The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
“The Queen's staff are sworn to secrecy about her daily outfits for Royal Ascot, her confidante and personal adviser has revealed.

Angela Kelly, 51, claims she has to 'physically lock away' Her Majesty's chosen ensemble in her bedroom to avoid the secret getting out as punters bet hundreds of thousands on what colour she'll wear to the racecourse.

In her new book The Other Side of the Coin: The Queen, the Dresser and the Wardrobe, which is out on October 29, Angela - who started in the Royal Household in 1994 as assistant dresser - revealed they even go so far as to plant 'decoys.'

'Every day of the equestrian festival, hundreds of thousand are staked on the colour of The Queen's hat or dress,' the Telegraph reports.”

View attachment 211606It never occurred to me before that people would put bets on regarding what Her Majesty was wearing.

I'm sure The Queen gets a good laugh out of the decoy hats and trying to beat the wagers.

HSH Charlene represented South Africa in the 2000 Olympics in Sydney, AU.

Charlene Wittstock « Monaco

Swimming explains that physique!

She is stunning and the twins are cute! We need to talk about Monaco's sassy royal twins

image from link

princessgabriella-princejacques-monaco-2-26-19-028.jpg

“The Queen's staff are sworn to secrecy about her daily outfits for Royal Ascot, her confidante and personal adviser has revealed.

Angela Kelly, 51, claims she has to 'physically lock away' Her Majesty's chosen ensemble in her bedroom to avoid the secret getting out as punters bet hundreds of thousands on what colour she'll wear to the racecourse.

In her new book The Other Side of the Coin: The Queen, the Dresser and the Wardrobe, which is out on October 29, Angela - who started in the Royal Household in 1994 as assistant dresser - revealed they even go so far as to plant 'decoys.'

'Every day of the equestrian festival, hundreds of thousand are staked on the colour of The Queen's hat or dress,' the Telegraph reports.”

The Queen's Ascot outfits are 'physically locked away', her personal adviser Angela Kelly claims | Daily Mail Online

View attachment 211606

It never occurred to me before that people would put bets on regarding what Her Majesty was wearing.

It's an Ascot tradition to bet on the colour of the Queen's hat each day. I like to think that she chooses at least one hat each year that will really stump people.

All good examples of a rabid paparazzi five, ten years ago, human.

Since then, Kate and William have found their lane with the press. Imo. Every photo op looks effortless, and they look truly comfortable and happy.

I read they were wonderful with a massive amount of reporters on the plane scare due to bad weather that grounded them in Lahore Pakistan for an extra night. They made sure everyone was taken care of. Personally went down the aisles of the plane to comfort everyone.

Every high profile person deals with the press. Harry and Meghan had some discreet friends when they were dating that helped a lot. I’ve seen no intrusive paparazzi imaging of either of them or Archie.

I think Harry is upset by all the negative comments and there’s not much to be done about that.

You either take it on or lay a little lower. Everyone in the BRF who lays a little lower has a much easier time of it. Imo.

I think the point human is trying to make is that William and Kate have had their disputes with the press, at least as recently as 2017 over photos of George. They have stood up to them (with a lawsuit) and set firm boundaries. Now there seems to be mutual respect.

So Harry and Meghan are also setting boundaries, following in William and Kate’s footsteps, including filing a lawsuit. They have a right to pick their battles, even if we don’t agree with them. Revealing Meghan’s letter to her father is just as hurtful as Kate being photographed topless IMO. We may not have seen inappropriate photos, but that doesn’t mean that paparazzi haven’t been lurking and intruding and making their life unpleasant. Hopefully, as with William and Kate, taking a stand will create a boundary that everyone can respect.

This article is dated 10/22 and contains the statement we’ve discussed:
The source added that the institution around the British royal family is full of people afraid of and inexperienced at how to best help harness and deploy the value of the royal couple who, they said, have single-handedly modernized the monarchy.

I take everything with a large shaker of salt!

Oh I think the lawsuit over the letter is totally justified, absolutely.

Every member of the BRF has had issues with the press, big time.

The tabloid press became giant business during the 80’s...

The Archbishop who married H&M is sticking up for them and he said they are entitled to a break from all of this. That’s very nice and supportive of him.

Lilibet, your point about lurking and intrusion is right on. Just the feeling as though one is being watched is horrible.

Buckingham Palace is a fortress. Frogmore, maybe not so much?

We’ve certainly covered all the PR angles. I still hope they’ll get a better team that can help them navigate through what is really a train wreck of publicity, lately.

We’ve certainly covered all the PR angles. I still hope they’ll get a better team that can help them navigate through what is really a train wreck of publicity, lately.

The funny thing is, we really don’t know who is handling their PR. A California firm was mentioned, but who knows if it’s true? The papers are very careful never to give the name of the person they’re quoting...it’s always “sources”, “insiders,” etc. For all we know it’s the kitchen help!

Admittedly, the lawsuit letter and the documentary revelations from their own mouths didn’t come across well (and the video was edited don’t forget), but at least we know the source. I’m not going to believe anything unless it’s a named source. Even Meghan’s “friends” who spoke up awhile back could actually be “frenemies” for all we know...but Meghan gets blamed for what they said. Same thing with “clearing the stands” at Wimbledon. Who knows if the article by Katie Something yesterday about Meghan seeking publicity several years ago is true or embellished? We are forming opinions based on what may (or may not) be lies or half truths twisted to look bad. Are we being manipulated? Food for thought IMO.

“The Queen had only one request for her appearance with James Bond at the opening of the 2012 London Olympics – that she could deliver the line: 'Good evening, Mr Bond.'

Her dressmaker and confidante Angela Kelly reveals in a new book it took 'just five minutes' to persuade Her Majesty to agree to director Danny Boyle's request for her to appear alongside Daniel Craig in the famous footage of her appearing to parachute into the Olympic Stadium.

Mrs Kelly, the Queen's dresser of 25 years, tells how she was called to a meeting with Boyle and private secretary Edward Young to discuss the idea in 2011.”

Queen's dresser reveals how Her Majesty insisted on talking to 007 in Olympics clip | Daily Mail Online

2F68D520-795F-451B-AE87-6C9AFA99D3B9.jpeg

The royal christening gown worn by Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis was dyed in Yorkshire Tea, Angela Kelly reveals in her latest book.

She tells of the unusual lengths she went to as she tried to ensure that the silk and lace garment – a replica of the royal christening gown commissioned by Queen Victoria for her eldest daughter in 1841 – was just the right colour.

She had to first travel to Italy to find the lace before returning to England to make the garment. She said: ‘To make sure it looked authentic we dyed it in Yorkshire Tea (the strongest, as we all know).

Gown worn by William and Kate's three babies for christening was dyed in Yorkshire Tea | Daily Mail Online

475E88EF-FA27-4315-9C20-0DF223C96212.jpeg

“Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are reportedly considering relocating to the United States for much of the year.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are said to be considering a move to California.

The potential US move would give the couple a "second base" on the other side of the Atlantic.

Meghan was born in LA in California and her mum Doria Ragland still lives in the state.

A royal source told The Sun : "There’s an acceptance that things haven’t worked out with the Sussexes full-time in Windsor so they could have a second base in America.”

Meghan and Harry 'thinking about relocating to US for much of the year'

F4444F50-FBB3-4403-8103-8F12F505DE26.jpeg

It will be a shame if this does happen but they must do whatever makes them happy. I don’t know how it would work when Archie starts school. The Duchess must feel homesick and miss her Mum. I dread to think about the price of the home they will need in California that provides the security and privacy they will need.

From the article:
“A spokesman for the Sussexes did not comment on the claims when approached by The Sun.”

So clearly “a Royal source” is not speaking on behalf of the Sussexes or the spokesman for the Sussexes would have commented.

That doesn’t mean the story isn’t true, but it’s not an official story, so for all we know it’s false. Just keeping it real. :D

“Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are reportedly considering relocating to the United States for much of the year.

The potential US move would give the couple a "second base" on the other side of the Atlantic.

Meghan was born in LA in California and her mum Doria Ragland still lives in the state.

A royal source told The Sun : "There’s an acceptance that things haven’t worked out with the Sussexes full-time in Windsor so they could have a second base in America.”

View attachment 211693

It will be a shame if this does happen but they must do whatever makes them happy. I don’t know how it would work when Archie starts school. The Duchess must feel homesick and miss her Mum. I dread to think about the price of the home they will need in California that provides the security and privacy they will need.
BBM

“The Queen had only one request for her appearance with James Bond at the opening of the 2012 London Olympics – that she could deliver the line: 'Good evening, Mr Bond.'

Her dressmaker and confidante Angela Kelly reveals in a new book it took 'just five minutes' to persuade Her Majesty to agree to director Danny Boyle's request for her to appear alongside Daniel Craig in the famous footage of her appearing to parachute into the Olympic Stadium.

Mrs Kelly, the Queen's dresser of 25 years, tells how she was called to a meeting with Boyle and private secretary Edward Young to discuss the idea in 2011.”

Queen's dresser reveals how Her Majesty insisted on talking to 007 in Olympics clip | Daily Mail Online

View attachment 211683

I love everything about this!

View attachment 211693

when was the last time she lived in California?

I find it hard to believe she would choose to live where there are fires, earthquakes and random shootings.

little Archie would never have the freedom that he has in England.

If she misses her mother, mom can come and visit. There are lots of fun things to do in England.

Remember the stories of how mom was going to be a nanny to Archie? The rumors fly wild.

There is a lot of interesting information in here. It seems like she did not live in California for a long time. She went to Northwestern which is by Chicago. It is a very selective school.

She has been involved in humanitarian work for quite awhile.

I think it would be rather difficult to do all of their work from the US. They have their staff for their various activities.

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex - Wikipedia

From the article:
“A spokesman for the Sussexes did not comment on the claims when approached by The Sun.”

So clearly “a Royal source” is not speaking on behalf of the Sussexes or the spokesman for the Sussexes would have commented.

That doesn’t mean the story isn’t true, but it’s not an official story, so for all we know it’s false. Just keeping it real. :D

BBM

It is too late now I’ve already found them a house in Beverly Hills it’s only $79,900,000 or £68,303,648.63 It’s not Buckingham Palace but it will have to do.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1175-N-Hillcrest-Rd-Beverly-Hills-CA-90210/20534638_zpid/?

C442607D-66BF-4C1D-A2B8-AEE475929FB4.jpeg 7BAD906A-DB3D-456D-9EBE-D622DCE3DD38.jpeg CD58F6BA-9C59-4940-B769-4FC411214787.jpeg

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
The royal christening gown worn by Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis was dyed in Yorkshire Tea, Angela Kelly reveals in her latest book.

She tells of the unusual lengths she went to as she tried to ensure that the silk and lace garment – a replica of the royal christening gown commissioned by Queen Victoria for her eldest daughter in 1841 – was just the right colour.

She had to first travel to Italy to find the lace before returning to England to make the garment. She said: ‘To make sure it looked authentic we dyed it in Yorkshire Tea (the strongest, as we all know).

Gown worn by William and Kate's three babies for christening was dyed in Yorkshire Tea | Daily Mail Online

View attachment 211684
upload_2019-10-27_20-59-56.png
Credit: Me, did this graffiti myself, using a picture from my Adobe account thank you very much!

Is the newspaper going to tell all the stories :( ? I think I'm going to buy this book, I'm very intrigued and excited to learn about all the behind the scenes info and duties of such a position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee