GUILTY CO - Fem, in Suitcase in Dumpster, Pueblo, Oct 2019 - Maria Agnes Cuevas-Garcia *Son & wife ARRESTED

Not only killed her, but threw her body in a dumpster. Disgusting.
What strikes me is how cold this crime is. Normally when murdering someone the suspect knows, the face is covered etc. - either out of shame, guilt or in some wicked way - care. This however appears to be a rather emotionleas crime, and it's not like the entire act was thought of to lead away from the murderer - leaving the tats on the body is seriously one of the most rookie mistakes one can make.

Gruesome as it might sound, I wonder about the state of the body. Was it in one piece? (can't access the video) Are there any wounds besides fatal injuries?

Victim in Pueblo homicide is suspect's mother

Oct 21, 2019

The woman whose body was found at a South Side car wash stuffed inside a suitcase and thrown inside a dumpster has been identified as the suspect’s mother.

Pueblo County Coroner Brian Cotter on Monday identified the woman as Maria Agnes Cuevas-Garcia, 58, of Pueblo. The Pueblo Police Department confirmed that she is Anthony Cuevas’ mother.

Meanwhile, a judge has sealed the case file against the son.

According to court documents, a police detective filed a motion to seal the case Saturday.

“Your affiant believes that if the affidavit were to be unsealed, it will provide circumstantial or direct information to the criminal case report supporting this arrest warrant, which was initiated by the Pueblo Police Department in Pueblo County, Colo., and is an ongoing investigation,” the motion said.

Anthony Cuevas, 36, of Monte Vista, and his wife, Melanie Ann Cuevas, 36, were arrested Friday near the Adolfo’s restaurant on the North Side. Police were aided by parole officers in the arrest.

Cuevas was arrested on suspicion of first-degree murder and parole violation. His wife faces a possible charge of criminal impersonation.

According to the Colorado Department of Corrections, Cuevas is on parole.

Can this guy creep any lower to hell?

Anthony A. Mestas‏ @mestas3517
Pueblo police: Man sold car after mom's slaying
8:38 PM - 22 Oct 2019

Pueblo police: Man sold car after mom's slaying

Well actually......

Police: Woman found in Colorado dumpster, police still searching for her head, hands and feet

On Wednesday, Capt. Eric Bravo confirmed with 11 News the victim's head, hands and feet are still missing. This was first reported by the Chieftain. Capt. Bravo said they did not initially release this information, because only the killer would know. As of Wednesday, the suspect was not cooperating with police so authorities are hoping someone in the public has more information on where the rest of the remains were.

Well actually......

Police: Woman found in Colorado dumpster, police still searching for her head, hands and feet

On Wednesday, Capt. Eric Bravo confirmed with 11 News the victim's head, hands and feet are still missing. This was first reported by the Chieftain. Capt. Bravo said they did not initially release this information, because only the killer would know. As of Wednesday, the suspect was not cooperating with police so authorities are hoping someone in the public has more information on where the rest of the remains were.

:eek::mad: Evil. I hope LE stopped all the trash going to the landfill and are searching it. MOO.

Well actually......

What an evil pair they are. Her own son. I seriously can’t get over what people do to each other

Well actually......

There are no words....:(:(:eek::eek:

After this -- praying the missing daughter is OK..

There are no words....:(:(:eek::eek:

After this -- praying the missing daughter is OK..

Has there been any MSM confirmation the daughter is missing yet? I'd like to make a thread for her but we need something official. Hopefully she is not actually missing but just laying low and avoiding the media. She might not want to talk to some family members also if there is a difference of opinion on her parent's guilt or innocence (or if the family members are the type of people she knows will post everything she tells them online without any discretion).
MOO.

Has there been any MSM confirmation the daughter is missing yet? I'd like to make a thread for her but we need something official. Hopefully she is not actually missing but just laying low and avoiding the media. She might not want to talk to some family members also if there is a difference of opinion on her parent's guilt or innocence (or if the family members are the type of people she knows will post everything she tells them online without any discretion).
MOO.

I don't think she's missing. Mary had posted on social media (a long time ago) about not being able to find her. But she's quoted/on video in the article, so unlikely still missing.

KRDO Exclusive: Family of slain mother found in suitcase speaks out

MONTE VISTA, Colo. - Pictures of happier days only seem to bring grief to the Cuevas family now.

"I love my mom no matter what," said Tabitha Cuevas, daughter of Mary Cuevas-Garcia, while scrolling through old photos of her mother.

"When I see these images, all I can think is that she's still my mom."

It's been nearly a week since 58-year old Cuevas-Garcia's dismembered body was found in a suitcase placed in a dumpster.

Since then, investigators have arrested 36-year old Anthony Cuevas, the victim's own son, on a first degree murder charge. Today, the victim and suspect's family spoke with KRDO.

Last edited:
I don't think she's missing. Mary had posted on social media (a long time ago) about not being able to find her. But she's quoted/on video in the article, so unlikely still missing.

KRDO Exclusive: Family of slain mother found in suitcase speaks out

MONTE VISTA, Colo. - Pictures of happier days only seem to bring grief to the Cuevas family now.

"I love my mom no matter what," said Tabitha Cuevas, daughter of Mary Cuevas-Garcia, while scrolling through old photos of her mother.

"When I see these images, all I can think is that she's still my mom."

It's been nearly a week since 58-year old Cuevas-Garcia's dismembered body was found in a suitcase placed in a dumpster.

Since then, investigators have arrested 36-year old Anthony Cuevas, the victim's own son, on a first degree murder charge. Today, the victim and suspect's family spoke with KRDO.
The family posted that she was missing and they wanted to notify her of Mary's death. It seems like she's troubled so disappearing might be a common occurrence for her. But they commented on the post yesterday that a cousin found her.

'We all miss her': Family reflects on loss of Cuevas-Garcia

Oct 24, 2019

The family of Maria “Mary” Cuevas-Garcia remembers her as an outspoken, bold and determined person.

“She was always right, too,” said Tabitha Cuevas, Mary’s daughter, by telephone Wednesday.

“She brought a lot of light to a room. When she came into a room, you would feel it. Her smile was so beautiful.”

She burst into tears as she scrolled through photos of her late mother on a cellphone.

The family gathered Wednesday in Monte Vista to talk about Mary, 58, who allegedly was murdered by her son Anthony Cuevas, 36, of Monte Vista, last week.

[...]

“We were in such shock. We knew my uncle (Anthony Cuevas) and my grandma had fights and stuff, but we never knew he would go this far,” Hamilton said.

[...]

Hamilton lived with her grandmother and stepgrandfather, Ron Garcia, for about four years in Pueblo before moving out a few weeks ago.

She said she and her grandmother were close.

“I even slept in the same bed with her. We were attached to each other’s hip,” she said.

The family is tentatively planning a funeral for early next month.

[...]

Hamilton said Mary would often speak highly about Anthony Cuevas.

“He was in prison for so long and she couldn’t wait for him to get out. She spoke of him like he was a king,” Hamilton said.

According to a post on 9news.com of Denver, records from the Colorado Department of Corrections show Cuevas was sentenced to 10 years in 2014 in Rio Grande County and was later released on parole. Authorities believe he has ties to Monte Vista and may have headed there.

Pueblo homicide may involve man with Monte Vista ties

Sentenced in 2014 -- didn't serve much of his 10 year sentence before paroled. If his 2014 charges/conviction surface, please post.

ETA: AC went before the parole board Aug 22, 2018 - probably released shortly after.

CDOC Offender Search

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado