MI MI - Adrienne Quintal, 47, called for help, foul play possible, Honor, Benzie Co., 17 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boyfriend named person of interest in disappearance of Benzie County woman

"In any investigation the last person that sees somebody alive, we want to get as much information from them as possible. In the beginning, he was cooperative but has since not been cooperative and has retained an attorney which is fine that's all normal standard procedure," said Sheriff Ted Schendel. "We're continuing to investigate and take all of the puzzle pieces and put them together."

SABBM

The boyfriend has stopped cooperating with LE. Ugh. Not good.
I wish they would have named him so we can gather more info.

MOO.

Some good graphics from a UK source:
as-graphic-map-usa-detroit-michigan-V2.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000534052492-e1572016193459.jpg

Woman mysteriously vanishes after frantically calling pal at 3am saying she was in danger

SABBM

The boyfriend has stopped cooperating with LE. Ugh. Not good.
I wish they would have named him so we can gather more info.

MOO.
Sometimes retaining a lawyer is just good sense. If I was completely innocent of something but felt police were only looking at me or treating me like I was lying, I would probably get a lawyer. We have seen many cases where police and everyone else were sure they had the right guy/gal only to find out it was someone that wasn’t even on their radar. Not saying it’s the case here,but it happens.

I am curious when and why he stopped cooperating. And what does “cooperating” mean? It could mean he answered all their questions, voluntarily gave dna, submitted to a polygraph. Or he could have stopped “cooperating” when he was caught in a lie when answering questions or when they asked for dna or for a polygraph.

Sometimes retaining a lawyer is just good sense. If I was completely innocent of something but felt police were only looking at me or treating me like I was lying, I would probably get a lawyer. We have seen many cases where police and everyone else were sure they had the right guy/gal only to find out it was someone that wasn’t even on their radar. Not saying it’s the case here,but it happens.

I am curious when and why he stopped cooperating. And what does “cooperating” mean? It could mean he answered all their questions, voluntarily gave dna, submitted to a polygraph. Or he could have stopped “cooperating” when he was caught in a lie when answering questions or when they asked for dna or for a polygraph.

I agree in principle that it's wise to hire a lawyer when talking to the police. However, I was much more open to the possibility of this being a random crime before reading that the only person police have called a POI has stopped cooperating. I guess for me it's all the pieces adding up and that last tidbit was the straw that broke the camel's back. MOO.

So far we know:

1. AQ made a call for help to a close family friend (not her boyfriend) at 3 AM.
2. There were signs of foul play when police arrived at the cabin.
3. A boyfriend, who has not been named, has been called a POI by police.
4. The boyfriend was the last person to see AQ (and has not made any pleas for her return/asked for help finding her).
5. The boyfriend lawyered up and stopped cooperating (And police for some reason revealed to the press that he wasn't cooperating).

Maybe he's totally innocent and is simply protecting his legal rights and his privacy. But this sure reminds me of the very beginning of the Kelsey Berreth case. :eek:

MOO.

I agree in principle that it's wise to hire a lawyer when talking to the police. However, I was much more open to the possibility of this being a random crime before reading that the only person police have called a POI has stopped cooperating. I guess for me it's all the pieces adding up and that last tidbit was the straw that broke the camel's back. MOO.

So far we know:

1. AQ made a call for help to a close family friend (not her boyfriend) at 3 AM.
2. There were signs of foul play when police arrived at the cabin.
3. A boyfriend, who has not been named, has been called a POI by police.
4. The boyfriend was the last person to see AQ (and has not made any pleas for her return/asked for help finding her).
5. The boyfriend lawyered up and stopped cooperating (And police for some reason revealed to the press that he wasn't cooperating).

Maybe he's totally innocent and is simply protecting his legal rights and his privacy. But this sure reminds me of the very beginning of the Kelsey Berreth case. :eek:

MOO.
Yes unfortunately IMO this won’t end well in all likelihood

Ada with her son:
20051560-7601767-image-a-59_1571772578486.jpg

Map showing areas searched:
20051536-7601767-He_shared_a_map_that_showed_in_red_where_authorities_had_looked_-a-6_1571880758271.jpg

'We were actually searching almost like the back swampy area from Little Platte Lake up into some very thick hunting woods along Indian Hill Road,' CERT public information officer Glenn Zaring told 9 & 10 News.

'We spent the entire day Saturday up until about 4.30pm, actually going out doing sweeps of these areas.'

The team has a sophisticated system to help them figure out where someone could be.

