think that many. its so specific.

odds are favourable imo that someone purchased that jacket for BG at some point in time.

I'm not so sure that it's his jacket. It looks too big.

I think my husband owns at least three :) And that's only because I sneak some out in the donation bag :p No, he's not BG. He's worked for an oil company his entire adult life and you have no idea how many blue jackets they hand out at the close of a project. They hand out other mementos too. We call them "trinkets and trash" :D

My thoughts branch off in several directions, wondering about my dwindlingly few POI.

Does anyone know much about German Baptists in the Delphi area...? Do they shun electricity like the Amish? Is it true they wear only clothing sans zippers? What kinds of work do they do to make a living? Do they drive cars? Do they use phones? The internet? Do they read the Bible or some other religious tome?

Back on the 28th of February 2017, WLFI published a statement from LE that they were making a concerted effort to bring fliers about the murder to the German Baptist populations near Delphi and the reason given was that these groups may be out of touch with the latest news. The article no longer exists on the WLFI website but in thread #16 it was discussed and quoted here. But I always found it interesting that very early on in the investigation, LE had these groups, and any relevant info they might have as to BG's identity, in mind. (Whether for the reason they gave publically or another one not stated.)

I think my husband owns at least three :) And that's only because I sneak some out in the donation bag :p No, he's not BG. He's worked for an oil company his entire adult life and you have no idea how many blue jackets they hand out at the close of a project. They hand out other mementos too. We call them "trinkets and trash" :D
that's an interesting prospect susi
a work jacket ??
ha! i'd be sneakin a few out to the donation bag too:D

So is this guy saying someone drove a van down a river bed, used a chainsaw to cut some branches,take the girls across the creeks, murdered two girls, cross back over the creek and then drove back out in the van?

This is a bit of a stretch in MOO
After all that bickering here yesterday I was looking to get back on track with some debating, even if it was a stretch.

By 'German Baptist", do you mean 'Mennonite'?

If so, the answers to most of your questions could be the exacting answer of "maybe, but maybe not". Mennonites have a practice of modest, simple living like the Amish do. But.... each Mennonite congregation defines those concepts for themselves.

This means that Mennonites can range from "almost Amish" to "almost modern" depending on the individual congregation. I have not known one to forbid phones, but more conservative ones could well require limited phone usage and forbid internet access in homes.

Likewise, I have gotten the impression that members in conservative congregations may not have individual access to cars. Rather, cars belong to an extended family and are used when needed for specific purposes (usually runs into town for farm supplies, tools, medical appointments and utilitarian men's clothing). In more liberal congregations, however, Mennonites routinely own cars as individuals and don't need a specific "supply run" purpose to drive.

Depending on the congregation, clothing can vary from "almost Amish" to 1970s farm "modern" (sans Daisy Dukes of course). Electricity is the same way- some may not use it, others may have restrictions on it, and others no restrictions.

Most Mennonites work farm or trade jobs and women are full time mothers. One Mennonite told me that his congregation forbids business owners from having more than five employees and from managing labor indirectly (keeps business small and interaction with employees personal). Yet, other Mennonite owned businesses don't have that restriction.

OMG, if they are related to Mennonites...

I made older relatives open to LE in Gedmatch, but always thought, what the use, we are immigrants. Well, one of my second uncles is either Volga German, or Dutch Mennonite on his maternal side. Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong