The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with most of your post but the profile in Tatler doesn't appear to be authorised, they're using a photo of her from an old shoot for another magazine and the issue is about her divisiveness

Oh, ok, I always thought Tatler was the original high society gossipy lifestyle mag... a step up from the tabloids? I see Kate Middleton has been profiled as well.

And, from what I’ve seen of Meghan's profile it’s favorable, stating a slim majority in Britain think she’s good for the monarchy.

I remember they thought that of Fergie, too. That really didn’t end well.

Which is maybe the hidden lesson... the monarchy survives the tests of time alleged cobwebs and all.

Last edited:
I agree. Lawsuit covers the publishing of Meghan’s letter to her father, imo.

For all the exposure Meghan is receiving, she has courted it, she has guest edited Vogue, bared how she feels in the documentary, and will be profiled in Tattler. And that’s just in the last few months.

Like anyone who courts this kind of publicity there will be a response. And there will be blowback. That’s the game of PR.

Maybe Harry has had a much quieter profile before he married. And, all this new media focus is re-traumatizing for him. But if he puts two and two together? Maybe breaking out on their own, outside the umbrella of Buckingham Palace has only invited the tabloids to the table.

I have no doubt there are leaks. The modernizing of the monarchy is not a new concept either. But I think where the controversy and resentment comes in is it’s unacceptable when it comes from another country, like the USA.

Agreed, though I think it’s less a USA/UK thing and more that someone who married into the family a year ago and created a logo for Instagram thinks she’s changed the course of history.

The Queen TRULY modernized the monarchy when she eliminated the preference for males in the line of succession for her great grandchildren. That truly did change the institution for the future.

What did H&M do? Besides create a logo and decide to treat their Instagram account like a celebrity non-profit page. They are not the first philanthropists and most philanthropists don’t just whine to the press about how difficult a job it is.

Buckingham Palace 101: A Commoner's Guide to Working For Queen Elizabeth

An interesting overview...

Working for the monarchy is like no other experience. They also train their employees in a very unique industry. For those that have living quarters and meals that’s an enormous part of the compensation package. And there are other perks.

Like a couple of other fields of work some of the best most rewarding jobs are not highly compensated...

Last edited:
how many staff are there? Do any live on site?

How do they get away with paying poorly?

The prestige of working for the Royal Family is huge. It's very impressive on a resume.
Some staff do have accommodations. I think there are other perks like meals included as well.

I've seen people here talking about a country home belonging to Harry and Meghan. What and where is that?

An interesting overview...

Working for the monarchy is like no other experience. They also train their employees in a very unique industry. For those that have living quarters and meals that’s an enormous part of the compensation package. And there are other perks.

Like a couple of other fields of work some of the best most rewarding jobs are not highly compensated...

that is super interesting. A lot to read. I read about the environmental aspects. They have a lot of things they do.

I see Harry and Meghan did events before their marriage. Were they attacked then as well?

that is super interesting. A lot to read. I read about the environmental aspects. They have a lot of things they do.

I see Harry and Meghan did events before their marriage. Were they attacked then as well?

Bbm: I think this collection of threads is one of the best resources to know where H&M went off the rails.

I’ll add, Harry wrote an open letter to the press when he began dating Meghan in 2016.

So, the press has always been an issue. For Harry especially.

Kate and William have cultivated a different relationship with the press as was evident on their trip to Pakistan. Or, the joy of George and Charlotte on their first day of school. —Kate and William roll with it.

I believe people have tried to help Harry, but the advice is not being taken.

H&M have the added complication of the American side, and Meghan’s family who have been the real source of attacks on her. And visa versa. Whoever approved of her girlfriends speaking for her to People Mag was a huge mistake.

So much stuff is kind of trivial, the fashion is much fun, but one thing I’ve learned here is how strongly the Brits, the U.K. feel about the BRF.

William and Kate Launch Attack on Paparazzi Pursuing Prince George

The palace is taking a big risk by effectively asking the public to boycott magazines which publish pap pics of George.

Will it work? Unlikely. The letter looks rather pathetic, and the ‘poor me’ tone is unlikely to impress anyone.

But one can fully understand why Wiliam and Kate would be prepared to give it a shot.

https://www.newidea.com.au/kate-middleton-nude-photos

Getty
Express reported that the royal couple's anger was visible when they began their Jubilee tour.

When they exited their plane at the Bunga Raya VIP area at Kuala Lumpur International Airport, the Duke of Cambridge had a fixed look and clenched his teeth in displeasure at the invasion of privacy.

While the Duchess offered some smiles to her husband when they left the car, she also appeared to be frustrated, before placing a comforting hand on William's back.

I'm loving the look. These styles of dresses really do look royal!
princess-charlene-gown-z.jpg

Hell Magazine Canada - Red Cross Gala (2019)
Queen-Letizia-of-Spain-in-Stella-McCartney-King-Willem-Alexander-of-The-Netherlands-Birthday-Party.jpg

Queen Letizia of Spain in Stella McCartney - 2017. Getty Images/RCFX

All good examples of a rabid paparazzi five, ten years ago, human.

Since then, Kate and William have found their lane with the press. Imo. Every photo op looks effortless, and they look truly comfortable and happy.

I read they were wonderful with a massive amount of reporters on the plane scare due to bad weather that grounded them in Lahore Pakistan for an extra night. They made sure everyone was taken care of. Personally went down the aisles of the plane to comfort everyone.

Every high profile person deals with the press. Harry and Meghan had some discreet friends when they were dating that helped a lot. I’ve seen no intrusive paparazzi imaging of either of them or Archie.

I think Harry is upset by all the negative comments and there’s not much to be done about that.

You either take it on or lay a little lower. Everyone in the BRF who lays a little lower has a much easier time of it. Imo.

I thought Crown Prince Haakon of Norway looked particularly royal in his well-appointed regalia for the Japanese Emperor's Coronation ceremony last week:

shutterstock_editorial_10452586c.jpg

And I am in adoration for this gorgeous tiara and beautiful dress and cape that Crown Princess Mary of Denmark wore. She looks like a modern-day Cinderella.
gettyimages-1182654970.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F03a04e25-b328-4b27-92eb-08a3b452f4eb

All good examples of a rabid paparazzi five, ten years ago, human.

Since then, Kate and William have found their lane with the press. Imo. Every photo op looks effortless, and they look truly comfortable and happy.

I read they were wonderful with a massive amount of reporters on the plane scare due to bad weather that grounded them in Lahore Pakistan for an extra night. They made sure everyone was taken care of. Personally went down the aisles of the plane to comfort everyone.

Every high profile person deals with the press. Harry and Meghan had some discreet friends when they were dating that helped a lot. I’ve seen no intrusive paparazzi imaging of either of them or Archie.

I think Harry is upset by all the negative comments and there’s not much to be done about that.

You either take it on or lay a little lower. Everyone in the BRF who lays a little lower has a much easier time of it. Imo.

Not to mention, photos of children and topless photos taken with a huge telephoto lens from like a mile away is a whole 'nother issue. AFAIK, neither of those things have happened to Megan or Harry. As I recall, the nude shots of Harry were taken by a "partygoer," not the press.

“The Queen's staff are sworn to secrecy about her daily outfits for Royal Ascot, her confidante and personal adviser has revealed.

Angela Kelly, 51, claims she has to 'physically lock away' Her Majesty's chosen ensemble in her bedroom to avoid the secret getting out as punters bet hundreds of thousands on what colour she'll wear to the racecourse.

In her new book The Other Side of the Coin: The Queen, the Dresser and the Wardrobe, which is out on October 29, Angela - who started in the Royal Household in 1994 as assistant dresser - revealed they even go so far as to plant 'decoys.'

'Every day of the equestrian festival, hundreds of thousand are staked on the colour of The Queen's hat or dress,' the Telegraph reports.”

The Queen's Ascot outfits are 'physically locked away', her personal adviser Angela Kelly claims | Daily Mail Online

9979B159-BE78-4017-A53E-EA88BDDD3364.jpeg

It never occurred to me before that people would put bets on regarding what Her Majesty was wearing.

Please stay on topic in this thread. It's really just simply about the Royal Family (so no comprehensive discussion about mental health, gender equity, vaccinations, the environment ... or any other cause they have ever been involved with or may be involved with in the future).

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member