CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #57 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My phone just binged, I got all excited for an update, only to be told that "parent" with a phone person had all his accounts shut down on social media.

Hmmm........
lol!

I think it was a voluntary shutdown. Witnesses may not comment on the trial, and there are people who simply refuse to understand. Also, failing to show up for jury duty is a crime in Colorado, unless excused in advance. Anyone scoffing that law could spend tonight under the same roof as PF in Divide. IMO

Last edited:
Allison Sylte
@AllisonSylte

·
2h
Despite the snow, jury selection is still on for the Patrick Frazee trial. Court officials say 125 potential jurors are expected to arrive this morning, out of 1,750 total summons. To put that into context, the population of Teller County is 24,646.

and thanks BUF - I have 5 tweeters sites open - so if anything happens - I shall post!
animated-smileys-computer-10.gif

Allison Sylte
@AllisonSylte

·
2h
Despite the snow, jury selection is still on for the Patrick Frazee trial. Court officials say 125 potential jurors are expected to arrive this morning, out of 1,750 total summons. To put that into context, the population of Teller County is 24,646.

and thanks BUF - I have 5 tweeters sites open - so if anything happens - I shall post!
animated-smileys-computer-10.gif
You are awesome!

My phone just binged, I got all excited for an update, only to be told that "parent" with a phone person had all his accounts shut down on social media.

Hmmm........
lol!

Ugh. I hope he fades away into the distance.

Please help refresh my memory, is he party to the case because of the way he attached himself to it by “covering” this case on his social media accounts?

Is it common for third parties to insert themselves into high profile cases like this? He seems to revel in the attention and gloat about his proximity. I just don’t get it.

If this is a taboo topic, please let me know, I am just curious because he really creeps me out. *shudder*

In other news, this weather is quite intense today but the roads seem to be improving. Google Maps was showing bright red and dark red lines from north of Denver all the way down to New Mexico, with plenty of closure and accident icons.

Now, closer to lunchtime, I am seeing more yellow and green so hoping this fares better for potential jurors and any of the legitimate media working on sharing this story.

As others have said, the locals are likely ready for this, especially if they had plenty of notice. I’m using the snow day to be a snowflake and stay home until I absolutely have to, so I appreciate their time and effort today.

Hoping for a good day for everyone involved and looking forward to those mid-day updates! #JusticeForKelsey

jmho

Five or six inches of snow is probably no big deal to them. Lots of people probably have their snow tires by now or all wheel drive.

They are probably pretty good about clearing the roads in an area that gets lots of snow.

Imo

Colorado is notoriously poor about clearing snow. The heavy volume of high speed traffic makes it too dangerous to try; and the intermittent nature of storms in southern Colorado makes the expense to the taxpayers great in comparison to very little benefit. All wheel drive and snow tires are very common. IMO

Colorado is notoriously poor about clearing snow. The heavy volume of high speed traffic makes it too dangerous to try; and the intermittent nature of storms in southern Colorado makes the expense to the taxpayers great in comparison to very little benefit. All wheel drive and snow tires are very common. IMO
Oh, wow, I would think they would plan well for it since the weather is so changeable.
When I had all wheel drive I could still get out of my driveway with 6 inches of snow, so I would imagine if most people have snow tires or all wheel drive, it shouldn't be a problem.

Imo

Last edited:
Jury duty or not, I would not be driving in that stuff! But then again, I'm from the south and don't know anything about driving in the snow. I hope that they work with the jurors that do get in and don't penalize those that don't drive in today.

I wonder where all the media is staying overnight as that seems like a small town. Hopefully they are local and not having to drive in from Denver everyday or elsewhere.

O/T I do not live in CO, but I do live in a snowy state. 5 inches of snow is nothing for us that are used to it.

Here are some distances and driving times to Cripple Creek:
Woodland Park 25.7 miles - 40 minutes
Divide 18.7 miles - 34 minutes
Florissant 17.8 miles - 28 minutes
Colorado Springs 44.7 miles - 1 hour, 11 minutes
Denver 114.0 miles - 2 hours, 26 minutes
Pueblo 87.3 miles - 1 hour, 46 minutes
Canon City 50.2 miles - 1 hour, 10 minutes
Westcliffe 80.1 miles - 1 hour, 43 minutes
Tincup, Colorado 130.0 miles – 2 hours, 48 minutes
Guffey, Colorado 27.6 miles, - 41 minutes

Source: Google Maps Directions
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Oh, wow, I would think they would plan well for it since the weather is so changeable.
When I had all wheel drive I could still get out of my driveway with 6 inches of snow, so I would imagine if most people have snow tires or all wheel drive, it shouldn't be a problem.

Imo

Just for an example, The average daily traffic on Highway 24 as it passes the Sonic is 60,000 vehicles. While that figure is higher in summer and lower in winter, it is still a huge amount of traffic No one stays home, so they are all competing with the snowplows for sliding space. Four lane divided highways don't look so wide when the cars are traveling sideways. JMO

updates:

Jakob Rodgers
@JakobRodgers

Good afternoon, everyone. We're at a break during lunch, and so I've stepped outside the courthouse, and can offer a few updates from the #PatrickFrazee trial here in Cripple Creek.
@csgazette
#KelseyBerreth

Jakob Rodgers
@JakobRodgers

The court clerk issued 1,750 summonses to people living in Teller County for this case. About 125 were expected to appear today. And of that total, 85 appeared in court today for questioning as part of the jury selection process. #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth
@csgazette

Jakob Rodgers
@JakobRodgers

So far, slightly more than 30 people have been dismissed. It will be a long process for attorneys on both sides to whittle the overall number down to 12 jurors and 4 alternates. Jury selection is expected to continue to Friday, with opening statements slated for Friday afternoon.

Edit: more updates...

Daniela Leon
@danielaleontv

#PatrickFrazee was in court today for jury selection. Dressed in a green button-up and tan slacks, a contrast from his inmate jumpsuit and bullet proof vest. 16 jurors are expected to be selected by Friday. With opening statements to begin that afternoon.

Last edited:
Just for an example, The average daily traffic on Highway 24 as it passes the Sonic is 60,000 vehicles. While that figure is higher in summer and lower in winter, it is still a huge amount of traffic No one stays home, so they are all competing with the snowplows for sliding space. Four lane divided highways don't look so wide when the cars are traveling sideways. JMO
Well, in that case maybe the heavy traffic keeps some of the snow off the roads. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catheonlineghost