------------------------
Search team picture shows a travel trailer covered with a tarp in the background-- is this on the property where she went missing?
20050042-7601767-_We_were_actually_searching_almost_like_the_back_swampy_area_fro-a-7_1571880758273.jpg

Michigan mother Adrienne Quintal, 47, missing 5 days after call to friend for help from remote cabin | Daily Mail Online

Ada with her son:
20051560-7601767-image-a-59_1571772578486.jpg

Map showing areas searched:
20051536-7601767-He_shared_a_map_that_showed_in_red_where_authorities_had_looked_-a-6_1571880758271.jpg

------------------------
Search team picture shows a travel trailer covered with a tarp in the background-- is this on the property where she went missing?
20050042-7601767-_We_were_actually_searching_almost_like_the_back_swampy_area_fro-a-7_1571880758273.jpg

Michigan mother Adrienne Quintal, 47, missing 5 days after call to friend for help from remote cabin | Daily Mail Online

I haven't seen the property address or confirmation that this image is from the property, but it would make sense if it was or at least very nearby. There is building visible in this screenshot. MOO

Screen Shot 2019-10-26 at 1.19.38 PM.png
WXYZ Detroit on Twitter
(video of the area begins around :42)

Also adding another video (reposting from upthread) that shows the main road, and driveway heading into that property: upnorthlive.com on Twitter

Search around cabin turns up no sign of missing Michigan woman
On Saturday, Oct. 19, Benzie County Sheriff’s Office, Benzie County Office of Emergency Management and the local Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) searched the area around the cabin to no avail, a news release from the sheriff’s office said.

Woman went missing after making distress call, police suspect foul play
SABBM:
Sheriff Ted Schendel said Wednesday that he couldn't release specific details on the signs of foul play that investigators found as they try to determine what happened to 47-year-old Adrienne Quintal, who went by the first name of Ada.

He called her boyfriend a "subject of interest" and said investigators have talked with him and family. Schendel said no one is in custody or being held in the case.

Authorities were told that she made a phone call from the house to a friend about 2:45 a.m. Oct. 17. Schendel said the call was frantic, saying she was in danger.

Schendel said he couldn't say any more about the call to the friend or the signs of foul play because of the investigation.

He said he didn't know why Quintal didn't call 911. He said her friend was the last person to hear from her. Schendel said authorities are trying to put "the pieces of the puzzle together."

Schendel said "we don't believe she's here anymore," adding that other agencies are looking for her downstate.

It goes without saying, so I'll go ahead and say it:

This is a case of foul play.

It's likely that this is a domestic incident vs. stranger abduction.

Interesting that LE believes she was removed from the area.
If they're looking downstate, clearly, they believe she was moved via vehicle.

In addition to doing forensic testing on whatever evidence LE found in the cabin pointing to foul play,
LE will no doubt also be collecting evidence r/t cell phone pings, gps tracking data, etc., to determine her bf's movements that day and in the hours/days following.

As we've seen in so many cases here, digital/cell phone info is often a critical tool for LE in their search efforts.

Schendel's statement that they "don't believe she's here anymore," could be read in more than one way.
He likely meant that they don't believe she's physically in the area of the cabin at this time.

Sadly, I think she's no longer among the land of the living.

AQ's not here anymore.

JMO.

Not so sure. Wouldn't it take more than that to be certain? (If by foul play, they mean homicide.) Those things alone could indicate self disappearance, even suicide.

Whatever the reason, AQ has been missing for over a week. She doesn't have her purse (wallet, identification, etc.). She doesn't have her phone (unless she has more than one). She didn't leave the cabin in her car. No one has mentioned anything about AQ being depressed or suicidal, and I don't subscribe to a "disappearing act". Sadly, I think AQ was abducted and/or murdered. Who had motive to harm this woman?

I’m wondering if she had broken up with him and wanted to stay at the cabin to put space in between them before they made decisions on packing up/moving apart etc.
Even people who are generally nonviolent can become violent if provoked and breakups are a huge source of perceived betrayal and resentment... just thinking out loud..

Not so sure. Wouldn't it take more than that to be certain? (If by foul play, they mean homicide.) Those things alone could indicate self disappearance, even suicide.

I agree. I think there had to be something more for police to say the scene suggested foul play. We have seen suicide cases where the person just walks away and leaves all their personal items behind at home. I don't think this is suicide, however, because the words "signs of foul play" have been used. Police don't use that phrase lightly. They likely found something alarming that they are not telling the public about in order to protect the investigation. MOO.

And the call for help ... at this point I think all we know is that it was a call for help and that she was "in danger." Who knows what else was said or what the call recipient was able to gather from this distress call. MOO

A Michigan woman called a friend saying she was in danger. She hasn't been seen since.

I think LE deliberately "paraphrased" what AQ said on her frantic call to her friend.

I don't think she called her friend and said, "I'm in danger."
I think she conveyed that message with much more specificity, i.e., who was there, what was happening that made her so frantic.

I suspect the friend heard more than just AQ's voice on the call.
She likely heard another noises, i.e. someone else yelling, doors banging, etc.

I think LE has a very good idea of who was with her that night, and it's a matter of both collecting and analyzing evidence.

"Evidence of foul play" could include things like interior doors (bedroom, bathroom, etc.) being busted in, broken glass, blood, etc.

I read "evidence of foul play" to mean that there were signs of a violent struggle not just that her car keys, phone and car were all still there.

JMO.

IMO
If someone called or texted me, I might not answer at 2:45 am because I'm sleeping. I believe she was sleeping too when she awoke startled when someone tried to get into cabin.
I believe she contacted someone she knew would be awake at that time and could handle calling 911 for her and knew the cabinet's address.
The BF is always a suspect and I would get a lawyer too.

Praying for her and family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member