SPAIN - Daniel, 46, & Liam Poole, 22, British tourists, Estepona, Malaga, 1 Apr 2019

I have a sense of shame that this is happening to people who aren't from Spain.

I know exactly what you mean, Gitana... I always feel strangely guilty when tourists come to the UK and don’t get to go home. A lot of the cases I follow are people missing abroad - holidays (vacations) should be an adventure not a tragedy.

Lovely to see so many of us, all over the world, rooting for Lauryn.

Last edited:
I feel very bad for his Mother especially, it's got to be hell on earth for her. Still no news on the Costas, no photos in public places or anything but people will be reluctant to get involved, it's a dangerous place if you cross the wrong people and there are some not so nice things behind the facade of sunshine and sangria.

Absolutely but the problem is, my dad obviously told different family members different things, from cars to houses, to meeting with friends to searching for properties.
The problem with asking for that information like I’ve given before is that I can’t say for sure what the intentions are because my dad and brother had given different information to different people.

Like I said previously I guess a very good reason for their disappearance is linked to their inconsistency.
I’ve given statements and told police what I know and they don’t disagree.
But money and different variations for its use and purpose does ring alarm bells, and the different reasons may be that someone got the right one, or none of us at all.

I don’t think it’s impossible that the intentions of their trip and money was hidden by my dad and brother, maybe because they didn’t want people to know, and I guess that’s the question we should be asking.
We should all speculate of course.
But my point was; I haven’t hidden this, I’ve been very honest, but delia would have liked this information from the beginning which i think there was probably not given for all good reason.
Understanding that you are being very honest but like you say they had given different information to different people, which looks quite concerning, or suspicious even, then if they were keeping reason for travel as you described as unsure they could maybe have travelled on further but again as you said its confusing and understandably heartbreaking for you. I hope this is resolved for you and family.

Understanding that you are being very honest but like you say they had given different information to different people, which looks quite concerning, or suspicious even, then if they were keeping reason for travel as you described as unsure they could maybe have travelled on further but again as you said its confusing and understandably heartbreaking for you. I hope this is resolved for you and family.

Perhaps these were just ideas that were voiced out loud to different individuals.

There may of been no set plans, but many ideas of what they "could" do, which would then not be suspicious.

Ask people travelling to various destinations of which I am simply one of many, which voice many ideas, with nothing set in stone.

Without their passports and belongings Leney?
The fact these were left could possibly mean a car incident. As mentioned a lot of people can speculate but the fact that a car was hired ( obviously to drive) and not one but the two of them missing ?? Must be horrendous but looking back on this forum it has been previously said as a possible scenario.
Hopefully not.

it's a totally different place and what I meant by similar is that another person sadly missing who has also not returned their hire car, this is very recent in a spanish paper and It's just so sad to hear of people missing .
So no link then. <modsnip: No need to be rude.>

Last edited by a moderator:
Daniel Poole: Father and son ‘murdered in Spanish drug deal’
The family of a British father and son who disappeared during a golfing holiday in Spain fear that the pair had been shot dead and their bodies dumped in the Mediterranean.

Daniel Poole, 46, and his son, Liam, 22, from Burgess Hill, West Sussex, travelled to Malaga late in March and were last seen alive on April 2.

The family of a British father and son who disappeared during a golfing holiday in Spain fear that the pair had been shot dead and their bodies dumped in the Mediterranean.

Daniel Poole, 46, and his son, Liam, 22, from Burgess Hill, West Sussex, travelled to Malaga late in March and were last seen alive on April 2.

Can anyone find the full version of this article?

I noticed that the new article (linked in post above mine) states that the car was recovered...

I don’t think we knew this before. It however doesn’t state where car was found and what investigations of the car took place...

Hope you get some concrete news soon @Laurynpoole x
So we can put the car crash theory to bed now.

I think the previous poster was referring to Sarah Lewis, who recently went missing in a Fiat 500 hire car in Ibiza. Sadly, that seems to be a suicide: Tragic End to Search as Body of Missing Canadian Sarah Lewis is Found in San José Countryside | The Ibizan

More info here about Daniel and Liam Poole - I've not been following closely, but I hadn't read about the ransom (of 100k, which was raised in a day, and traced to a Moroccan number) before, nor Daniel's drug-dealing convictions, nor that they'd been on so many similar trips:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back