TX - James, 48 & Michelle Butler, 46, driving RV to Fort Lauderdale from Corpus Christi, 14 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
missing-rumney-couple-1572038322.jpg

RUMNEY, N.H. — A couple from Rumney who were last seen in Texas are missing, relatives said.

Family members said James and Michelle Butler are full-time recreational vehicle travelers. A sheriff's department in Texas said the two were last seen around noon Oct. 14 at a park in Corpus Christi.

Relatives said the Butlers checked in with them almost daily since leaving New Hampshire until last week. It's believed they were heading to Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

The two were driving a silver Chevrolet pickup truck with New Hampshire license plate 373-8968. The truck was pulling an RV.

Rumney couple on RV trip reported missing

Family and friends desperately searching for missing couple

The couple's family in New Hampshire is used to them camping out, but what they are not used to is losing contact with them since they talk on a daily basis.
James and Michelle Butler started traveling in their RV in June of 2018 after James retired from the Navy.

"He traveled the world in the Navy and he never got to spend anytime in the United States," James Butler's sister Deborah van Loon said. "So they have been be-bopping around the United States in a camper."
She said she last spoke with her brother last week about selling his home in New Hampshire. But when she tried to contact them, their phones just kept going to voicemail.

More at Missing New Hampshire couple last seen at Padre Balli Park

Sure hope these two are ok. It's been 9 days now. That's a big truck and trailer to be missing, especially along the Gulf Coast where there are no mountains, steep cliffs, heavily wooded areas, etc. (like we have here in Oregon.)

Wonder if the family knew they were going directly to Florida. If they detoured and went towards Uvalde/Hill Country area, there are pockets of land with zero cell service. We used to camp at Garner State Park and would have zero cell reception. I warned family members in advance and said to call the Park itself if I needed to be reached In case of emergency.

I was worried about that, if parked on the beach and not in a RV Park/Resort.
Maybe alone without any other campers close by. That area is pretty but can be isolated in places - was wondering if they were camping further down the island - Padre Island National Seashore.

US Border Patrol is at Sarita on US 77 from Corpus heading to Mexico.

It's an official Missing Page so here's a link..You may be able to read anyway.
Finding Michelle & James Butler
Thanks. Weirdly, I cannot, but it’s ok. I’ll await any official updates. I’m sure others are in the same boat. Surprisingly, I’m not seeing info on the main page of local news anymore.

Thanks. Weirdly, I cannot, but it’s ok. I’ll await any official updates. I’m sure others are in the same boat. Surprisingly, I’m not seeing info on the main page of local news anymore.
Me neither. And I'm not sure who's making the posts on the FB page, whether it's family or an admin of the page, so afaic, it's speculation at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998