Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #115

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting that.

I felt a certain amount of doom after Riley said...I can’t say we’re discouraged.

To me it sounded like they are close to being discouraged.

I can’t stand this: “one tip away from solving this crime”

Well yeah, I guess if someone walked into the police station and confessed that would solve it or if his wife or gf turned him in that would solve it.

I hate to think that now at this point they, LE feels this is the only way this is going to be solved.

I’m feeling, in Riley’s words, discouraged... Moo
I thought the same on rileys words FP.
as usual he makes a contradictory confusing statements.

from the linked article above
'State Police said they are getting the information they have been looking for. Detectives still need that one good tip to solve this case.'

but anna's statement "I really hoped we would have it wrapped up by July" encouraging.

urgh!!!!

moo

Let me explain what I think LE means when they talk about needing “that one last piece of the puzzle.
Imagine...it’s your birthday and a friend gives you a picture puzzle. The box shows it’s a picture of a giant chocolate chip cookie! On the top of the box where it tells you how many pieces make up the puzzle, it says “1”. Well, you think, this is puzzling.(pause for guffaws and laughter). You open the box, take out the one puzzle piece and put it on the table. Congratulations! You have completed the puzzle!

yes, that's what I was saying in a post above.

anna Williams 'thought we'd have this wrapped up by now' screams out to me its close and they know who.(likely the family dont know specifics but they been told its all good)
just applying that sentence myself I can not see how you could use it in the context of LE have no idea on who the perp is.
its kinda confident??
reading between the lines imo she is saying I cant believe they haven't arrested him yet with what they got.
anyone feel this interpretation?
or am I way off :p

moo

The population that Snowden was viewing in the NSA and CIA mass surveillance of personal private data were all internet users; either PCs or phones.
TY I did notice you had put the source originally after I posted but that is still not everyone IMO. I also am very reluctant to believe someone like Snowden.

i think LE expects a very concrete person to share what he/she knows. But this person never would, for reasons not necessarily related to BG (maybe protecting own image). So it is a stalemate. And LE has to try another approach, since “shock value” (showing the photo of NBG), obviously, did not work.
Does anyone think that maybe a family member suspects who did it and is keeping quiet?

Thanks for posting that.

I felt a certain amount of doom after Riley said...I can’t say we’re discouraged.

To me it sounded like they are close to being discouraged.

I can’t stand this: “one tip away from solving this crime”

Well yeah, I guess if someone walked into the police station and confessed that would solve it or if his wife or gf turned him in that would solve it.

I hate to think that now at this point they, LE feels this is the only way this is going to be solved.

I’m feeling, in Riley’s words, discouraged... Moo
I agree. If he didn't mean to imply they are discouraged, he certainly failed to convey that they are encouraged by what they have.

Let me explain what I think LE means when they talk about needing “that one last piece of the puzzle.
Imagine...it’s your birthday and a friend gives you a picture puzzle. The box shows it’s a picture of a giant chocolate chip cookie! On the top of the box where it tells you how many pieces make up the puzzle, it says “1”. Well, you think, this is puzzling.(pause for guffaws and laughter). You open the box, take out the one puzzle piece and put it on the table. Congratulations! You have completed the puzzle!
Yes, but what if that missing piece of the puzzle is his face.

That said, I still believe this case will be solved.

not necessarily a high-standing politician. Local ones know a lot more about locals. DC’s position is political as well, and so are many others. You put this guy BG behind bars, and then his relative, some local commissioner or something minor, will have to leave., and it will bring down the whole group of his level - local politicians during the next elections.

I think is is more likely. Everyone is concerned about own position.

Exactly. Small-town city council member's nephew, Tinytown population 900 fire chief's son.........

Has anyone tried to "unblur" the YBG image? Here's a concept of what the offender could look like in focus.
I can actually force myself to see hair. It's like one of those 3D pictures that were all the rage back in the 90s, where you had to blur your eyes before the image would pop out.

There's a word in the art world, chiaroscuro, which basically means high contrast between light and dark. It comes to mind because the position of the sun during the video clip provides for a lot of chiaroscuro. Unfortunately, much of that is lost in pixelation, but the shadowing is still visible to an extent.

While I can see hair, my personal take is that he has on a well-worn baseball hat with a tightly curved bill. I say well-worn because it takes time to really get the bill curled tight. And I think the bill is curved tight because of the shadowing above the face and the lighting around what I think is the top button of the hat. JMO

That being said, the video is so impossible to construe that I'm open to other's ideas. I appreciate the fact, too, that I'm interpreting things from the perspective of someone who sees well-worn baseball hats with tightly curved bills on a regular basis.

My WS is acting super wonky this morning and wouldn’t let me complete or edit my last post.

Hmmmm...I watched the video & the reporter asked about the “abandoned car that was found

Reilly did not correct the reporter. So is this car in LE’s custody??
MOO
this has come up before.
many posters posted about the abandoned car but it was dismissed by most as poor wording in the presser.

we would hope reilly would correct a reporter speaking misinformation wouldn't he???

an abandoned car would be either completely irrelevant or HUGELY important to the case.
a deliberate clue?

with these guys track record of muddling stuff up to be released who knows!!!!:confused:

moo

this has come up before.
many posters posted about the abandoned car but it was dismissed by most as poor wording in the presser.

we would hope reilly would correct a reporter speaking misinformation wouldn't he???

an abandoned car would be either completely irrelevant or HUGELY important to the case.
a deliberate clue?

with these guys track record of muddling stuff up to be released who knows!!!!:confused:

moo
Everything about this case has been repeatedly analyzed because it has not been solved yet :/ LE’s words will always be picked apart until that happens, because we’re all looking for any little crumb of evidence LE can leave for us.
Having said that, this vehicle was first mentioned in the April PC. At that time, there was no mention of whether or not LE had the vehicle.
Yes, one would think Reilly would have corrected the reporter...I’m starting to think he did not because again, they are keeping so much info to themselves.
It is so frustrating with the way things have been worded throughout this investigation. It drives me crazy sometimes!
MOO

this has come up before.

a deliberate clue?

moo
If it was abandoned, and LE had it, why the noon to 5pm time frame? They would have had no reason to impound it at 5pm on the 13th. Unless they impounded it the next day and just want to hear from people who might have seen it during that particular time frame. But then again, why wouldn't that have come out right away? So many questions...

If it was abandoned, and LE had it, why the noon to 5pm time frame? They would have had no reason to impound it at 5pm on the 13th. Unless they impounded it the next day and just want to hear from people who might have seen it during that particular time frame. But then again, why wouldn't that have come out right away? So many questions...
They were asking about the Driver of the abandoned car.
Mystery deepens in Delphi girls’ double murder | X101 Always Classic
“Officials also said Monday they’re looking for the driver of a car mysteriously abandoned on the day the girls’ bodies were found.”
MOO

Everything about this case has been repeatedly analyzed because it has not been solved yet :/ LE’s words will always be picked apart until that happens, because we’re all looking for any little crumb of evidence LE can leave for us.
Having said that, this vehicle was first mentioned in the April PC. At that time, there was no mention of whether or not LE had the vehicle.
Yes, one would think Reilly would have corrected the reporter...I’m starting to think he did not because again, they are keeping so much info to themselves.
It is so frustrating with the way things have been worded throughout this investigation. It drives me crazy sometimes!
MOO
Honestly, IMO, I don't think LE cares if the public as a whole is confused. Anyone who recognizes BG from the video or audio, or who knows anything about the car, will know it regardless of LE's wording.

They were asking about the Driver of the abandoned car.
Mystery deepens in Delphi girls’ double murder | X101 Always Classic
“Officials also said Monday they’re looking for the driver of a car mysteriously abandoned on the day the girls’ bodies were found.”
MOO

They later clarified (if you can call it that):

Multi-Agency Taskforce Clarifies Points about the Delphi Murder Suspect Sketches ·

Delphi, IN – The Multi-Agency Task Force is providing the below points of clarification after yesterday’s informational news conference.

• A car was parked in the abandoned CPS building parking lot between the hours of noon and 5:00 p.m. on February 13, 2017
    • We are looking for anyone who could give a description of vehicles that were in the parking lot during the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member