Elton John says he's extremely unwell, postpones Indianapolis show

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
'I am extremely unwell': Elton John postpones Indianapolis farewell show to 2020 due to illness

..."To my dear fans in Indianapolis, it is with the heaviest heart that I'm forced to deliver the news that I am extremely unwell and therefore unable perform at @TheFieldhouse tonight," he wrote.

He continued, "I absolutely hate to let my fans down, but I owe it to you to put on the best #EltonFarewellTour show possible and unfortunately that's simply not possible... Thank you so much for your support and understanding."...

'I am extremely unwell': Elton John postpones Indianapolis farewell show to 2020 due to illness

..."To my dear fans in Indianapolis, it is with the heaviest heart that I'm forced to deliver the news that I am extremely unwell and therefore unable perform at @TheFieldhouse tonight," he wrote.

He continued, "I absolutely hate to let my fans down, but I owe it to you to put on the best #EltonFarewellTour show possible and unfortunately that's simply not possible... Thank you so much for your support and understanding."...
I hope it isn't anything serious and he'll be better soon.

Elton John Cancels Concert Due To Illness
According to the post, the tour will resume on March 2020.

Added John: “I promise I will deliver the show you deserve. Thank you so much for your support and understanding.”

Wow! I thought he was just canceling this particular concert. Seems he'll be out until March of 2020. That doesn't sound like a virus...... Maybe it's related to the death of his MIL.

He's had so many serious health issues in the past, I'm surprised that he is still alive, much less still going on around the globe tours - and at 72 years old!

1987: Removal of throat lesions that dramatically altered his voice

1999: Heart issues - Received pacemaker

2012: Hospitalized for a week with a serious respiratory infection

2013: Appendix abscess and rupture, surgery

2017: Prostate cancer

2017: Prostate cancer surgery that rendered him incontinent and having to wear diapers

2017: Massive rare and almost deadly infection contracted in South America. He spent two months recovering and learning how to walk again.

Props to this guy for continuing on as he has. I hope whatever is going on now is not serious. It could very well be related to one of the issues he's had in the past. I hope the cancer is not back.

Seems he'll be out until March of 2020. That doesn't sound like a virus...... Maybe it's related to the death of his MIL.

Oh dear, It's possible it's related to his MIL, but he's said he is "extremely unwell", so who knows. :( I know that David was very close to her, as was Elton. I wonder was she sick for a while, or was this sudden?

Last edited:
He's had so many serious health issues in the past, I'm surprised that he is still alive, much less still going on around the globe tours - and at 72 years old!

1987: Removal of throat lesions that dramatically altered his voice

1999: Heart issues - Received pacemaker

2012: Hospitalized for a week with a serious respiratory infection

2013: Appendix abscess and rupture, surgery

2017: Prostate cancer

2017: Prostate cancer surgery that rendered him incontinent and having to wear diapers

2017: Massive rare and almost deadly infection contracted in South America. He spent two months recovering and learning how to walk again.

Props to this guy for continuing on as he has. I hope whatever is going on now is not serious. It could very well be related to one of the issues he's had in the past. I hope the cancer is not back.
Oh my. I hope the cancer isn't back as well. I grew up on his songs......... always loved his music.

Beautiful:

David Furnish on Instagram: “Today I lost my beautiful, angelic Mother. She passed away peacefully in the middle of the night, with me and my brothers by her side.…”

"Today I lost my beautiful, angelic Mother. She passed away peacefully in the middle of the night, with me and my brothers by her side.

Mum radiated gentle kindness. She was utterly devoted to her family. We all richly benefitted from her patient wisdom and bountiful love.

I treasure this photo of Mum and Dad on their wedding day - bursting with joy and fresh-faced optimism over their union and the life they planned to build together. They shared the greatest love I have ever known; A rock-solid foundation from which my brothers and I flourished.

Rest in peace Mum. You lived your life impeccably. I will never forget you. I promise to do my best to pass the gifts you gave to me on to my own beautiful sons."

What a lovely tribute David wrote to his Mum.

I’ve been doing the Crocodile Rock with Elton since the early days. What a showman! I will always remember the dignity and emotion he displayed at Princess Diana’s wedding.

Here’s wishing our Rocket Man a speedy recovery!

I've been a fan since 70s.

I last saw him in concert almost 4 years ago. He puts on an amazing concert. He doesn't seem to get tired. While his band and backup singers get an intermission break he goes to the front of the stage and signs autographs. No breaks for him.

I hope he recovers very soon. Sympathies to his family in loss of mother in law.

What a lovely tribute David wrote to his Mum.

I’ve been doing the Crocodile Rock with Elton since the early days. What a showman! I will always remember the dignity and emotion he displayed at Princess Diana’s wedding.

Here’s wishing our Rocket Man a speedy recovery!
I'm dating myself here but..........I was at the Dodger Stadium concert in 1975. I was 15. My sister was in college and she took me along because....well.....I was pretty obsessed with Elton at that point! lol. It was an AMAZING experience!

I'm dating myself here but..........I was at the Dodger Stadium concert in 1975. I was 15. My sister was in college and she took me along because....well.....I was pretty obsessed with Elton at that point! lol. It was an AMAZING experience!

Oh my goodness, lucky you!!! How fabulous. So happy you were there to enjoy such a magnificent show.

I've been a fan since 70s.

I last saw him in concert almost 4 years ago. He puts on an amazing concert. He doesn't seem to get tired. While his band and backup singers get an intermission break he goes to the front of the stage and signs autographs. No breaks for him.

I hope he recovers very soon. Sympathies to his family in loss of mother in law.

when I saw him he came down and shook hands with everyone in the front row
I wasn't in the front row unfortunately
still amazing!

Looks like the article saying he would resume touring in 2020 was wrong! I think they meant that the show he canceled would be rescheduled for 2020. So happy to hear this! He performed in Nashville last night to glowing reviews.

- - -

Monday night offered an encore celebration for Music City on the winding Yellow Brick Road that's leading one of a generation's premier showmen to a world beyond the stage; a sold out victory lap ensuring Nashville gets one more chance to "count the headlights on the highway" before John exits the road a final time.

"I've had enough applause to last me a trillion lifetimes," John, age 72, said. "And I won't forget you. God, how could I forget you guys? You're in my soul and in my heart ... in every fiber of my being."

.."I don't care, when I come here, who you vote for or what color you are, or what religion you are," John said. "I don't care about that. It's none of my business. What I care about is bringing you together and having a great time." ... "And we need to be kinder to each other and we need to come together ... we need to tolerate each other in this world."

Gosh, I love that man!

And — despite some speculation of the show's status after John postponed a weekend appearance due to feeling "extremely unwell" — the Rocket Man offered a revue of his five-decade career for nearly three hours and 25 songs.

Elton John gives Nashville an encore 'farewell': 'You're in my soul and in my heart'

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back