GUILTY VA - IH, 14, taken by mothers ex-bf, Bruce Lynch, 34, Bumpass, Louisa County, 21 Oct 2019

Seeing the alert that they could be in West Virginia reminds me of a case from 2016 where a man kidnapped a 13 year old and her baby from IL. They were eventually found in WV. IIRC in that case he immediately got off the interstate in WV at the first exit after he reached the toll road while traveling South (opposite direction of this case). I believe a plate reader on the toll road caught their license plate and that is how LE knew they were in that area and eventually found them. I'm wondering if something similar happened here and perhaps Bruce Lynch got off the interstate after running into the WV Turnpike. In the 2016 case they were found in Kanawha County. Logan and Cabell Counties are just to the west of Kanawha: خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏
Those counties seem to be where they would end up traveling if trying to bypass the I-77 portion of the WV Turnpike (while driving North or West).

Last edited:
WVVA spoke by phone to Chuck Love of the Louisa County Sheriff’s office. He said Lynch could have changed the tags of the vehicle so focus on the make and model and he said that the car is missing a passenger rear door handle and could be carrying tarps in the back.

Love also said to focus on the physical descriptions of the Hicks and Lynch.

Hicks has blonde hair, blue eyes, is 4’11” and weighs 120 pounds. Lynch has brown hair, brown eyes, 5’11” and weighs 195 pounds, with tattoos on both upper arms. Love said to be aware Lynch could have altered his appearance.

Investigators look for missing VA teen in W.Va.

I believe you’re thinking of was 9 year old CT in Rogersville TN in 2016 and you’re right about her rescue. I’m don’t remember if the same was said about CT’s abductor but in this case LE has stated Lynch “may be armed and dangerous” and they have requested that people not approach either IH or Lynch, if seen.

“Authorities warn that if seen, Lynch and Hicks should not be approached, but that law enforcement should be contacted immediately.”

FBI requests public assistance in search for endangered missing girl, Isabel Shea Hicks

I am praying for a peaceful conclusion to this matter. I am just afraid that LE is trying to avoid another Zachary Petersen.

(LOUISA – WINA) A second news conference that focuses on the continued investigation of missing teenager Isabel Hicks will be held Monday. The 3 p.m. event will be in a public meeting room on the second floor of the Louisa County Sheriff’s Office/County Building.

That structure is at 1 Woolfolk Ave in Louisa. The Louisa Sheriff’s Office will provide some updated information and attempt to clarify some misinformation. Late last week, the Sheriff’s Office revealed a warrant that charges 33-year-old Bruce Lynch of Bumpass with felony abduction has been obtained. That follows a late Friday amber alert from the State Police that lists Isabel Hicks of Bumpass as a missing endangered juvenile female.

An update on a missing girl case is slated for Monday afternoon | Z 95.1

Seeing the alert that they could be in West Virginia reminds me of a case from 2016 where a man kidnapped a 13 year old and her baby from IL. They were eventually found in WV. IIRC in that case he immediately got off the interstate in WV at the first exit after he reached the toll road while traveling South (opposite direction of this case). I believe a plate reader on the toll road caught their license plate and that is how LE knew they were in that area and eventually found them. I'm wondering if something similar happened here and perhaps Bruce Lynch got off the interstate after running into the WV Turnpike. In the 2016 case they were found in Kanawha County. Logan and Cabell Counties are just to the west of Kanawha: خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏
Those counties seem to be where they would end up traveling if trying to bypass the I-77 portion of the WV Turnpike (while driving North or West).

I think your thinking is solid here ,so I am hopeful your correct and the lead came from something such as this.
I hope.
I recently drove back to Virginia from Kansas and there was a ton of construction and a few accidents that redirected into some small towns of WV. I was using the wayz app. However cell service was spotty and in all honesty , I just followed signs . This messed up my plans slightly . At many points during travel I was placed in a position of choice to change direction ,and I had no warrant and no kidnapped child. Plus I needed to be somewhere at a certain time.
I did run into tolls I tried to avoid , and then others I thought I was going to hit I never saw. WV is a state I would avoid if I was on the run.FWIW.

Possible sightings of Isabel Shae Hicks, 14, of Bumpass, Va. had been reported in Logan County, Jackson County and Cabell County.

Investigators: Missing Virginia girl may be in southern West Virginia with alleged kidnapper - WV MetroNews

Adding Jackson County to my map from post 301 (minus Kanawha County): خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏
Still looks like an attempt to skip the toll road to me. Why would he be trying to drive North this time of year? It's not a good time of year to camp in Ohio or PA. He would have needed to stop for gas somewhere in WV. I hope he didn't get back on the interstate because I think they will be found soon if he tries to stay in WV.
MOO.

(LOUISA – WINA) A second news conference that focuses on the continued investigation of missing teenager Isabel Hicks will be held Monday. The 3 p.m. event will be in a public meeting room on the second floor of the Louisa County Sheriff’s Office/County Building.

That structure is at 1 Woolfolk Ave in Louisa. The Louisa Sheriff’s Office will provide some updated information and attempt to clarify some misinformation. Late last week, the Sheriff’s Office revealed a warrant that charges 33-year-old Bruce Lynch of Bumpass with felony abduction has been obtained. That follows a late Friday amber alert from the State Police that lists Isabel Hicks of Bumpass as a missing endangered juvenile female.

An update on a missing girl case is slated for Monday afternoon | Z 95.1
...attempt to clarify some misinformation??

I'm glad we'll get updated information but I'm really curious about the misinformation. We've barely heard more than minimum details.

Could someone kindly give a recap of any highlights from the presser? I was only able to watch for about 3 minutes and then it kept just showing as "loading" for me despite trying several times now.

Admittedly not a good re-capper but there was really not much new info:
-Pay attention to make and model of car, what the occupants look like, and there may be a tarp in the car. Lynch could be changing out the tags so license plate is not reliable.
-Isabel usually wears skinny jeans and a gray hoodie with blue american eagle writing.
-Lynch in possession of 9mm.
-Lynch usually works in landscaping/construction.
-Isabel in 8th grade, "A" student.
-Tips coming in from multiple states, all being followed up on.

I missed it :( Hopefully someone can recap it.
I may have missed some points, but here's my recap:
* Social media distractions were addressed, and the Amber Alert process
* She may be wearing (or have) her favorite grey American Eagle sweatshirt with blue lettering. She tends to wear skinny jeans
* No possibilities have been ruled out
* LE is putting Isabel in public’s eye to elicit information
* Special Agent in Charge of Richmond office made an appeal directly to Bruce. "...Please return Isabel to a safe location or contact us and let us know how we can help you reunite her with her family."
* His job: landscaping and construction, kind of like a handyman
* Isabel is in 8th grade, currently an A student
* Bruce Lynch has no criminal record that LE knows of.
* Public should focus on the type of vehicle, occupants, tarp, and missing door handle (because tags can be changed)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ
Back