MI MI - Adrienne Quintal, 47, called for help, foul play possible, Honor, Benzie Co., 17 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
With regard to why she did not call 911 directly, this is my thought... She called a family member or someone close that knew where she was, the address etc, without her having to relay to 911 too much as she had to "get out of there" quickly and time was of the essence. Because she was on her cell phone I do not think the call would have pulled up her location and she did not have time to explain circumstances to 911 and 911 asks a lot of questions "Hi, what is your emergency, what is your location, are their weapons involve and so forth. I think she quickly called the person she did and said something to the effect of "Get the police here now, this is what is happening...." and then hung up because she had to deal with an urgent situation. On 911 calls I have placed, there is a procedure and it isn't always fast but I know 911 operators have to be calm and ask questions, etc. If I was in a life or death situation, with so little time to spare, that required immediate action I would place a call to the person I know would answer no matter what the time of day or night and pass the situation on for them to handle and then try to deal with whatever was happening at the moment that required defending myself. JMO.

Last edited:
I am thinking the police found other calls or texts on her phone. Most likely someone was threatening her. She probably called friend/family member to say “I think so and so is coming here.” More than likely so and so got there during call and something bad happened (fighting, gunshots, screams, etc.) which caused the friend/family member to call 911.

Would the police call the person she called for help a friend if they were a relative?

I was thinking about this earlier as well. Logically I wouldn't think so, but i'm wondering if they would if, for whatever, they wanted to keep this link to a specific relative on the DL...but then you'd think they would just say relative and not friend. Unless that would also be too much information?? I have no idea

Welcome! Great questions. As you know the area I’m curious, are there many roads in and out of the area? I wouldn’t image so. The reason I ask is because 13 minutes is so quick from call to her disappearing and cops arriving, so I’m curious if the LEOs would have likely passed a car on the way to the cabin, and if so, if they would be able to get any images from dashboard cam. I can’t imagine it’s very highly populated so seeing someone out driving at that time might have sparked their interest..?

Thanks for the warm reception! There are limited roads, but enough that a person could avoid LE by taking some of the less populated ones. The cabin is on a fairly major road, for up there, at least. Benzie County Sheriff's Office is 6 miles of good road from the cabin. 26 miles from the MSP post, but 31 is a main route, so Troopers could have been very close as well.

Last edited:
I’m wondering if the foul play happened a day earlier and someone came up with a clever cover up involving running back and forth between two phones, or having an accomplice place or receive a call from someone else’s phone.
Make it appear that the victim was on the phone with the perp, who is now far away from the cabin. What better way to “prove” that the perp was not there when the bad thing happened? Also a good reason for LE to avoid revealing who called 911 while they investigate.

MOO

The boyfriend called a subject of interest by sheriff. How many days does it take to get a warrant for phone and social media ? It appears based on what I see and just read about boyfriend being a subject of interest that there is a hold on investigation- and ask could it be waiting on phone warrant and or computer search ?
Police suspect foul play in disappearance of Southfield woman in northern Michigan

I am thinking the police found other calls or texts on her phone. Most likely someone was threatening her. She probably called friend/family member to say “I think so and so is coming here.” More than likely so and so got there during call and something bad happened (fighting, gunshots, screams, etc.) which caused the friend/family member to call 911.
Would the boyfriend have left her alone in an isolated cabin if she was being threatened?

The boyfriend called a subject of interest by sheriff. How many days does it take to get a warrant for phone and social media ? It appears based on what I see and just read about boyfriend being a subject of interest that there is a hold on investigation- and ask could it be waiting on phone warrant and or computer search ?
Police suspect foul play in disappearance of Southfield woman in northern Michigan
They likely already have phone records. In my opinion, the "looking for her downstate" comment is directly related to the tracked cellphone movements of the person of interest at that time. I believe that an arrest is imminent based off the fact that the boyfriend has not made any press appearances or pleas to the public. Of course I'm sure police would love to know exactly where AQ is prior to making an arrest.

Foul Play Suspected In Adrienne Quintal's Disappearance; $5,000 Reward Offered
SFA:

The Benzie County Sheriff's department wouldn't release any further details about their suspicions surrounding the disappearance of 47-year-old Adrienne Quintal. Reports indicate, however, that Quintal's boyfriend is now considered a person of interest and has been questioned by police.

This article states AQ's boyfriend is a "person of interest."

POIs can be sleuthed per TOS.

JMO.

My apologies, anxiety level is high. I saw something that didn’t sit well with me and responded in defense.
I now understand what this forum is about. Although I know a bit more than the media (LE), at this time, I wouldn’t share that. There must be a reason why they aren’t making that public. Therefore, I won’t. I can say that it wasn’t unusual for Adrienne to go to the cabin alone. She loves hunting and the property is near and dear to her heart. As for why she didn’t call 911, speculation. And since I haven’t talked to her in a while (not unusual for us), I don’t know what her state of mind was. But, reflex/reaction often leads to things such as calling someone familiar as opposed to 911. I’ve done the same, just not under these circumstances.
Someone asked so...She was not employed. I can’t confirm who she called but I have a pretty good idea. She has family and others behind her and they are pushing. There is talk of other measures to “motivate” people to come forward.
The cabin grounds are dirt, the driveway is dirt. The cabin is pretty much surrounded by mostly pine trees with exception of the front door area. But even there, the trees aren’t far off. The “other cabin” is the family’s 2nd which is mostly used by another family member, although the family is close and all are welcome at either place. I will say this-I do not believe that there is any conceivable way that she is lost somewhere on that property. She not only knows it like the back of her hand, but she also is very well versed in survival skills. She studied until she knew it all. She’s a very intelligent and resourceful lady. In line with that, she knows not to walk outside if she feels threatened by wildlife. There are definitely bears there but she’s way too smart to try to take on a bear.
I really wish I could share more but until LE make things public, I won’t be the one to do that. For now, I will just ride it out.

Foul Play Suspected In Adrienne Quintal's Disappearance; $5,000 Reward Offered
SFA:

The Benzie County Sheriff's department wouldn't release any further details about their suspicions surrounding the disappearance of 47-year-old Adrienne Quintal. Reports indicate, however, that Quintal's boyfriend is now considered a person of interest and has been questioned by police.

This article states AQ's boyfriend is a "person of interest."

POIs can be sleuthed per TOS.

JMO.
Agree. However, the article states "reports indicate the boyfriend is a person of interest". Good enough for me. With the state of reporting these days, who knows.

Reward offered in search for Southfield mother missing in northern Michigan

DETROIT - A $25,000 reward is being offered for information to help find a Southfield woman who is missing in northern Michigan.

Adrienne Quintal, of Southfield, was reported missing last week when she was visiting a family cabin in Benzie County. Police say it could be a case of foul play...

I just read about this case for the first time, but I see that there has been active discussion here. I will catch up on the thread shortly. I hope Adrienne has not come to harm.

Reward offered in search for Southfield mother missing in northern Michigan

DETROIT - A $25,000 reward is being offered for information to help find a Southfield woman who is missing in northern Michigan.

Adrienne Quintal, of Southfield, was reported missing last week when she was visiting a family cabin in Benzie County. Police say it could be a case of foul play...

I just read about this case for the first time, but I see that there has been active discussion here. I will catch up on the thread shortly. I hope Adrienne has not come to harm.
I think the $2500 dollar reward was doubled to $5000 ( five thousand) and saw that on both Benzie County Sheriff page as well as another place this morning. The time of this article posted 7 49 am today makes me question the 25k as erroneous by writer. Hope its true but need confirming link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas