Found Deceased IL - Dan Gessner, 28, The Other Side bar, East Dubuque, 21 Oct 2019 *endangered, medical device*

Dan Gessner was last seen at around 2:45 a.m. on Monday, October 21, 2019, outside of the Other Side Bar in East Dubuque, Illinois. He was believed to be wearing a black Dark Chambers hoodie, a gray shirt, and blue jeans.

Gessner uses a medical device that requires urgent attention.

Man missing since Monday morning in Dubuque area
On the map, there's only a small greenway between the bar and the river. Any locals around who can share how easy it would be to end up in the river?

On the map, there's only a small greenway between the bar and the river. Any locals around who can share how easy it would be to end up in the river?
I am local, but not familiar with that bar area.

A few updates to report - local news stations have picked up the story. Here is one from last night: Man missing since Monday morning in Dubuque area.

Also, the FB group "Find Dan Gessner" now has over 850 members and are maintaining a google spreadsheet with leads, search areas and results, etc. The group is public and open to all. Search parties have been out a few times already, and another one going out this afternoon.

Thank you to the mod that updated my original post to the correct format and addition of Endangered.

Search continues for missing Dubuque man

Security footage shows Gessner walking east on Sinsinawa Ave in the early hours of Monday morning.

Friends say that they last heard from Gessner on Sunday night. One friend, Mary Beecher, said that she had received a text message before he went missing at 11:57 Sun night.

Police will continue to search for Gessner both on land and in the river.

I wonder what the text said? Did it give any indication of his state of mind?

Security footage shows Gessner walking east on Sinsinawa Ave in the early hours of Monday morning.

Friends say that they last heard from Gessner on Sunday night. One friend, Mary Beecher, said that she had received a text message before he went missing at 11:57 Sun night.

Police will continue to search for Gessner both on land and in the river.

Man reported missing from Dubuque; last seen on Sunday

Dan Gessner was last seen Sunday at The Lift bar downtown Dubuque. This is according to a Facebook post by Shelly Gessner, his mom.
She also says his phone is dead, and he didn’t report to work Monday or Tuesday.
If he was at The Lift in Dubuque and then walked east on Sinsinawa Ave towards East Dubuque, he would have had to cross the bridge over the river. Bad news.

His last text breaks my heart.

Friends and family of Gessner hosted their own search party Thursday afternoon in hopes of locating him.

Both police and friends say that they will continue their searches. Police will continue to search for Gessner both on land and in the river.

If he was at The Lift in Dubuque and then walked east on Sinsinawa Ave towards East Dubuque, he would have had to cross the bridge over the river. Bad news.

His last text breaks my heart.
Thanks for sharing that detail as to I am not familiar with the area or bodies of water...but seeing he was near water is very concerning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back