Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #115

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the family member was there on that day, within feet of the crime scene, and didn't know it.

very likely. But if this dude was able to persuade the police that he was an upstanding citizen, initially, probably, the family member did not believe it. Or chose not to.

Now, I think, he/she understands the degree of madness the perp has, but first, it is a close relative, and second, there is fear of him.

I think the car is a ruse - to see if the person they now believe is the killer will come forward and put himself in the spotlight or will he refuse to identify himself. They know who was in the car, who owns the car IMO. After what they said at the PC, I think they invited people who saw the car/drove the car/sat in the car to identify themselves knowing if they spooked the real killer, he would not know what to do - to come forward as he had before to throw the investigation off course, or to hide out. If he hid out, they know he's the real killer and they succeeded at scaring him.

The thing about the vehicle and the CPS building, it was said to be parked not in the parking lot but along the side of the road (Per GH, I think it was when he bought the satellite image, he stated that on his video).

That is just really strange and would stand out. Why park along the side of the road and not in the parking lot? Would he be that stupid to park in such an conspicuous place?

It wouldn't be a searchers vehicle at that time. The search didn't intensify until after 4:00 and LE was not notified until after 5:00. Any initial searchers would have ample parking near the trailhead along the side of the road there, at the cemetery at Mears property....

The word abandoned has been scrutinized. The word abandoned makes more sense if a vehicle is left along the side of a road rather than in a parking lot.

Just throwing out some thoughts on this.

That "one tip" may already have come in perhaps... but a second good tip wouldn't hurt, either, and LE may be in no big hurry, espec if they feel the girls were targeted (as do I).

LE may be just shoring things up, their eye on assuring a conviction rather than arresting prematurely if they still have evidence being tested ("we are just now beginning") or if they are waiting for some personal alliances to break down in order to get someone (or a group of people?) to break down and talk.

Something stunning happened to bring about that 4/22 PC.

Rather than feel dismayed to see NBG's face (the sketch) I see it as a major breakthrough. Someone LIED to LE. They KNOW that now.

I think the car request is, as someone else suggested here, a means to ascertain which specific males were in the vicinity of the suspect vehicle that day at that time... to help in narrowing things down from a wider group of suspects certain evidentiary results may have handed them.

I think the vehicle carried BG and one other person. Maybe that person hung out while BG was with the girls. It wasn't supposed to end this way, IMO. Now this "other person" (NBG) is afraid to OUT BG. The NBG sketch may be of this other person (who was seen by someone in the vicinity of the car that day) ... this person may have been indirectly "responsible for the murders" ... yet is not himself BG.

LE may have lied when they said NBG sketch is the person on bridge with girls, to prompt BG to act (in order to protect NBG, whom BG knows was not on bridge). Maybe they are not really the same person, it's instead a ruse LE is using to force BG to talk or act?

Maybe BG was there to intercept the girls for some reason and things got way out of hand. Maybe girls knew sonething. Or maybe something had happened between one of the girls and "the other person" (NBG) such as (an example only!) an earlier SA or physical contact, something along those lines... so BG was trying to "fix" it but was too forceful, girls fought back, injury occurred, BG then felt he had to finish things off, and did so.

BG is not only a murderer but a coward who is letting NBG stand in as the "face" of the killer when NBG is not really the killer at all. I think LE is trying to work on BG's protective instinct toward NBG by using NBG as a fall guy but so far the cowardly BG is still not talking.

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Agree, I think this is where I'm at right now too.

The mother of one of the two young girls found murdered on a hiking trail in Delphi, Indiana, is speaking out, more than two years after her daughter's death.

In an interview with WTHR, Anna Williams said she never thought she'd be facing the reality that her daughter's killer is still out there.

"I thought we would frankly have this solved three months ago," Williams said.

continued

Investigators told WTHR that they've received 4,000 tips in the case and cleared through roughly half of them - but have no updated information to release.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/delphi-girls-killed-mother-speaks-out-563852981.html

I wish the case had been solved three months ago too. What a nightmare for the girl’s families.

Assuming BG hasn't killed again, I think there are many possible reasons:

If BG is a serial killer then he may be in a 'cooling off period'. After a murder a serial killer will often revert back to his 'normal' life. It can last days, months, or years before the urge to kill again becomes overwhelming. This fits with the info released at the presser which states something to the effect that BG is hiding in plain sight.

Another reason he may not have killed again could be because of the intense media pressure. Since seeing his face 'revealed' at the April presser he might be being very mindful of his behaviour and demeanour so as not to attract suspicion in a small community and/or secretly getting a thrill out of being hunted by LE. Perhaps pulling the wool over everyone's eyes, and evading LE is satisfying his sick urges. This would lead one to infer that he is not disorganized or impulsive, but rather very much in control of himself.

Whatever variable(s) triggered the murders may no longer be an influence in his life. For example, if a bad breakup with a girlfriend triggered the attack, but he has since gotten happily married, he may not ever kill again. Or if the stress of unemployment was a trigger for the murders, but he has since found a steady job, he may not ever kill again. Or he may have been on drugs at the time of the murders, but has since gone through rehab and gotten sober.

If Libby and Abby's murders were targeted, and not random, then he may not have any reason to kill again. Didn't LE seem to imply that the community is not in danger?

Maybe BG didn't wan't to kill the girls...his plan may have been to assault but not murder. Things went astray when the girls fought or ran. The murders may have only served the purpose of silencing the witnesses. He may not have enjoyed that part of the attack. He might even have some regret or remorse. Didn't DC appeal to some remaining consicience?

JMO and ideas.

MOO only. The perp needed to eliminate one of the girls who he viewed as a dangerous witness.

I think it started totally innocent. Maybe one of the girls took a photo of him (I assume he was a good-looking high schooler), and suddenly saw a photobomb - him standing too close to another, younger, guy, for example. Or him holding the hand of a young married woman.

Or, one of the girls was chatting with BG (he has fake profiles, of course). And BG, like many people, was chatting with two people and accidentally sent the girl something intensely private, meant for another person.

Anyhow. I think the girl was Libby. And her own phone. That she needed to reset. I think he, BG, persuaded her to do it. Begged, maybe. To erase photos/conversations that it contained.

Only it was not enough for BG. Libby was a witness to his secret, and a dangerous one.

He traced her. He knew about the day off. Abby was a bystander.

I think the key lies in that information that had been removed from the phone. I wonder if something is still recoverable from the cloud?

The mother of one of the two young girls found murdered on a hiking trail in Delphi, Indiana, is speaking out, more than two years after her daughter's death.

In an interview with WTHR, Anna Williams said she never thought she'd be facing the reality that her daughter's killer is still out there.

"I thought we would frankly have this solved three months ago," Williams said.

continued

Investigators told WTHR that they've received 4,000 tips in the case and cleared through roughly half of them - but have no updated information to release.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/delphi-girls-killed-mother-speaks-out-563852981.html

I wish the case had been solved three months ago too. What a nightmare for the girl’s families.

I wonder why she specifically said 3 months ago? I find that curious. What was going on during that point in time in the investigation?

I've thought some form of misogyny possibly came into play. Killer could be an involuntary celibate, "an incel". It's an actual mental illness, it's even turned into an internet subculture. It's heartbreaking really, to read about how young men can feel so desolate and unloved that they turn violent.

I'm not making excuses at all for BG's actions. It just breaks my mommy heart thinking that it's possible a little love could have made all the difference.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but incels haven't made it into the DSM...what are we on, five or six, yet? They are hate filled, not because mommy and daddy didn't love them enough, but because they didn't get their way sexually with one or more girls or women. Their singular goal is to kill as many females as they can. I don't pity them by any stretch. I've listened to some of the trash that they produce and put out on the web to 'encorage' each other. All I hear are narcissistic psychopaths who are convinced that the only reason a female would reject them is because she's too stupid and pathetic to understand how lucky she is to be merely in their presence. The incel who killed in California and uploaded a video manifesto shortly beforehand, was around 20. He had a life full of advantages and privileges that most people would never even dream of. moo, incels aren't unloved, they're entitled, selfish misogynists.

Hi, long time lurker from the UK in bed with flu so attempting to read all the comments on this thread. I'm in the 'Bieber haircut' mindset and I notice he appears to have a very heavy jaw, possibly an underbite? Find this heartbreaking and the last PC was fascinating to watch. He was barely keeping it together and I assume it was scripted? I've got a lot of reading to do.

I wonder why she specifically said 3 months ago? I find that curious. What was going on during that point in time in the investigation?

I totally agree with you, to just pick "3 months" out of thin air seems strange, I think I would have just naturally said "months ago" unless I had a specific reason to quantify. I'm wondering if she has a POI in mind, and am wondering what that person had going on in July...hmm??

Hi, long time lurker from the UK in bed with flu so attempting to read all the comments on this thread. I'm in the 'Bieber haircut' mindset and I notice he appears to have a very heavy jaw, possibly an underbite? Find this heartbreaking and the last PC was fascinating to watch. He was barely keeping it together and I assume it was scripted? I've got a lot of reading to do.
Welcome!

You could be reading for a week! You might want to start with the media thread. You should be able to find a link to it on the first page of every thread.

Have some soup and feel better. Glad you are chiming in! Stay with us!

I totally agree with you, to just pick "3 months" out of thin air seems strange, I think I would have just naturally said "months ago" unless I had a specific reason to quantify. I'm wondering if she has a POI in mind, and am wondering what that person had going on in July...hmm??
It does seem specific, and it could be she suspected someone. She also said:

"I really hoped we would have it wrapped up by July. I mean we all just hoped this is it this is the homestretch today is the day anytime now and it’s still coming," said Anna Williams, mother of Abby.

6 months after new sketch released on Delphi murder suspect

But I can also see the mindset of them simply hoping for resolution within a few months of the PC. Maybe they felt the same way after the first sketch was released, too. It's hope for an end.

It is extremely curious that Anna referred to having the case wrapped up by July. I think it is possible that LE was waiting on some evidence that was expected to be processed within 3 months. Or as you have alluded to, they have a POI in mind and something about his lifestyle (maybe coming back to Delphi after school let out) was changing in the late spring or early summer.

I wonder if, like some of us, the case that is featured in my signature gave family some false hope the murderer was already in custody at that time.

We are still waiting, unfortunately on several possible POIs to be cleared.

Wheels of justice are in slow motion it seems.

MOO

After reading Hockeymom’s post from last night, and thinking about the recurring question of whether or not BG could be a serial killer, I was wondering what all your thoughts are on this:

If cell phones with cameras and audio/video recording capabilities had been around when they all were active, do you think being recorded by a victim, like BG was by Liberty, would have put an end to other serial killers’ crime sprees? Would it have been enough to make someone stop? If it were almost 3 years past the crime and they hadn’t been arrested, would it have just made them more brazen and feel like they wouldn’t get caught? Would it have deterred people like Bundy, Radar, Keyes, Gacey, Little? Others?

~RIP M+J

After reading Hockeymom’s post from last night, and thinking about the recurring question of whether or not BG could be a serial killer, I was wondering what all your thoughts are on this:

If cell phones with cameras and audio/video recording capabilities had been around when they all were active, do you think being recorded by a victim, like BG was by Liberty, would have put an end to other serial killers’ crime sprees? Would it have been enough to make someone stop? If it were almost 3 years past the crime and they hadn’t been arrested, would it have just made them more brazen and feel like they wouldn’t get caught? Would it have deterred people like Bundy, Radar, Keyes, Gacey, Little? Others?

~RIP M+J
Interesting question. IMO, for some cases, I don't think really anything short of being arrested or dying would have stopped them. Determining factors like why they killed, their mental health, etc. could play a role. As far as BG, who's likely now aware he was filmed, it might depend wholly on what his motive for killing was to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz