UK UK - Sarah Wellgreen, 46, Kent, 9 Oct 2018 #2 *B. Lacomba guilty*

15:52

Jury retires until next week

The jury returns to the courtroom and Judge Kinch thanks them for the promptness of highlighting the “appearance of some documents erroneously included in the bundles that two of you had”.

Jurors have now been sent away until 10am on Monday, October 28 when they will continue to deliberate.

Be sure to join us on Monday morning where we will keep you updated on when the jury is set to return with a verdict.

Live updates as Sarah Wellgreen's ex-partner goes on trial accused of her murder

No wonder the time it takes for justice is staggering.

Lunchbreaks, constant breaks, half-days, 4 or 5 day Weeks, errors, etc.

Some breaks and adjournments make sense, to digest info, to think etc.

But....Staggering.

Eta... That's a serious issue I feel, hence the break until Monday

? Surely they should continue tomorrow? Whilst everything is still fresh in their minds?
Maybe they want them to have time to forget whatever documents were in the bundles.

I really doubt SW was 13 stone, she'd have looked a lot rounder if she was. BL was probably trying to transfer some of his lard over to her.

? Surely they should continue tomorrow? Whilst everything is still fresh in their minds?

Five day lunch break!!

I can see him walking and taking those kids and his mum far away whilst the family make a massive complaint.

The police seem to have done no more than the average man on the street could do.

ML should have been called or her police statement should have been transcribed and read

This worries me - ALOT!

SBM
15:02

2. Have police investigated the ten Vauxhall Zafiras?

Judge Kinch says:

Yes, at least to the extent reflected in the agreed facts which states that 10 Zafiras were the same model and year of first registration and none of those 10 were registered as a taxi.”

Surely with the importance of proving that BL was driving around the night Sarah disappeared they should have actually spoken to the users of all those other Zafiras to be able to prove that it wasn't them?
Don't they want a conviction??

Have police investigated the ten Vauxhall Zafiras?

Judge Kinch says:
Yes, at least to the extent reflected in the agreed facts which states that 10 Zafiras were the same model and year of first registration and none of those 10 were registered as a taxi.”

I thought the evidence said there were 10 Zafiras, and of these 10, only one was a taxi - BLs

Maybe they want them to have time to forget whatever documents were in the bundles.

I really doubt SW was 13 stone, she'd have looked a lot rounder if she was. BL was probably trying to transfer some of his lard over to her.

I wonder if it was related to the case - in which event, that is worrying - or if it was papers for a totally different trial

No wonder the time it takes for justice is staggering.
Lunchbreaks, constant breaks, half-days, 4 or 5 day Weeks, errors, etc.
Some breaks and adjournments make sense, to digest info, to think etc.
But....Staggering.
Eta... That's a serious issue I feel, hence the break until Monday

Seems to be happening a lot recently. Other case I am following, Bill Taylor - no trial since last Friday - right when they are at an important stage in the Defence case.

Five day lunch break!!
I can see him walking and taking those kids and his mum far away whilst the family make a massive complaint.
The police seem to have done no more than the average man on the street could do.
ML should have been called or her police statement should have been transcribed and read

I agree, it's astonishing that it has been removed from the trial.

Wow, I seriously don't like this judge. I mean, from the perspective of the accused at least. What he said about the accused remaining silent during questioning.. and then NOT to follow that up with, 'but it is the right of the accused to have remained silent and should not be taken as any indication of his guilt', or something to that effect... wow.
If convicted, it wouldn't surprise me if BL successfully appeals, based on the judge's instructions. jmo (without knowing how the law works over in UK!)

This worries me - ALOT!

SBM

Surely with the importance of proving that BL was driving around the night Sarah disappeared they should have actually spoken to the users of all those other Zafiras to be able to prove that it wasn't them?
Don't they want a conviction??
Surely they would have wanted to rule out the *other* Zafiras, so they could say, hey, we've ruled the others out. Jeez. Shoddy!

Have police investigated the ten Vauxhall Zafiras?

Judge Kinch says:

I thought the evidence said there were 10 Zafiras, and of these 10, only one was a taxi - BLs
I think they will have looked a lot closer at the 10 Vauxhalls that fit make/model, and their owners imo.

I feel the Judge phrases his response and draws attention to the agreed facts as this is what has been sumitted in evidence.? He cant extrapolate what the enquiries made by LE were ,to come to that conclusion?

I agree it does seem to leave a lot of wiggle room if the prosecution havent submitted more detail of that particular line of LE enquiry, or even worse, if indeed LE didnt do more than look at records and DVLA paperwork!

I would be curious if any were takeaway delivery drivers, tradesmen like plumbers or builders etc, that may have had similar branding/promo on vehicle doors, idve mentioned if this had been checked and wasnt the case.

Imo its highly unlikely to be any other vehicle or driver that night, but i dont have to prove it in a Murder trial in a court of law !!

ETA Sp.

Last edited:

There have been many photos posted since S disappeared. Which one is the most recent one? It wouldn't surprise me at all if she were 13 stone.

Unbelievable! It is only Wednesday there, right?? What happened to Thursday and Friday?? Here we sequester the juries, and time is obviously of the essence, for all parties involved. It's gotta be hell for the accused to sit and wait for the verdict, and all the media (oh yes, there was just ONE interested, come to think of it!) waiting for word, and the court staff. If the jurors were sequestered, they could deliberate away all tucked away with only THAT to focus on, until it was done. WTH??

Unbelievable! It is only Wednesday there, right?? What happened to Thursday and Friday?? Here we sequester the juries, and time is obviously of the essence, for all parties involved. It's gotta be hell for the accused to sit and wait for the verdict, and all the media (oh yes, there was just ONE interested, come to think of it!) waiting for word, and the court staff. If the jurors were sequestered, they could deliberate away all tucked away with only THAT to focus on, until it was done. WTH??

I just had a look to see if the Judge was doing other stuff tomorrow, which might explain the delay. But I can't see anything listed. It's the first time ever, following a case, that I have seen this happen.

Most interesting. So Prosecution and Defence agreed between them not to introduce ML's statement and not to call her as a witness.
I would have thought Prosecution would have called her, even as a hostile witness.
I wonder what the reason is for the Defence not to have called ML.. she could have corroborated some things said by BL, such as when she received the shovel as a gift, the missing shoes since she was at the house on the morning of the 10th when BL couldn't find them, the bedding and how it got into the drawer, BL's words to her, so many things. There must be something the Defence wouldn't want her to be crossed on, and also something the Prosecution wouldn't want her to be crossed on. jmo.

I have just snipped this from the official SW missing page. Her elder sons have been involved with this page so I think the height at least has to be taken as accurate. Surely they would have said something otherwise.

Sarah Wellgreen was last seen in the Bazes Shaw area (located in New Ash Green, Kent) during the evening of Tuesday 9 October 2018 and was reported missing on Thursday 11 October. She has not been in contact with her family since.
She is described as being white, around 5ft 7ins tall, of medium build, with green eyes and straight brown shoulder-length hair.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back