MISTRIAL AZ - Isabel Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012, found deceased in 2017* *Arrest* #27

One doesn't need firearm to subdue a young girl. Io

As for his burglaries---you say he got out of there fast so no one was hurt. Maybe he was a coward, and didn't want to face angry adults. But wasn't worried about others being hurt.

He knew where the 2 young girls were buried. I think he put them there himself. JMO

Morning Katy!

Remember when the pedophile sex offender John Couey was able to sneak into the grandparent's home of Jessica Lunsford? He was an absconded sex offender at the time.

JC had no gun or weapon when kidnapping Jessica from the safety of her home.

Repeat pedophiles know every twisted trick in the book when it comes to kidnapping, raping, and murdering defenseless children. They often control by fear, and intimidation.

That is why more often than not when they go inside the targeted victim's home, no one inside hears or sees anything.

It's sad, but true...serial pedophile predators are very skilled at what they do.

Since iirc they did find small blood droplets in her bedroom he most likely brought a knife with him in order to intimidate her into being silent while he forced her to go with him. It rips my heart out to know how frightened she must have been. :(

So you are absolutely correct when saying pedophiles don't need to use a firearm or even a weapon when kidnapping any child.

Most victims of pedophile murderers weren't shot to death. Many were strangled, stabbed or killed with a bludgeoning weapon of some kind.

Offenders like CC dont follow any laws or rules in the first place. If so, they wouldn't become horrific predators in the first place.

No matter what he was suppose to abide by its obvious he thinks no rules apply to him. So carrying a knife, or any type weapon.. even a gun he would do what he thought was necessary to kidnap any child he targeted.

I wonder if the ME was able to discern if Isa had been bludgeoned or stabbed since they did find pieces of her little skull?

They are able to ID man made tool markings from animal activity markings.

Jmho

Sorry, I’m specifically speaking about domestic violence related incidents that occurred since then. It's a fact that CC hasn’t been charged with a domestic related offence or assaulting anyone over the past ten years and after he was convicted for that offence and paid the cost. He isn’t beating his girlfriends, children, or cellmates for that matter. He doesn't appear to be a bully who physically and verbally assaults others if he doesn't get his way.

I'm so confused.

Are you saying you believe this violent predator against young children is innocent of both murders?

Being charged with double homicide is most definitely a record of extreme violence. So much so the DA is asking for the death penalty.

Just because he hasn't been caught doing other crimes never means he wasn't doing them.

TIA

Jmho

It's been proven CC is a very violent man. Preying on the most innocent to sexually assault them shows he has a violent history.

But even if he did not, that is no indicator of who will become a sadistic murderer.

Many cases discussed right here include murderer who didnt have any violent history or no criminal history at all...not even a traffic ticket before they did the most brutal overkills.

David Westfield the pedophile murderer of little 7 year old Danielle Van Dam had no criminal history yet it did not stop him or immune him from being a kidnapper, rapist, and murderer of a precious little girl. He was given the DP too.

CCs violent criminal history is vast and began in his teens.

Jmho

It’s a fact that CC and MS did not cause any of their victims bodily harm when they illegally entered their homes and stole from them.

Was this not a fact because neither victims were home at the time?

I thought the criminal duo used the ploy the victims needed to go to pick up some kind of package from the supposedly shipper, and were then robbed of their possessions?

Jmho

The more I think of beautiful Isas skull being found in pieces the more heartbroken I am for little isa, and the entire grieving Celis family. :(

But I find it also sadly revealing. Having kept up with cases where the victim's remains were located many years later most all had their skulls intact unless at the time of their murders they were bludgeoned in the head.

Sometimes the lower jaw will not be located due to wild life activity. Plus when the lower mandable no longer has connective tissue or muscle to hold it on it can drop away from the skull itself, and taken by wild animals.

But generally when the skull is found belonging to any murder victim is found in several pieces it's due to the victims sustaining severe skull fractures before death.

Once the hair, and scalp deteriorates falling away from the skull the fractures will separate into several pieces.

Remember how the skulls of the 4 McStay victims were found in pieces due to being bludgeoned to death by Charles Merritt?

I truly think little Isa could have met the same fate at the hands of Clements.

Jmho though

Sorry, I’m specifically speaking about domestic violence related incidents that occurred since then. It's a fact that CC hasn’t been charged with a domestic related offence or assaulting anyone over the past ten years and after he was convicted for that offence and paid the cost. He isn’t beating his girlfriends, children, or cellmates for that matter. He doesn't appear to be a bully who physically and verbally assaults others if he doesn't get his way.

Clements has a lengthy criminal record including convictions for a child sex crime, identity theft, assault, and failing to register as a sex offender.

Clements has been held in Maricopa County jail for months where he's currently facing several additional criminal charges for burglary and fraud.

