TX - James, 48 & Michelle Butler, 46, driving RV to Fort Lauderdale from Corpus Christi, 14 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to wrap my brain around the supposed encounter at the Wal-Mart with a man the lady believes was James. It could just be a coincidence that the man stated he was from N.H. but, she seemed certain that it was the same man. Since they prayed with him, they obviously got a good look at his face. Now my brain is working overtime with various scenarios.

Last edited:
Comments on FB page for finding James and Michelle state LE have yet to confirm this, so who knows. Bodies not linked to missing couple either yet... I find it hopeful, but mainly think it's only a matter of time before we learn it's them. How much of a coincidence would it be for a male and female body to be found in the same area, and not be connected to this.

Also if it is them, why is it taking so long to identify them. James is reported to have several tattoos which would make it easy to recognize him,.IMO

In the link posted by zecats it states the remains were severely decomposed.

"On Sunday night, remains were found in a shallow grave near where the couple was last seen, the Caller Times reported. At first, authorities were not sure if the remains were human because they were severely decomposed remains. They were found by an official who was following up on a cell phone pinging in the area south of Bob Hall Pier near Mile Mark 263, near Padre Balli Park, KRIS-TV reported."

In the link posted by zecats it states the remains were severely decomposed.

"On Sunday night, remains were found in a shallow grave near where the couple was last seen, the Caller Times reported. At first, authorities were not sure if the remains were human because they were severely decomposed remains. They were found by an official who was following up on a cell phone pinging in the area south of Bob Hall Pier near Mile Mark 263, near Padre Balli Park, KRIS-TV reported."
What the heck happened to these people...if it's James and Michelle, then they went missing about 11 days before these remains were found. Is that enough time for severe decomposition to take place?

It's heartbreaking. And they had 3 cats in the RV who were traveling all this time with them too. Makes me literally sick to my stomach that something like this can happen to people just living their best lives, enjoying travel and each other's company, with their pets.

I have to say it's one of my most upsetting cases to follow here on WS, and that's saying a lot. Maybe because my hubby and I have talked of doing exactly the same thing and also of taking our animals along with us when and if we ever do. (Not so sure I want to now.)

My heart breaks.

Apparently it only takes about 10 days in the open air for a body to decompose. I hate writing this. I think we all know what the outcome is and it makes me so sad, sick and scared. This just should not happen to people who are living their lives, loving each other, going on an adventure. My opinion only, until we hear further. Thinking of their loved ones with such a heavy heart.

Apparently it only takes about 10 days in the open air for a body to decompose. I hate writing this. I think we all know what the outcome is and it makes me so sad, sick and scared. This just should not happen to people who are living their lives, loving each other, going on an adventure. My opinion only, until we hear further. Thinking of their loved ones with such a heavy heart.
Same. I have had tears in my eyes ever since I found this thread. It is cruel and unfair what has likely happened to them. And their poor family. I feel sad for their 3 cats too.

I'm trying to remain hopeful, but it's certainly not comforting and IMO if they contacted family regularly, even if they were in a dead zone - I don't feel like it'd be this long since anyone heard from them. I remember being uneasy driving through that area when I was consistently driving from NC to MI. My car broke down once and it was terrifying. No cell, not much around for miles and miles. All MOO.

I'm trying to remain hopeful, but it's certainly not comforting and IMO if they contacted family regularly, even if they were in a dead zone - I don't feel like it'd be this long since anyone heard from them. I remember being uneasy driving through that area when I was consistently driving from NC to MI. My car broke down once and it was terrifying. No cell, not much around for miles and miles. All MOO.
You went thru Texas from NC to MI? That must have been a heck of a road trip.

In the comments section of one of the news stories I read a few days ago, someone posted that the beaches in Corpus Christi can be dangerous. I had no idea.
Any locals on here can confirm that? (We were going birding near there next month in our rv, but will reconsider now)

Arizona fugitives charged with murder of Oklahoma couple - CNN.com

Boy did I get a lot of this story wrong. Lol

The Haas couple were kidnapped along with their truck and trailer from Oklahoma and taken to New Mexico by three escapees. Here is the story.
It is not that you get it wrong, Its just that its happening so much anymore its hard to keep all straight. It seems like it is just getting worst and so sad you have to be scared to travel this beautiful country and enjoy it.

Second body found as authorities search the 'Bowl' south of Bob Hall Pier

Been following this missing couple for awhile on social media and just couldn't bring myself to come here again it can be very mentally draining.
This couple was just minding their own business living a simple life as full-time RVers. I get it I'm doing the same again round three.
The area they sat up camp is known as Burners Beach and also called the Bowl. Remote area a lil ways down from the pier area.
This area is about 4.5 hours from the Del Rio bridge border crossing the 2018 Chevy Silverado 2500 and Rv crossed with the unknown male. Since they know it was not JB driving and that it was a male then where is the photo in the media? I'm sure LE has their reasons for not putting it out there...or do they? Outcome is looking very grim for this couple. So very sad

Attachments

• 75210744_10162352233155545_5969005394607996928_n.jpg
    75210744_10162352233155545_5969005394607996928_n.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Hi there, I’m local, born and raised in Corpus Christi. I grew up going to the beach during the day and bonfires at night, and now have a home on the beach a few miles from this area. Large stretches of the beach are desolate, dark; sound and activity in these areas is insulated by immense dunes. However, this is what I don’t understand... there are several safe, secure, clean, populated RV campgrounds all along this stretch of the coast. I would expect that the Butlers with their big RV would have checked into one of these campgrounds, rather than camping in a dark isolated area.
In the comments section of one of the news stories I read a few days ago, someone posted that the beaches in Corpus Christi can be dangerous. I had no idea.
Any locals on here can confirm that? (We were going birding near there next month in our rv, but will reconsider now)

Last edited:
Is camping on the beach free?
Overnight camping on the greater beach area isn’t legal but not tightly monitored. Camping inside the Padre Island National Seashore is legal and costs a modest amount. I’m still trying to make sense of the news reports to figure out where exactly the bodies were found.

I know that truetexan posted a map indicating that the bodies were found in the Padre Island National Seashore (PINS) but I’m not certain of that. PINS has one entrance/one exit, charges a small fee on entrance; it’s a national park and is highly federally regulated. It’s probably the safest place to camp in this area.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member