CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Holes didn't identify DeAngelo as the Golden State Killer though?

I know what your saying but he got the DNA sample of the offender and so one has to take credit and he put the ball in motion. Thanks for the post.

I know what your saying but he got the DNA sample of the offender and so one has to take credit and he put the ball in motion. Thanks for the post.

He sat outside D'Angelo's house after he'd already been identified as a person of interest, crediting Holes is like crediting JFK with the science behind the moon landings. He played a part but he should absolutely never be called the man who identified D'Angelo. C'mon.

He sat outside D'Angelo's house after he'd already been identified as a person of interest, crediting Holes is like crediting JFK with the science behind the moon landings. He played a part but he should absolutely never be called the man who identified D'Angelo. C'mon.

Thanks for the post and I will let you have the last word:) as I do not think too much debate on this subject progresses the case forward. I understand what you are saying but if it were not for his DNA profile Mr DeAngelo would not have become a suspect after Barbara Rae-Venter made the discovery that EAR/ONS was an Italian. I agree though others must have looked through the Italian family tree suspects and identified him from the list of possible suspects but there needed to be the DNA sample to generate the suspect list. It such not really be a competition to be the one to have identified Mr DeAngelo when to some extent it was a joint effort.

Here is an interesting blog around this case:

Turning a Terrible Truth into Compelling Fiction

Here is part of the above blog:

Might not our group of victims be grappling with just such a source of nameless dread and horror in the person of Joseph Deangelo, like the embodiment of some preternatural human inclination toward predation, terrorization, and unspeakable cruelty, while at the same time puzzling over what it meant that he chose them as his victims.

Thanks for the post and I will let you have the last word:) as I do not think too much debate on this subject progresses the case forward. I understand what you are saying but if it were not for his DNA profile Mr DeAngelo would not have become a suspect after Barbara Rae-Venter made the discovery that EAR/ONS was an Italian. I agree though others must have looked through the Italian family tree suspects and identified him from the list of possible suspects but there needed to be the DNA sample to generate the suspect list. It such not really be a competition to be the one to have identified Mr DeAngelo when to some extent it was a joint effort.

I have no interest in getting the last word. You are incredibly polite and steadfast, i've read your posts elsewhere on the site and while i disagree with just about every one of them i think you're probably the member i could talk to the most here since you're so friendly and flexible. Just want to get that out of the way.

We're getting into chicken and the egg territory here. If someone hadn't identified DeAngelo as a suspect Holes would have never known about him, whatever Holes did after DeAngelo was already identified is largely irrelevent because it doesn't exist without his identification. My objection has been to the idea that he "identified" him, because he didn't and it takes away from the hard workers behind the scene to prop up the rock star detective narrative.

Here is a report about Paul Holes knew television series:

Who Is Paul Holes, The True Crime Fan Favorite Who Helped Capture The Golden State Killer Suspect?

Here is part of the report:

Crime fans will also get an in-depth look at just how Holes approaches a murder scene through his new show, “The DNA of a Murder,” premiering Oct. 12 on Oxygen.

“This is a concept that I kind of developed with the production company and it’s the way that I work with cases,” he told Oxygen.com at CrimeCon this summer. “You know, with ‘The DNA of Murder,’ I am actually going into law enforcement agencies that have unsolved cases and bringing my expertise and experience to try to see if we can’t help them get the cases solved.”

The projects have given new life to the investigator, who said he found himself searching for his next purpose after D’Angelo was arrested shortly after Holes retired.

Paul Holes new program will apparently attempt to identify other suspects in the same way Joseph DeAngelo was identified as the Golden State Killer:

Golden State Killer Investigator Paul Holes Explores New Cases on 'The DNA of Murder': Watch the Trailer

Here is part of the Yahoo report:

The DNA of Murder With Paul Holes. " data-reactid="23">The famous cold case investigator spent over two decades looking for one of the most elusive serial killers in U.S. history, the Golden State Killer -- and helped put the man, Joseph James DeAngelo, behind bars last year. Now, Holes is using his years of experience with cutting-edge DNA technology to solve brutal murders across the country on Oxygen's The DNA of Murder With Paul Holes.

The show will follow Holes as he dives into unsolved homicide cases, analyzing the physical and "emotional" DNA left behind. He'll work with local investigators and experts to explore new theories, potential suspects and evidence, in the hopes of solving these crimes.

"We're not here to tell a story, we're here to solve this case," Holes says in the show's trailer.