In the burglaries allegedly committed by Clements, prosecutors describe a suspect who worked to research his potential victims and set them up through elaborate schemes.

Clements is accused of targeting an elderly Valley couple, both in their 80s, in one case.

Investigators also found child *advertiser censored* in Clements’ possession. In 2006, records show that he failed to register as a sex offender in Oregon and Florida.

The sources said there is concern that Clements could have other child victims other than Celis and Gonzalez given his criminal history as a sex offender.
Charges filed in murder of Isabel Celis

I don't understand why one would describe him as not being a bully or an aggressive thief, when he has convictions for sexual assaults upon children?

It’s a fact that CC and MS did not cause any of their victims bodily harm when they illegally entered their homes and stole from them.
He went after the elderly, and the ill, when he lured them from their homes, so he could enter and steal their precious heirlooms.

One grandmother whom he targeted, was suffering from cancer, in the middle of chemo, and had recently lost a child to cancer.

So he calls her at home and says he works at Fed Ex and she has a package from A Cancer Support Center. HOW EVIL IS THAT? To lure her out of her home by appealing to her vulnerability?

And you are saying he did not cause her any bodily harm? I disagree.

Who are the two men the next door neighbor heard early Saturday morning?

I never heard the Celis’s or LE ask these two men to contact them so I wonder who are they and why they were there? This reported information remains a mystery yet it such an important part of this investigation.

I am suspicious because LE has never cleared this up. Are they hiding something?
I don't think either of these men led the cops to the girl's bodies, so it doesn't matter much who they are, imo.

Who are the two men the next door neighbor heard early Saturday morning?

I never heard the Celis’s or LE ask these two men to contact them so I wonder who are they and why they were there? This reported information remains a mystery yet it such an important part of this investigation.

I am suspicious because LE has never cleared this up. Are they hiding something?

I think given that the neighbor was the sole person to have reportedly heard men talking (while nobody in Celis family heard this), investigators deemed the information not credible for the date Isabel disappeared.

Also, I don't think LE make it a practice of hiding evidence-- especially when investigating the disappearance and murder of a six year old child.

MOO

He went after the elderly, and the ill, when he lured them from their homes, so he could enter and steal their precious heirlooms.

One grandmother whom he targeted, was suffering from cancer, in the middle of chemo, and had recently lost a child to cancer.

So he calls her at home and says he works at Fed Ex and she has a package from A Cancer Support Center. HOW EVIL IS THAT? To lure her out of her home by appealing to her vulnerability?

And you are saying he did not cause her any bodily harm? I disagree.

Morning Katy, and all!

All of his victims were easy targets because they are our most vulnerable. Our elderly, and our precious children are the most vulnerable in society, and CC knew it.

Anyone who is robbed of their treasured heirlooms, which can never be replaced, will forever be emotionally traumatized.

Anyone, no matter their age or status is traumatized when their possession were stolen from them. It leaves them feeling unsafe in their own home. Understandably, it leaves them with dread it will happen again. It very much leaves many victims in its wake of terror.

Even how CC, and partner in crime, carried out their robberies shows how cold, heartless, and callous an individual he is when he specifically targets the most vulnerable in society.

It shows also how calculating his evil deeds are before he carries them out.

Domestic violence against one of his partners, even if it happened, can't begin to compare to all of his recorded violent history he has done against defenseless helpless children or specifically targeting the very elderly.

This isn't cases about domestic violence anyway, so that is totally irrelevant in this double homicide case. Why it would be thrown in as if it somehow has any relevance still leaves me totally confused.

This isn't a man charged with DV within his own family.

2 beautiful children were kidnapped, held against their will, raped, and murdered by CC who was a total stranger.

Even the evidence we all have learned to date, shows CC has a long extremely violent history. It also shows how cunning he is before he carries out his deviant diabolical crimes against his vulnerable intended targets.

Imo, he carefully plans them out, just like the serial pedophile/murderer, Joseph Duncan did before taking his targets. Oh for what it's worth, which is nothing imo, he did not have any DV charges in his history either. His targets, like CC, were against victims that were strangers to him. That is who both selected to inflict unimaginable violence against.

Imo, one must be violent when they prey on children, brutally raping them, yet like many pedos, before... CC.. raping was not enough violence to inflict on their victims. So they resort to kidnapping, raping, and murdering them.

Once these horrid creatures, rape or murders one child, and isn't caught they go on to target, and rape, murder other children.

CC fits the profile of a very violent serial sexual predator/murderer to a T.

As an aside: ITA with Seattle about the supposedly 2 men talking close to the Celis home.

Like many things that are said to have occurred in unsolved cases, many turned out to be totally irrelevant to the crime itself.

I remember at the time this neighbor speaking out feeling she wasn't credible, and was only looking for her 15 minutes of fame which mostly was on Nancy Grace's show.

It's illogical to believe Isa was kidnapped from the safety of her home at 6am in the morning.

Pedophile monsters go into homes when it's in the middle of the night when they know everyone is asleep, including their targeted little victims. :(

In Maribel's case he most likely had been watching her for sometime, and waited for the opportune time, when he saw her walking alone with no one else around.

As we know all too well, other pedophiles have kidnapped children right off of a busy street in broad daylight with no one hearing or seeing anything, and were later found raped, and murdered.

Jmho

Last edited:
When is the judge going to rule about the evidence found in CCs cell that was given over to a special master?

TIA

2021 trial date for man accused of killing 2 Arizona girls

TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) — A Tucson judge has set a February 2021 trial date for a convicted sex offender accused of killing two Arizona girls.

Attorneys on both sides asked that the trial of Christopher Matthew Clements not begin next year. It's estimated to last nine weeks.

Prosecutors estimate there are 80 witnesses to interview beforehand.

The 37-year-old Clements attended his status conference Monday [10/14].

and I have in my notes:
For Fraud, burglary & theft charges next Evidentiary hearing on 11/1 and 11/8.

2021 trial date for man accused of killing 2 Arizona girls

TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) — A Tucson judge has set a February 2021 trial date for a convicted sex offender accused of killing two Arizona girls.

Attorneys on both sides asked that the trial of Christopher Matthew Clements not begin next year. It's estimated to last nine weeks.

Prosecutors estimate there are 80 witnesses to interview beforehand.

The 37-year-old Clements attended his status conference Monday [10/14].

and I have in my notes:
For Fraud, burglary & theft charges next Evidentiary hearing on 11/1 and 11/8.

They don't come much nastier than CMC.

No worry about foregoing a speedy trial here. He's never living another day in his life on the outside, and he'll do nothing to advance justice for the lives of his victims.

I think given that the neighbor was the sole person to have reportedly heard men talking (while nobody in Celis family heard this), investigators deemed the information not credible for the date Isabel disappeared.

Also, I don't think LE make it a practice of hiding evidence-- especially when investigating the disappearance and murder of a six year old child.

MOO
Well, nobody in the Celis family, including the dogs, heard a complete stranger come into the house and remove Isabel from her bed, either. So I’m not sure that’s a good measure of involvement or not.

Well, nobody in the Celis family, including the dogs, heard a complete stranger come into the house and remove Isabel from her bed, either. So I’m not sure that’s a good measure of involvement or not.

If the stranger entered the Celis house after sunrise, talking with another man, instead of entering alone in the middle of the night when entire household dead asleep, well yeah -- maybe they would have heard him.

Friday, November 1st:
*Evidentiary Hearing (@ 1:30pm PT) – AZ – Isabel Mercedes Celis (6) (April 21, 2012, Tucson, found Mar. 3, 2017, Id’ed Mar. 31, 2017) & Maribel Victoria Gonzales (13) (June 4, 2014, Tucson, found June 6, 2014, id’ed June 20, 2014) – *Christopher Matthew Clements aka Damion James Johnson (36) indicted (9/15/18) & arraigned (9/24/18) with 2 counts of 1st degree murder, 2 counts of kidnapping a minor under 15, 2 counts of 2nd degree burglary, 1 count of theft by controlling stolen property, 1 count of trafficking in stolen property & 14 counts of sexual exploitation of minors. Plead not guilty. $2M cash only bond. DA will seek DP.
Murder trial to begin on 2/23/21.
Court hearings from 9/15/18 to 2/11/19 reference post #995 here:
Found Deceased - AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 *Arrest* #26

4/15/19 Update: Defense tries to get charges of murder & kidnapping dismissed. Next hearing on 6/14.
6/14/19 Update: For Fraud, burglary & theft next hearing on 8/16 & 8/23. 7/28/19: On murder/kidnapping case: Status hearing on 10/14.
8/16/19 Update: For fraud, burglary & theft next hearing on 8/23. 8/23/19: Clements testified in a hearing in burglary & fraud cases in Maricopa County but the hearing results could have a bearing in the Tucson murder cases (Pima County). At issue is whether legal documents were improperly seized from his jail cell, including during a search to secure evidence in the murder cases. For Fraud, burglary & theft charges next Evidentiary hearing on 11/1 and 11/8.
10/14/19 Update: Murder trial will begin on 2/23/21.

Co-Defendant in Maricopa County:
*Melissa Stark () charged (10/28/15), indicted (10/4/17 & 11/10/18) & arraigned (11/13/17 & 2/1/18) with 2nd degree fraud, 2 counts of 2nd degree burglary & 1 count of 3rd degree theft. Plead not guilty.
8/23/19 Update: For Fraud, burglary & theft charges next Evidentiary hearing on 11/1 and 11/8 @ 9am.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back