Sievers Sidebar #5

“We just couldn’t put the hammer in his hand and there was no evidence he was really in the house,” he said.

"Meaning the jury agreed Jimmy Rodgers didn’t deserve to die for his role in the murder of Teresa Sievers. "

Ummmm, jurors are not supposed to consider the sentence. And also they did not have to give him death even if he got first degree.

“We just couldn’t put the hammer in his hand and there was no evidence he was really in the house,” he said.

"Meaning the jury agreed Jimmy Rodgers didn’t deserve to die for his role in the murder of Teresa Sievers. "

Ummmm, jurors are not supposed to consider the sentence. And also they did not have to give him death even if he got first degree.
Agreed. I think it boils down to they felt Wayne & Mark were the conspirators and, though culpable, Jimmy was the fall guy. He was guilty, but not as guilty as the others. There really was no proof that he was ever in that house. All they had was Wayne’s word that Jimmy participated in the actual killing. That’s not to say they didn’t believe he probably did, but you can’t convict on “probably”.

This right here is everything - “You have the life of, not just the life that was taken, responsibility to them, but you also have a responsibility because you’re holding someone else’s life in your hands too, so it can’t be taken lightly,” said Roberts.

Throwing out Wayne’s testimony and considering only the physical evidence, I think 2nd Degree Murder was a fair verdict for this jury.

Agreed. I think it boils down to they felt Wayne & Mark were the conspirators and, though culpable, Jimmy was the fall guy. He was guilty, but not as guilty as the others. There really was no proof that he was ever in that house. All they had was Wayne’s word that Jimmy participated in the actual killing. That’s not to say they didn’t believe he probably did, but you can’t convict on “probably”.

This right here is everything - “You have the life of, not just the life that was taken, responsibility to them, but you also have a responsibility because you’re holding someone else’s life in your hands too, so it can’t be taken lightly,” said Roberts.

Throwing out Wayne’s testimony and considering only the physical evidence, I think 2nd Degree Murder was a fair verdict for this jury.
I got the impression that Taylor's testimony was unbelievable to them. That was the only thing they requested when deliberating. JMO

Wow. The state needs to look at this response and any other juror response in prep for Mark's trial.
I’m shocked they didn’t interview this jury post-verdict. You can learn so much by talking to them. I’ve thought about it a lot. I assume they felt when the verdict came down as 2nd degree, it was clear they didn’t believe anything Wayne had to say. Guessing they felt that was all they needed to know. I would disagree.

I’m shocked they didn’t interview this jury post-verdict. You can learn so much by talking to them. I’ve thought about it a lot. I assume they felt when the verdict came down as 2nd degree, it was clear they didn’t believe anything Wayne had to say. Guessing they felt that was all they needed to know. I would disagree.
This sets the bar high for the State in Mark's trial and his lawyer must be very pleased with this verdict .

I got the impression that Taylor's testimony was unbelievable to them. That was the only thing they requested when deliberating. JMO
My hunch about that read back was Taylor said on direct that in that convo in bed that Jimmy confessed HE killed her. On cross, Fitzgeorge impeached her with her depo where she said she couldn’t be sure if he said it was himself or Wayne. That was pretty big, IMO. Just my hunch.

I posted on the other TS board, but yes, the Prosecution team need to talk to those jurors. They have work to do and I bet Marks team is VERY happy with what this juror said. They will make Mark look like the loving parent, innocent, trying to protect his daughters etc.... we know that is the direction he's going AND what CWW said in his testimony. He'll get sympathy from SOMEONE in the upcoming trial thats in that jury room unless Pros. squash this from the opening statement. They better be prepared for ANYTHING and everything being thrown out.

@beach - how come we have so many threads discussing the same subject? Should this one be for "other" stuff or closed - and trial discussion on the Trial Discussion thread? Getting lost on all these threads.... :(

Wink News article from today about the psychology that goes into choosing a jury:

Deciders of fate: The psychology that goes into choosing a jury

I received a jury summons last month and was able to excuse myself. I just could not imagine myself possibly sitting there and being asked, if I knew about the case..Who..? MS..? What..? When..?:eek::rolleyes::oops:o_O

-Nin

@beach - how come we have so many threads discussing the same subject? Should this one be for "other" stuff or closed - and trial discussion on the Trial Discussion thread? Getting lost on all these threads.... :(

I know. :( Let me get through tomorrow because I’m a huge college football fan. I’m gonna get away from this case for 24 hours veg all day with queso, burgers and beer with some friends. I’ll get on here Sunday and re-organize this forum.

I know. :( Let me get through tomorrow because I’m a huge college football fan. I’m gonna get away from this case for 24 hours veg all day with queso, burgers and beer with some friends. I’ll get on here Sunday and re-organize this forum.

Go Auburn!! I used live in Auburn, CA. and always rooted for them! :)

Take your time my friend - and enjoy the game!
animated-smileys-sport-045.gif

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back