SD SD - Serenity Dennard, 9, Children’s Home Society, Pennington County, 3 Feb 2019 #4

I’ve attempted to follow but can’t go through back all of the threads to answer this question

is there video of her leaving the facility? I guess - do they know factually that she left?
No, the home has surveillance cameras but they were not functional at the time she ran away.

In addition to staff members and children at the home who saw her leave, Serenity was seen outside the facility by an individual dropping someone off. MOO

Quick question, why was Serenity in the Children’s home though?
She was diagnosed with reactive attachment disorder (RAD) and disruptive mood dysregulation disorder (DMDD).

More information here:
'She's Serenity:' Missing girl's parents share daughter's story
[...]

RAD occurs when an infant or young child doesn't establish healthy attachments with their parents or their basic needs aren't being met, according to the Mayo Clinic, while DDMD results in children having "extreme irritability, anger and frequent, intense temper outbursts," according to the National Institute of Mental Health.

Serenity's symptoms include refusing to do school work, ripping things up and breaking toys, threatening self harm and yelling at people, Kasandra said. "She has no fear of introducing herself, asking others to play or talking to others," but later becomes controlling toward people.

Another one of her symptoms is running away, whether it's from her parents, grandmother, or school. She runs away because she doesn't know how to process her emotions, or because she begins to feel too comfortable in a place, Chad and Kasandra said.

Serenity has planned escapes by packing a suitcase and leaving in the middle of the night (her house has an alarm to help prevent that), convincing another child to run with her after one of two day-care supervisors temporarily left the room, and having a lunch lady pack her lunch in a bag so she could run away from school, the couple said.

[...]

OCT 25, 2019
Men and women from the Pennington County Sheriff’s Office, Pennington County Search and Rescue, Rapid City Police Department, Box Elder PD and Rockerville Volunteer Fire Department today searched some rugged terrain today for Serenity Dennard.

wow!

a few days ago a young boy in Minnesota was missing after school. I think age 6. He was found at 2 AM 1 1/2 miles from the bus stop in a field that had been searched before.

He was found with a heat seeking drone.

OCT 25, 2019
Search for Dennard, Genzlinger are both "unique and challenging", says Sheriff - KNBN NewsCenter1
In Pennington County, search and rescue operations have been strained this year in the wake of two expansive searches, one being deemed the most extensive in state history.

Serenity Dennard, 9, walked away from the Black Hills Children’s Home February 3rd. Larry Genzlinger, 66, was last seen hunting south of Deerfield Lake October 1st.

[...]

“We’re putting together data now on how many people have gone missing in the last five years we’ve done searches,” said Thom. “We find a lot of people.”

[...]

The challenge in the on-going cases is the duration and impacts on the budget follow suit.

[...]

“We have a lot of volunteers, well over 100 volunteers that support the Sheriff’s Office day in and day out and frankly, [we] couldn’t do it without them,” said Thom.

As the searches continue, weather remains the biggest factor. Recent snow has brought the searches to a halt. The varying terrain, however, means different things for each search moving forward.

In the search area near Deerfield, snow has continued, picking up about a foot of snow in some spots which Sheriff Thom says has shut down that search for the time being.

[...]

Sitting a few thousand feet below in elevation, Rockerville will be revisited Friday by searchers continuing on.

While still weather dependent, Sheriff Thom assures that the searches will continue until they turn the missing into the found.

wow!

a few days ago a young boy in Minnesota was missing after school. I think age 6. He was found at 2 AM 1 1/2 miles from the bus stop in a field that had been searched before.

He was found with a heat seeking drone.
I saw where a drone found a missing person walking down a street in the dark. They are amazing!

I saw where a drone found a missing person walking down a street in the dark. They are amazing!
No trace after all these days -- talk about fatigue and frustration on the part of LE and the searchers, and the desperation of her family and the people at the home from where she walked away. Let's keep our fingers crossed, folks. Maybe tomorrow.

Same here. Not a single trace of her. Odd.

Which is exactly why the investigation needs to go back to square one, and start from there. Something is missing...

At my job, often, a person can get so wrapped up in seeing something from one perspective, that often when you get "stuck" the file goes to someone else, who sees things with a fresh perspective. I would suggest something like this be considered by LEO.

After alll this time spent searching for Serenity, is there anyway the report of her running away was not true?

As discussed, she couldn’t have made it far dressed as she was in the winter weather.

After alll this time spent searching for Serenity, is there anyway the report of her running away was not true?

As discussed, she couldn’t have made it far dressed as she was in the winter weather.

I've wondered this for months. We only have verbal accounts of what happened, with reported non-staff sightings at the gate (parent dropping off another client) and on Rockerville Road (the woodcutters).

I have no reason to believe there is a coverup, but I'd still be far more convinced that the sequence of events we have is truthful and complete as far as anyone at the home knows if there were camera evidence that she had a) run outside the building and/or b) left the property of the children's home. Or some sign of her found somewhere between the door she ran out and the vastness of the Black Hills. If only the cadaver dog had found an object, any personal object, and not merely the scent of someone who expired sometime in the past.

MOO as always.

Have they ever mentioned checking sewer grates or drainage pipes in the area? Like the one shown in this streetview: خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏
I can't really tell what is under the grate but I have seen grates like that over a catch basin that connects to a drainage pipe/tunnel to take excess rain water away. MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back