The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heck, 15 months? People are still trying to impress each other at 6 months. And the physical attraction is still strong. A year, people do start being themselves.

I hope that they make it. But I personally think Harry would have been happier with Chelsea. But, she would not have had the "shock" factor for the family. I believe that Harry wanted a family blowup. He didn't get one. And then, was stuck.

Bbm, I love it. Mickey, right on.

tbree years is a marker.. .

But then again, I’ve loved Gregg Allman for 50 or so years...

“Sat down, wrote you a long letter.”

“Oh but I’ll live on, I’ll be strong.”

Gregg Allman. His voice...

Ok I digress, 15 months dating is a short romance - imo.

H&M, need to get it together... get their act together.

Last edited:
I don't mean this as a criticism...the hugging is too much, I would be really uncomfortable with somebody invading my personal space like that. I suppose it's another cultural/personality difference between someone from California and a more reserved Brit.

Not suggesting that British people don't hug by the way, we're not that uptight! I just wouldn't feel comfortable and unless these are people she knows very well, it's a little over familiar for my tastes. It seems to be becoming her "thing" but it's important to remember that not everybody likes it. Only my opinion, of course.

I don't mean this as a criticism...the hugging is too much, I would be really uncomfortable with somebody invading my personal space like that. I suppose it's another cultural/personality difference between someone from California and a more reserved Brit.

Not suggesting that British people don't hug by the way, we're not that uptight! I just wouldn't feel comfortable and unless these are people she knows very well, it's a little over familiar for my tastes. It seems to be becoming her "thing" but it's important to remember that not everybody likes it. Only my opinion, of course.

I still remember being very uncomfortable when my future mother-in-law hugged and kissed me at our first meeting or two when my future husband and I were just dating. I didn’t come from a huggy family. I got used to it and felt very loved by her, and I’m much more likely to hug friends now. But I don’t when I first meet someone. So I get the discomfort. To me, extending two hands is sort of a compromise in some situations...warmer than a handshake and less familiar than a hug. But a handshake is always more appropriate for strangers IMO.

Love the skirt and top by themselves, but not together. Color looks great on her IMO. ETA, just saw the shoes and I LOVE them, but wish they had a chunkier heel.

Love her outfit too, great colour, love the updo too the lift at the crown looks great on her but my goodness Harry looks so crumpled its like hes put his suit through the washing machine or something.

I wonder if the reaction that they got from the documentary was what they expected? I haven't heard anyone say anything other than Harry should withdraw from the RF since its making them/him this unhappy. It seems odd to have so many public engagements on the back of the documentary but I suppose they were agreed in advance.

I just wouldn't feel comfortable and unless these are people she knows very well, it's a little over familiar for my tastes. It seems to be becoming her "thing" but it's important to remember that not everybody likes it.
I do wonder about it from a security perspective also, I doubt her security like how demonstrative she is. I'm not a hugger unless I know someone well, I also amn't a fan of a kiss on the cheek if I don't know them well (a pet peeve of mine is when a man gets a handshake and I get a kiss on the cheek)

It should come as no surprise that Samantha Markle is speaking out about her half-sister complaining about royal life see Daily Mail online or Inside Edition for the story.
:rolleyes: I'm not surprised shes back more surprised shes stayed fairly quiet recently, she is just the worst although I do think Paul Burrell pips her at the post for person who has milked their royal connection in the grossest way but thats purely because hes been at it longer

Love the skirt and top by themselves, but not together. Color looks great on her IMO. ETA, just saw the shoes and I LOVE them, but wish they had a chunkier heel.

Meghan Markle takes part in a roundtable discussion on gender equality | Daily Mail Online

I agree. It’s a great color, but the sum was less attractive than each of the parts.

Here’s a article full of advice on how to style a leather pencil skirt, including shoes. I like the style of top in the first picture (below) best. I think lower, less delicate pumps would have been better, but the color was great. A couple of tips from the article:
  • A pencil skirt is better paired with a loose fitting top

• You can wear almost any color top with a dark leather skirt, but coloured skirts require some discretion to ensure they pair well.

• For conservative or office wear, try to keep matters simple. Opt for a knee-length skirt or accessorize with leggings, tights, or stockings. Pair with a modest top or use a long blazer or cardigan. A blazer with just one button fastened at the waist can really pull the look together.
  • upload_2019-10-25_3-44-15.jpeg

Style Tips on What to Wear With a Leather Skirt

A luxury car that used to be the Queen's personal vehicle and has a rear seat adapted for her corgi dogs has sold for more than £80,000.

The Daimler Double Six saloon was delivered new to Buckingham Palace in 1984 for the personal use of the monarch, 93.

Prior to her taking ownership of the green motor, it was given a 3,000 mile road test by engineers to ensure it was perfect upon delivery.

The luxury car was fitted with several bespoke features including a special seat adapted for her beloved pets.

Queen's personal vehicle of the 1980s sells for over £80,000 | Daily Mail Online

2E1E16C8-4B51-4AD1-8A2F-D51594EF3797.jpeg A6A77BD4-32BE-431D-A7ED-76F17FF03A10.jpeg 8F502116-F38A-45C4-97D2-5EA7218BF670.jpeg 6E82235D-4B11-416B-8FEB-C5BA17CF470F.jpeg 7FAD3028-E93D-4511-93E1-AD1CE48411E1.jpeg

I'm no fashionista lol, but those reds don't match at all. Shouldn't they?

Her hair looks good though.

I no longer think she's pregnant, because it would show in that outfit.

IMO
I don't like that skirt with that top. The colors don't match well. Queen Letizia shows how it is done.

And her hair is a mess = those stupid straggly chunks hanging over her face are not good. They look terrible. The back is good but those chunky bits dragging over her face do not lo0k "casual", they completely undo the effect of the upsweep.

I still remember being very uncomfortable when my future mother-in-law hugged and kissed me at our first meeting or two when my future husband and I were just dating. I didn’t come from a huggy family. I got used to it and felt very loved by her, and I’m much more likely to hug friends now. But I don’t when I first meet someone. So I get the discomfort. To me, extending two hands is sort of a compromise in some situations...warmer than a handshake and less familiar than a hug. But a handshake is always more appropriate for strangers IMO.

I also think the hugging is terribly inappropriate. When you greet someone and they don't know whether to curtsey or hug, you have made them uncomfortable and sadly, put that nice lady on the front of tabloid pages in an embarrasing situation.

being from MN, we don’t do that much either but it is changing. People at churches are doing hugging as part of the service. Many different denominations.

I was chastised on here earlier about the French type kissing on each cheek. I thought the British did not do that and was scolded saying that all Europeans and British do the cheek kiss. Which is it?

I would much prefer a hug over the cheek kiss which really gets into one’s space.

I'm from the US, south. We hung everybody or so I thought.

One day, I went to hug a person I'd had a long standing phone friendship. She immediately jumped back, put her hands up and said....your space, my space, do not enter my space. Learned a good lesson...

I'm from the US, south. We hung everybody or so I thought.

One day, I went to hug a person Is had a long standing phone friendship. She immediately jumped back, put her hands up and said....your space, my space, do not enter my space. Learned a good lesson...

i have to admit, I’m a hugger too. But not strangers :p

Glad that MM is wearing clothes that are more 'relatable'. The hugging needs to stop. It is not professional but I am not a hugger. I do like hugs though from people that I know - not strangers.

The only think I like about today's appearance is the color of the top. The color looks very nice on MM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288