"There's that bit of information that tells me I'm close," he continues. "That I have to go all in to be able to solve the case."

Here is a question and answer session about the recent Podcast series about the case:

Q&A: New podcast amplifies voice of Golden State Killer’s victims - Backstage Socal

Here is one question and answer:

Anything else you would like readers to know?

It could be four years or more before Joseph DeAngelo goes to trial, if he ever does, and that leaves most of the victims of the East Area Rapist/Ransacker and families of those killed by the Original Night Stalker in limbo. I expect there may be occasional updates, even as I move on to other projects. But additional episodes are also likely as new facets of this story can be told. We are working right now on an Episode Eight, to explore why the criminal case is not moving, and to hear for the first time from some of the most silent of all the victims, the men. The things they have to say are quite amazing, and deeply disturbing. It forces us to complicate our understanding of these rapes, with evidence that both women –and men– were being stalked.

The man held as the Golden State Killer Joseph DeAngelo served in the Vietnam War. Here are a few facts about this:

2019 USS Canberra Reunion Info If Anyone Interested | The East Area Rapist (EAR) Original Night Stalker (ONS) Golden State Killer

Joseph James DeAngelo: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

If anyone is interested I believe the poster of this is Paul Holes and he is quite right Mr DeAngelo will not be there because of his actions and that has to be a good thing I suppose. Funny how people turn out to be so bad.

So true:

2019 USS Canberra Reunion Info If Anyone Interested 2 hours ago via mobile
icon-options.png

Post by Dr. Wonky on 2 hours ago
defaultavatar.png

2 hours ago spodey said:
www.usscanberra.com/reunioninfo.htm

I don't think Joe will be at the reunion.

Last edited:
Here is a question and answer session about the recent Podcast series about the case:

Q&A: New podcast amplifies voice of Golden State Killer’s victims - Backstage Socal

Here is one question and answer:

Anything else you would like readers to know?

It could be four years or more before Joseph DeAngelo goes to trial, if he ever does, and that leaves most of the victims of the East Area Rapist/Ransacker and families of those killed by the Original Night Stalker in limbo. I expect there may be occasional updates, even as I move on to other projects. But additional episodes are also likely as new facets of this story can be told. We are working right now on an Episode Eight, to explore why the criminal case is not moving, and to hear for the first time from some of the most silent of all the victims, the men. The things they have to say are quite amazing, and deeply disturbing. It forces us to complicate our understanding of these rapes, with evidence that both women –and men– were being stalked.

It appears there are going to be more Podcasts in the series that was made by the lady answering questions in the about post. They will feature the male victims and their viewpoint which to me is a good thing as they are often the forgotten victims of EAR/ONS particularly those in the East Area Rapist crimes. These men were victims of very serious assaults which deeply affected them and affected or destroyed their lives. EAR/ONS was a very dangerous man a threat to both men and woman although of course he victimised more women but in a way he did not care a victim was a victim whether it was Katie or Brian Maggiore. EAR/ONS it appears was not easy to get the better of and would have easily got the better of someone like myself. Of course he was a coward but there is no shame in being overpowered by him with his weaponry and psychopathic mind and military skills. These men deserve to be heard and receive compassion. I have seen the odd post elsewhere of course by macho types who think they would have beaten EAR/ONS in a fair fight and feel the male victims would have done the same. To me this macho talk is easy and before people cast slurs on the male victims in the EAR/ONS they should think before they speak:

Paige St. John on Twitter

Man In the Window - New episode Tuesday : EARONS

As I say to me all the victims deserve our sympathy and in my mind they all deserve great credit for their fight to survive but they were up against in his time an almost unstoppable maniac so to say the male victims should have put have more of a fight is loose macho talk from people who never experienced being face to face with EAR/ONS and is to me casting a slur ion them.

Last edited:
It appears there are going to be more Podcasts in the series that was made by the lady answering questions in the about post. They will feature the male victims and their viewpoint which to me is a good thing as they are often the forgotten victims of EAR/ONS particularly those in the East Area Rapist crimes. These men were victims of very serious assaults which deeply affected them and affected or destroyed their lives. EAR/ONS was a very dangerous man a threat to both men and woman although of course he victimised more women but in a way he did not care a victim was a victim whether it was Katie or Brian Maggiore. EAR/ONS it appears was not easy to get the better of and would have easily got the better of someone like myself. Of course he was a coward but there is no shame in being overpowered by him with his weaponry and psychopathic mind and military skills. These men deserve to be heard and receive compassion. I have seen the odd post elsewhere of course by macho types who think they would have beaten EAR/ONS in a fair fight and feel the male victims would have done the same. To me this macho talk is easy and before people cast slurs on the male victims in the EAR/ONS they should think before they speak:

Paige St. John on Twitter

Man In the Window - New episode Tuesday : EARONS

As I say to me all the victims deserve our sympathy and in my mind they all deserve great credit for their fight to survive but they were up against in his time an almost unstoppable maniac so to say the male victims should have put have more of a fight is loose macho talk from people who never experienced being face to face with EAR/ONS and is to me casting a slur ion them.

These male victims deserve our sympathy and not macho nonsense about fair fights by people who never faced EAR/ONS and never served their country in the military like Brian Maggiore did. EAR/ONS took people by surprise stacked the odds in his favour and caught people off guard and in this respect he was a coward and a coward that attacked a child on one occasion but he also did not fear his own death and this is a scary prospect to face. Like I say like all of the victims these male ones deserve our sympathy and compassion and no doubt should have received more at the times of the attack. Just to finish off my point I do not think there is anything as a fair fight and anyway who decides what a fair fight is. In my experience the people who actually want a 'fair fight' are cowardly bullies who pick on people they know they will beat or who are sensitive people and this is why I am in favour of LE to protect myself and others from the likes of EAR/ONS or the local maniac who wants what they term a fair fight.

12-26-75 has released a new podcast, episode #30. In this episode, they interview a man in Exeter, CA who had his home burglarized during the time when Joe Deangelo was on the Exeter Police Department. Deangelo was one of the cops that came to the home in response to the reported burglary.

This is one of the most interesting interviews about Joe Deangelo that I have heard in the many years that I have followed the East Area Rapist, Original Night Stalker and Visalia Ransaker cases.

Ep. 30 South Belmont Road | 12-26-75

Here is a video of Paul Holes' presentation at the International Symposium on Human Identification in Palm Springs in September of 2019. Mr. Holes shares some details that I have never heard before about the Golden State Killer attacks.

Here is a video of Paul Holes' presentation at the International Symposium on Human Identification in Palm Springs in September of 2019. Mr. Holes shares some details that I have never heard before about the Golden State Killer attacks.

North Side Rapist anyone?

Paul Holes new program will apparently attempt to identify other suspects in the same way Joseph DeAngelo was identified as the Golden State Killer:

Golden State Killer Investigator Paul Holes Explores New Cases on 'The DNA of Murder': Watch the Trailer

Here is part of the Yahoo report:

The DNA of Murder With Paul Holes. " data-reactid="23">The famous cold case investigator spent over two decades looking for one of the most elusive serial killers in U.S. history, the Golden State Killer -- and helped put the man, Joseph James DeAngelo, behind bars last year. Now, Holes is using his years of experience with cutting-edge DNA technology to solve brutal murders across the country on Oxygen's The DNA of Murder With Paul Holes.

The show will follow Holes as he dives into unsolved homicide cases, analyzing the physical and "emotional" DNA left behind. He'll work with local investigators and experts to explore new theories, potential suspects and evidence, in the hopes of solving these crimes.

"We're not here to tell a story, we're here to solve this case," Holes says in the show's trailer.

"There's that bit of information that tells me I'm close," he continues. "That I have to go all in to be able to solve the case."

Paul Holes used investigative genetic genealogy to identify Joseph DeAngelo as the offender in the Golden State Killer and here is a video clip of his new television series where he will again attempt to use DNA to identify offenders in serious crimes:

The Dna Of Murder With Paul Holes

Here is a report about the new TV Show:

https://fresh-news-now.com/2019/10/...-holes-has-a-new-tv-show-he-wants-you-to-see/

Paul Holes, the former East Bay sleuth who gained worldwide fame for helping to track down the suspected “Golden State Killer,” has joined TV’s true-crime craze.

Premiering on Saturday Oct. 12 with a 90-minute episode is “The DNA of Murder with Paul Holes” (7 p.m., Oxygen). It’s an unscripted series that has its magnetic star crisscrossing the country and working with local investigators and experts as he pokes his nose into unsolved homicides.

<modsnip: snipped to comply with 10% copyright rule>

…read more

Source:: The Mercury News – Entertainment

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a report about the new TV Show:

https://fresh-news-now.com/2019/10/...-holes-has-a-new-tv-show-he-wants-you-to-see/

Paul Holes, the former East Bay sleuth who gained worldwide fame for helping to track down the suspected “Golden State Killer,” has joined TV’s true-crime craze.

Premiering on Saturday Oct. 12 with a 90-minute episode is “The DNA of Murder with Paul Holes” (7 p.m., Oxygen). It’s an unscripted series that has its magnetic star crisscrossing the country and working with local investigators and experts as he pokes his nose into unsolved homicides.

“In many ways, I’m doing the same things that I did when I was active,” Holes says. “… We’re looking into cases involving lovers triangles and serial murders and everything in-between.”

Holes spent more than two decades as the Cold Case Investigator/Chief of Forensics for the Contra Costa District Attorney’s Office before retiring in March of 2018. But he continued to stay close the Golden Gate Killer case — one that had haunted him for two-plus decades — until Joseph James DeAngelo was apprehended. DeAngelo is suspected of killing at least 13 people and committing more than 50 rapes throughout California.

Paul Holes (Oxygen)

His role in that investigation made Holes an instant celebrity — a “true-crime icon,” as he’s described in Oxygen’s publicity material. Soon after DeAngelo’s arrest, he became the subject of swooning social media attention as the hashtag #HotForHoles became a thing.

Weeks later, at a CrimeCon event in Nashville, he was swarmed by (mostly female) fans seek

ing autographs and photos of the “hottie detective.”

“I was shocked by all the attention. It just blew up,” Holes recalled. “In the two weeks after the arrest, I was getting 100 phone calls a day from media all over the world.”

Holes, who is married and now lives in Colorado Springs, had considered spending his post-retirement days working as a media consultant. But TV came calling and last September he signed an overall …read more

Source:: The Mercury News – Entertainment

Here is another report about the TV Show:

http://www.nbnews24.com/2019/10/11/meet-paul-holes-your-next-true-crime-boyfriend/

Part of the report:

The response was match for a “rock star,” his agent Jim Clemente mentioned, noting his consumer could be very straightforward to have a look at based on the roughly three,000 feminine followers who confirmed as much as the conference. (Pay attention, we’re not saying the comparisons to Regulation & Order: SVU’s Elliot Stabler are off-base!)Nonetheless, some of Holes’ spouse’s associates had been messaging her asking what was happening after seeing all the pictures on social media. “So I get the telephone name, ‘What is going on on down there?'” he advised My Favourite Homicide.However Holes clarified his spouse loves all the eye he is been receiving, saying, “She’s been an excellent sport about it. she’s the one who’s really watching and letting me know…she’s been nice about it.”

Here is another report about the TV Show:

Meet Paul Holes, Your Next True Crime Boyfriend - NB News

Part of the report:

The response was match for a “rock star,” his agent Jim Clemente mentioned, noting his consumer could be very straightforward to have a look at based on the roughly three,000 feminine followers who confirmed as much as the conference. (Pay attention, we’re not saying the comparisons to Regulation & Order: SVU’s Elliot Stabler are off-base!)Nonetheless, some of Holes’ spouse’s associates had been messaging her asking what was happening after seeing all the pictures on social media. “So I get the telephone name, ‘What is going on on down there?'” he advised My Favourite Homicide.However Holes clarified his spouse loves all the eye he is been receiving, saying, “She’s been an excellent sport about it. she’s the one who’s really watching and letting me know…she’s been nice about it.”

Here is another part of the above report about how Paul Holes made himself into an investigator rather that a Lab Scientist in order to be able to work the case and identify Joseph DeAngelo as the possible offender in the case:

The case turned a little bit of an obsession for Holes, who finally left the lab to develop into an active-duty cop. “I in a short time bought extra within the investigative aspect to the purpose the place the opposite guys within the lab had been saying, ‘That is not your job,'” Holes advised The Sacramento Bee.His pursuit of justice within the headline-making case linked him with the late true crime author Michelle McNamara, who handed away in 2016 earlier than she might full her best-selling guide I will Be Gone within the Darkish, carried all over to his retirement in March 2018…only one month earlier than Joseph DeAngelo was taken into custody and introduced as the primary suspect. Holes’ followers had been a bit upset he wasn’t allowed to talk on the convention, given his large position within the investigation, with crime journalist Billy Jensen saying on My Favourite Homicide, “He’s the superhero of this story.”

Meet Paul Holes, Your Next True Crime Boyfriend - NB News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member