CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
My parents had a great deal of friends from their RV clubs, various work and volunteer organizations. As time passes friends pass away, move away, children begin their own life with their own interests. I don't believe they were "friendless". I believe his is a fallacy that has grown legs.

The VI stated themselves that they had little contact over the past decade. (Link will be in one of the past 11 threads). Their family lives in HK. Other family members by the VI's own words are estranged.

Quite frankly, I wonder how much this family truly knew about the relationship/friends of BT and RT in the past years.

For all we know they could of been meeting up with other desert rats prior to BT going missing.
If they aren't friendless, I find their friends' silence on Barbara's disappearance unusual.

I would be a lot more likely to go with “she got lost” if we saw ANY efforts from RT to keep her in the news, keep the community aware, etc.

If she is missing from misadventure, what in the world would the news be able to help with ?

I am of mixed mind with respect to offering rewards. Those rewards tend to bring out the crazies, in which family questions themselves if they don't follow up on every single clue they receive.

There is as well very serious, somewhat bizarre accusations from BT family members. It would not surprise me whatsoever if RT was not advised by LE to not speak to the public as those accusations would have to be investigated.

The comment from @dbdb11 about RT and BT bickering was in this post he made in July:
CA - CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #2

He was replying to a question (-Did they always get along?) and wrote:
"In my experience no one always gets along. They're both very human, had arguments and were able to get through them. My father and his wife refer to their arguments as comical and a notable part of their relationship. ie. It was entertaining watching them stubbornly bicker over something."

This doesn't sound ominous to me. It sounds like what happens in lots of marriages, IMO, with two stubborn people. It's possible the VI's thoughts about the bickering could have changed since he made that post, of course, but it's been a while since we heard from him.

Thank you

To each his own but sounds miserable to me.

I’m stubborn [Taurus] and so is DH but we don’t bicker on.

The word bickering seems to indicate a peevish back and forth.

Not ominous if all is right and good with the Thomas’s but it brings to mind an initial thought the RT was no more than being boorish and not much of a gentleman when BT walked on by herself.

Seems to me that a couple that argue to the point that is notable aspect of their relationship would be disconnected.

So anyway interesting to me and imo.

all imo

I don’t think you’ve missed any logical possibilities, and I completely agree with your reasoning.

#4 is where I’m at, and I don’t see that changing.

No one has stated that she may of changed her mind, went to look at something else, then became lost.

So far most have been pointing the finger at RT, but by the accounts of the VI, BT was an opinionated, Trump loving individual, who would never cede points in a debate.

No one has stated that she may of changed her mind, went to look at something else, then became lost.

So far most have been pointing the finger at RT, but by the accounts of the VI, BT was an opinionated, Trump loving individual, who would never cede points in a debate.

I simply don’t buy the feasibility of her getting lost, and the failure to find a sign of her if that somehow did happen.

In a situation like this, my initial thinking is that’s exactly what happened. People get lost all the time, and it can take a significant amount of time to find the body, if it is ever found.

But I’m not seeing that as being a likely possibility here.

At all.

I simply don’t buy the feasibility of her getting lost, and the failure to find a sign of her if that somehow did happen.

In a situation like this, my initial thinking is that’s exactly what happened. People get lost all the time, and it can take a significant amount of time to find the body, if it is ever found.

But I’m not seeing that as being a likely possibility here.

At all.

Happens all the time. Just look at the past summers stats.

IMO

Stripehaven quote:

"Sadly, she seems to have no friends to help, either. I wonder why she seems to have been so isolated."

They have had 14 years together, you would think they would have lots of friends, especially a female like Barbara.
It is strange indeed
jmho

I’d also expect most people of a certain age to have kept at least one good friend from earlier life. It just seems unusual, though not impossible.

My understanding is that RT is not claiming Barb got lost but rather was kidnapped. If he believes she may have taken to Las Vegas, why not billboards or other publicity in that area? Or on the roads between Kelbaker and LV? Anyone stopping along the way and stepping off road may see something of interest.

RT seems to be a man of means. In case Barb is lost out there and not kidnapped, why not put up billboards in locations that would be seen by people headed toward Kelbaker and the surrounding area? Then they could BOLO for remains and personal effects. If that’s beyond his means, he could perhaps find donors - it’s been done in other cases.

We have members here from both areas, or who have traveled there, and all report seeing no publicity, even soon after Barb went missing. I wonder if anyone even distributed flyers in the parking lot visible from the hiking area. That is something easy that could be an ongoing effort.

Why no Missing FB page? Again, easy - and easily shared all over the country - in case the possible kidnappers kept going.

I mean, there just doesn’t seem to have been the slightest effort on his part. I don’t get it.

I’d also expect most people of a certain age to have kept at least one good friend from earlier life. It just seems unusual, though not impossible.

My understanding is that RT is not claiming Barb got lost but rather was kidnapped. If he believes she may have taken to Las Vegas, why not billboards or other publicity in that area? Or on the roads between Kelbaker and LV? Anyone stopping along the way and stepping off road may see something of interest.

RT seems to be a man of means. In case Barb is lost out there and not kidnapped, why not put up billboards in locations that would be seen by people headed toward Kelbaker and the surrounding area? Then they could BOLO for remains and personal effects. If that’s beyond his means, he could perhaps find donors - it’s been done in other cases.

We have members here from both areas, or who have traveled there, and all report seeing no publicity, even soon after Barb went missing. I wonder if anyone even distributed flyers in the parking lot visible from the hiking area. That is something easy that could be an ongoing effort.

Why no Missing FB page? Again, easy - and easily shared all over the country - in case the possible kidnappers kept going.

I mean, there just doesn’t seem to have been the slightest effort on his part. I don’t get it.
LBM

Re. the bolded : Yes, you're correct. WS'rs surmised --at least in the very beginning -- that she became lost.
But RT never said that. He insisted someone 'took her..'
His words (in msm that we're able and allowed to discuss), not ours.
There has been nothing public of note.

It's sad that this looks like it's going cold.
At least we're still discussing Barbara here.

Is there an official MISSING page? I’ve only found one that is basically an offshoot of WS, except they wanted to be able to post more detailed, non-victim-friendly theories. The one I found is not supported by family or friends.
You are right.. That is why I bailed out. As I said, it was unproductive.

If she were taken as RT said, surely she would have dropped her beer in shock and surprise of being abducted, or had her hat knocked off or had her sunglasses knocked off in a struggle. Something she had with her at the time would have been left behind. And they were at Interstate 40, a well traveled route. How could all this have happened at the perfect time. Her walking close to the road, the creepers car coming, no traffic coming in either direction, trusting the chance no one was left behind in the Thomas RV that wouldn’t have been watching for their return.

Lots of bodies have been discovered by hikers, bikers, hunters, and fisherman. And those that haven’t been found, we can argue the whole “yet” thing, but the fact is, there are loads of missing people who have vanished without a trace, the case has gone cold and we will never get answers for. Or their remains may be discovered in 20, 30, 40 or 100 years from now. We only need to look at our cold cases here to see this is true.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member