Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #115

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don’t know if he is a Christian and pondering eternity. A true believer would probably not kill two teenagers to start with. So Carter is wrong in assuming, the Shack... this guy is probably not a Christian, inside, or if he is, he created a complex system of “earning redemption and forgiveness” that does not include prison.

I think he is not religious, but it is irrelevant.

More interesting is why he killed them. The situation might be more complicated than SA. I think such people kill out of perceived feeling of a threat.

There is a good point there in saying it is possible that BG might of been a very sick mentally ill person who was walking the trail that day and chanting and talking to himself while in a very paranoid delusional state of mind. When he saw the two girls, he might of perceived them as possibly mocking him in some way, or maybe had hallucinations of them being some sort of threat.

I would never have imagined on day one we would go through 115 threads and have no arrest. However Monster’s “luck” is going to run out one day.

Thank you to all of you for keeping the thread going and for not giving up on justice for Abigail and Liberty and their families.

Yes, thank you everyone. Justice will be served!

Imho so far we can conclude, and some of this is my “sleuthing” thus speculative, so please bear with me, but I’m desperate to figure this one out. He is a white male between 17 and 60 who either lives near the rail, used to live in a home growing up near the rail, or has an immediate family member now who lives near the rail. He is interested in *advertiser censored*, and has a sexual perversion for young girls, possibly ( not definite, but likely) because he was abused by his father who has a perversion, or another adult, when he was a youth. He has access to a gun and knowledge of guns, probably. He does not have a solid alibi for that afternoon. He does resemble the video , and his voice obviously matches the audio, and if they have dna, he is a match, so his local family would also be a match. He has no remorse and has not told anyone. He is not suspected by his friends and family, although he has some weird cracks in his normal mask that people just dismiss. The town’s people know him, he is a local, though he may not live there now, but for some reason, not political, more like an error, he was given a pass. if they have dna, it would help if the houses near the rail gave dna voluntarily. Again, speculation.

Last edited:
Imho so far we can conclude, and some of this is my “sleuthing” thus speculative, so please bear with me, but I’m desperate to figure this one out. He is a white male between 17 and 60 who either lives near the rail, used to live in a home growing up near the rail, or has an immediate family member now who lives near the rail. He is interested in *advertiser censored*, and has a sexual perversion for young girls, possibly ( not definite, but likely) because he was abused by his father who has a perversion, or another adult, when he was a youth. He has access to a gun and knowledge of guns, probably. He does not have a solid alibi for that afternoon. He does resemble the video , and his voice obviously matches the audio, and if they have dna, he is a match, so his local family would also be a match. He has no remorse and has not told anyone. He is not suspected by his friends and family, although he has some weird cracks in his normal mask that people just dismiss. The town’s people know him, he is a local, though he may not live there now, but for some reason, not political, more like an error, he was given a pass.Again, speculation.

Sheila, I think you are right that BG was probably for sure abused as a child, likely in a pretty brutal way and by someone a child should be able to trust. Somewhere the wiring went wrong for kid BG and here we are. JMO

Sheila, I think you are right that BG was probably for sure abused as a child, likely in a pretty brutal way and by someone a child should be able to trust. Somewhere the wiring went wrong for kid BG and here we are. JMO

Maybe because he was abused as a child he feels the incident at the bridge is just a snapshot of his character and it's not who he really is. He feels misunderstood and he doesn't understand or know what made him do what he did.

Sometimes I wish I’d started tracking all the outrageous theories and ideas that people have come up with in this case.

Maybe because he was abused as a child he feels the incident at the bridge is just a snapshot of his character and it's not who he really is. He feels misunderstood and he doesn't understand or know what made him do what he did.

That's an interesting thought. Seems to go with what Mike B's posted yesterday as his take on what BG's life might be like "today". I would think maybe BG thinks he can control it if he stuffs it down in the memory box with the other bad things. I really wonder if the girls were his first/last/only crime of this magnitude. MOO

Yes, absolutely. Very dangerous people often feel justified and misunderstood. *advertiser censored* has a way of making perverts treat pretty young girls or boys like they are not human, unfortunately, but just for their perverted pleasure, thus distancing themselves from empathy, or not having empathy to begin with.

So psyched people found the possibility of the offender being a Redditor to be realistic! I picture the offender on Reddit more than Websleuths because of his age, mostly. I don't currently have a specific Reddit user in mind as a throwaway being used by the offender, but I've looked. Of particular interest in my "offender Redditor profile" is someone who comments on sports threads, then occasionally switches to r/delphimurders. A "dude" who switches it up like that would also be able to compartmentalize in a similar way, don't you think?

A sports fan with a morbid streak.

To be honest, you might find me on a sports message board then the Delphi Reddit over the same lunch in a given day, but that's only because I like sports and have been fascinated with this case since day 1, so that might make too many innocent people suspects in your eyes. I actually got a kick out of your post because that described me. I just like to peruse various things I am interested in. I am no murderer, for sure, though!

I can't let go of Carter saying BG will probably be a combination of the two sketches. That, to me, is one of the most telling statements made so far. In other words, focus on the video and audio. If you recognize the man in either, than don't put too much stock into the sketches. Sketches are really only a tool, IMO.

When I was little, I tried to describe a dog to my mom to find out what breed it was. She asked me to draw her a picture. It was no more than a cartoon, I'm sure, but it was enough to help her brain make a match when added to the other information I'd told her.
I don't believe ISP Carter was saying a combination of the two sketches. I think he was saying a combination of the photographic image and the new sketch. LE has said the NBG sketch is the face of Libby and Abby's killer and to disregard the first released BG sketch. IIRC

There is a good point there in saying it is possible that BG might of been a very sick mentally ill person who was walking the trail that day and chanting and talking to himself while in a very paranoid delusional state of mind. When he saw the two girls, he might of perceived them as possibly mocking him in some way, or maybe had hallucinations of them being some sort of threat.
I suppose anything is possible but it just doesn't fit the PC IMO. I don't envision a mentally ill paranoid schizophrenic uttering the command, "Guys......down the hill," with such calm and confidence. But, that's just me.

I suppose anything is possible but it just doesn't fit the PC IMO. I don't envision a mentally ill paranoid schizophrenic uttering the command, "Guys......down the hill," with such calm and confidence. But, that's just me.

I agree. Statistically the mentally ill are more likely to be the victim of abuse than to be the abusers. This was a very focused person, who hunted his available desired prey , away from the pack, in an environment he was very familiar and comfortable with, sure no one would hear or see his murder, and I presume rape? The girls deserve swift justice.

I don't believe ISP Carter was saying a combination of the two sketches. I think he was saying a combination of the photographic image and the new sketch. LE has said the NBG sketch is the face of Libby and Abby's killer and to disregard the first released BG sketch. IIRC
At around the 4:10 mark, Carter says he thinks the suspect will "probably look something similar to both of the two sketches that we've released."

More interesting is why he killed them. The situation might be more complicated than SA. I think such people kill out of perceived feeling of a threat.
I agree: "The situation might be more complicated than SA." Don't ask me, why I'm thinking that since the beginning (though with interruptions dependent on the POI).

If the killer killed out of a perceived feeling of a threat, then I have to ask: Why did he follow the girls, why did he search for vicinity to them and even with some speed of his last steps? That would be twice sick in his mind, IMO.

Atm, I believe, he urgently needed for acting out with violence, speed, power and he expected a result, which would make him calm at the end of the attack. I think, he has done it before and for the same reason.

Why he is such a coward to chose teenagers and especially girls, I can't imagine. Hate for these specific genus I would have understood in 2017, when I had a POI, LE never had until today. There was a reason to that back then. If it is now a relative young man, who did the double murder, I can't think of exuberant hate as a reason. - MOO

To be honest, you might find me on a sports message board then the Delphi Reddit over the same lunch in a given day, but that's only because I like sports and have been fascinated with this case since day 1, so that might make too many innocent people suspects in your eyes. I actually got a kick out of your post because that described me. I just like to peruse various things I am interested in. I am no murderer, for sure, though!

Sorry if it seems like you—that was completely unintentional. I'm generalizing a lot in my half-baked speculations, and admittedly stereotypes are unintentionally expressed. I play and watch sports and follow this case as well as Mollie Tibbets. LOL

At around the 4:10 mark, Carter says he thinks the suspect will "probably look something similar to both of the two sketches that we've released."

And I for one will never understand that statement as those two sketches couldn't be more different. Then, throw in the image/face (we can't see) from BG and I'm at a total loss as to what BG actually looks like. I've seen pics of people that look like NBG, pics of people that look like OBG and pics of people that have a vague resemblance to BG :confused: Just colour me confused at this point. Oh, and one voice that resembles BG but I don't think it's him anymore :rolleyes:

The ISP current description is white male, 18-40 years old but could look younger than his true age. The suspect is believed to be local or to have lived or visited Delphi. Their current height estimate is 5'8"-'5'10" and between 180-200 pounds.

The suspect is most likely to be in his 20's based murder statistics.

Age assessment is very subjective. We judge people's age based on how they dress and act. We also judge age by posture and language. We judge age by the location and time, as well.

People scan the people around them. We instinctively evaluate people as being normal and not a threat or as standing out and needing further assessment.

Obviously, Libby and Abby assessed BG as a risk so they started filming him. He fell into the need further assessment category.

It could be something as simple as an older guy trying to engage a Abby and Libby in conversation. Aside from acknowledging the teens, an adult male, by norms, typically does not chat with young girls unless he is already in their inner circle out on a trail. The norm rules change if either party has a question or needs help.

There are my opinions based on information that is available to the public.

Imho so far we can conclude, and some of this is my “sleuthing” thus speculative, so please bear with me, but I’m desperate to figure this one out. He is a white male between 17 and 60 who either lives near the rail, used to live in a home growing up near the rail, or has an immediate family member now who lives near the rail. He is interested in *advertiser censored*, and has a sexual perversion for young girls, possibly ( not definite, but likely) because he was abused by his father who has a perversion, or another adult, when he was a youth. He has access to a gun and knowledge of guns, probably. He does not have a solid alibi for that afternoon. He does resemble the video , and his voice obviously matches the audio, and if they have dna, he is a match, so his local family would also be a match. He has no remorse and has not told anyone. He is not suspected by his friends and family, although he has some weird cracks in his normal mask that people just dismiss. The town’s people know him, he is a local, though he may not live there now, but for some reason, not political, more like an error, he was given a pass. if they have dna, it would help if the houses near the rail gave dna voluntarily. Again, speculation.

I think the DNA they have was processed and is only a partial profile. I think from the beginning while following leads, interviews etc...investigators have either pushed aside or included local individuals on their possible suspect list.

I think at some point in the latter half of 2018 LE started questioning certain things known about certain people. I think fresh eyes (Georgia and FBI after Feb 2018) pointed them back towards certain individuals that they needed to further investigate.

In December 2018 more DNA evidence was sent to FBI for "DNA testing research" per Sheriff Leazenby. I do feel that testing and subsequent research revealed Delphi familial hits to that partial DNA profile that shocked the local LE. They could not identify an individual by the partial profile they had so they then had to track, research and eliminate the males.

By the time of the April PC, I believe LE had a very well educated, investigated idea of who was the responsible party. I believe everything said, shown and done at that PC was with this individual and his immediate family in mind.

They need to tie him to the location on that day of the murders. I think that is the stumbling block. Nobody wants an arrest without a clear and definite conviction of this monster. They must be very careful with their witness(es). If they tell the LE that they cannot positively identify BG from a picture lineup and LE's suspect is being given an alibi by someone, LE must find other ways to break the alibi.

I think that is what's happening with this case. Enough DNA to know but not enough to say definitively suspect was in contact with the girls where the died, especially since someone is saying he was with them. AJMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson