Found Deceased OR - Sean Michael Moss, 29, & Madison Moss, 2, Roseburg, 9 August 2019

But they both lost custody at one point, right? Is the general consensus of the family that he’s missing on his own accord or that something is wrong?
There is nothing of the sort in the court records - no actions by the state to take custody or have someone other than either parent be a guardian.

Douglas County Sheriff's Office
September 10 at 7:44 AM ·
It has been just over a month since Sean and Madison Moss went missing. We haven't forgotten and are still trying to locate them, but we need your help.

29 year-old Sean Michael Moss and his daughter, Madison Moss were reported missing on Monday, August 12 at 10:18 am. They were last seen by Moss' co-worker on the evening of Friday, August 9th.

Family members were expecting Sean and Madison to attend the Douglas County Fair on August 10th, but they did not arrive.

Sean drives a dark green Chevy Trailblazer with front end damage on the right side of the bumper with Oregon license plate 549DBU.

Sean is described as 5'9'' tall and 160 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. He has scars from his chin to his waistline. He also has a full back tattoo and a tattoo that reads "Lilly" on his left arm.

Madison is described as 3'0'' tall and 25 lbs with curly brown hair with one green and one hazel eye.

If you have any information which may help locate both individuals, please contact the Douglas County Sheriff's Office at 541-440-4458 or contact your local law enforcement.

Interesting comments at link~
Douglas County Sheriff's Office

From the 'Missing SeanMossand MadisonFord' facebook page, "I spoke to the detectives today. They had SAR search the river along Page Rd and along Del Rio Rd again. Sadly they didn’t find anything." I also asked about the area he went missing from. The general area is Saddle Butte Park. I don't know the location of where he was living.

I searched for updates and found nothing :(

I just don't have a feel for the "why" in this case. Undiscovered car accident, foul play, or intentionally disappeared?
My gut feeling is undiscovered car accident. Based on the time of day they were last seen and what seems like reliable description that he was a pretty stable guy with future plans, it doesn’t seem likely he would disappear intentionally. Surely foul play would have left some clue they would have found by now.

That is my feelings as well. I am surprised there's not more media coverage on the case though? I wonder why they waited so long to search the river. Maybe he went a different route to pick up some fast food for dinner, stop by walmart? I'm not sure what time he left the friends? There are a lot of woods and I have not gone to Oregon, but google maps makes it look like lots of steep hills in those woods/along the road?

Dark green vehicle, steep areas, mounds of blackberry canes like you can't believe - no activity since leaving the party. I hope searchers will consider carefully examining likely roads he took this winter for an accident scene, especially by shining lights at night (for glint). When I lived in a similar area of the PNW, cars were found months, years later, but at least gave closure.

October 24, 2014 3:40 a.m.

There are still no leads in the case of a father and daughter who have been missing for over two months.

That’s the word from Sergeant Brad O’Dell of the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office. 29-year old Sean Moss and 2-year old Madison were last seen by a coworker of the father, late Friday evening August 9th. O’Dell said family was expecting the pair to attend the Douglas County Fair the next day, but they did not arrive. A DCSO flyer said neither Madison’s foster parents nor her birth mother have heard from them.

O’Dell said the case remains open. He said additional searches have taken place, but have not been successful.
STILL NO LEADS, FATHER/DAUGHTER MISSING FOR OVER TWO MONTHS

missing Douglas County man and his young daughter were discovered dead on Thursday after divers recovered their vehicle submerged in the Umpqua River, according to the county Sheriff's Office.

29-year-old Sean Moss and his daughter Madison have been missing since August 9. The search for them has continued ever since.

Around 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday, a deputy out looking for Moss found vehicle debris along the Umpqua River banks near the 11500-block of Garden Valley Road — an area known as Crow Rapids, the Douglas County Sheriff's Office said.

Deputies called in a dive team, which soon found a vehicle submerged about 12 feet under water in a narrow canal of the river.

"Despite efforts, attempts to recover the vehicle proved difficult due to the terrain of the riverbed and surrounding landscape and had to be canceled as the sun set," the Sheriff's Office said.

Search efforts began again on Thursday morning. By 10 a.m., crews were able to get the vehicle to shore. They soon confirmed that it was a 2002 Chevy Trailblazer registered to Sean Moss. Deputies found the bodies of both Sean and his daughter Madison inside.

The Douglas County Medical Examiner's Office is now conducting a death investigation, and the Sheriff's Office is still looking into the cause of the crash. Family members of Sean and Madison Moss have been notified of the discovery.

Sean and Madison were reported missing to the Sheriff's Office on August 12. They had been last seen by Moss' co-worker on the evening of August 9. Family members had been expecting Sean and Madison to attend the Douglas County Fair on August 10th, but they did not arrive.

Missing father and daughter found dead in Umpqua River

missing Douglas County man and his young daughter were discovered dead on Thursday after divers recovered their vehicle submerged in the Umpqua River, according to the county Sheriff's Office.

29-year-old Sean Moss and his daughter Madison have been missing since August 9. The search for them has continued ever since.

Around 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday, a deputy out looking for Moss found vehicle debris along the Umpqua River banks near the 11500-block of Garden Valley Road — an area known as Crow Rapids, the Douglas County Sheriff's Office said.

Deputies called in a dive team, which soon found a vehicle submerged about 12 feet under water in a narrow canal of the river.

"Despite efforts, attempts to recover the vehicle proved difficult due to the terrain of the riverbed and surrounding landscape and had to be canceled as the sun set," the Sheriff's Office said.

Search efforts began again on Thursday morning. By 10 a.m., crews were able to get the vehicle to shore. They soon confirmed that it was a 2002 Chevy Trailblazer registered to Sean Moss. Deputies found the bodies of both Sean and his daughter Madison inside.

The Douglas County Medical Examiner's Office is now conducting a death investigation, and the Sheriff's Office is still looking into the cause of the crash. Family members of Sean and Madison Moss have been notified of the discovery.

Sean and Madison were reported missing to the Sheriff's Office on August 12. They had been last seen by Moss' co-worker on the evening of August 9. Family members had been expecting Sean and Madison to attend the Douglas County Fair on August 10th, but they did not arrive.

Missing father and daughter found dead in Umpqua River

Sounds like a horrible car accident. I hope they didn't suffer.
Rest in peace Sean and Madison. :(

The following map shows where Sean and Madison lived (approximately), where they were last seen - a friend of Sean's - (location marker is not meant to be exact but the friend's residence is somewhere along the roads east of the pin - I could pin it exactly but that would be against TOS) and the last location is where the truck was found.

Google Maps

It is important to note a few things. First, it isn't known where the vehicle entered the water. Where the vehicle was found is quite a bit out of the way of getting from the friend's back to home. Second, while the map shows a route along 99 that particular road had construction going on at the time and there was a detour. Third, the Umpqua River flows from East to West.

Hopefully the investigation will reveal where the vehicle entered the river.

My gut feeling is undiscovered car accident. Based on the time of day they were last seen and what seems like reliable description that he was a pretty stable guy with future plans, it doesn’t seem likely he would disappear intentionally. Surely foul play would have left some clue they would have found by now.

You were so right :(

The following map shows where Sean and Madison lived (approximately), where they were last seen - a friend of Sean's - (location marker is not meant to be exact but the friend's residence is somewhere along the roads east of the pin - I could pin it exactly but that would be against TOS) and the last location is where the truck was found.

Google Maps

It is important to note a few things. First, it isn't known where the vehicle entered the water. Where the vehicle was found is quite a bit out of the way of getting from the friend's back to home. Second, while the map shows a route along 99 that particular road had construction going on at the time and there was a detour. Third, the Umpqua River flows from East to West.

Hopefully the investigation will reveal where the vehicle entered the river.

I believe the investigator noticed debris from the crash on the bridge which caused them to search the river. I'm assuming that was where the car entered.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back