Italy - Toni Dykstra, 29, murdered, Rome, 28 July 1998

chicoliving

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ROME (AP) -- An Italian accused of killing his American girlfriend after he kidnapped their daughter suffered a heart attack and died on the stand Monday as he testified in court for the first time, his lawyer said.

Carlo Ventre, 59, was pronounced dead at the scene by ambulance crews called to the Rome courtroom, attorney Roberto Leonardo said.

Ventre had been testifying calmly for 10 or 15 minutes about the first fights he had with girlfriend Toni Dykstra when he suddenly said he did not feel well, Leonardo said. A few seconds later he was dead, he said.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...OL-?SITE=CASOU&SECTION=STATE&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

I remember this story. 20/20, I believe ran a story on it a couple of years ago. My opinion - Karma's a __itch!

Guess that he made a big mistake when he put his hand on the bible and swore he was telling the truth. "God will get you!"

The day before they were to leave, Dykstra, 29, was found dead on the floor of Ventre's apartment. Ventre told Italian authorities Dykstra struck her head on a fireplace when he shoved her in self-defense after she attacked him with an ax.
Leonardo said the judge had allowed Ventre to go free pending trial because the autopsy showed that Dykstra died of a single blunt trauma to the head - consistent with a hard fall - and that Ventre had cuts on him that were consistent with injuries from an ax.

I don't know about you guys, but if someone came at me with an ax, I'd shove them away from me as well. Heck, he even waited until he was cut with it. How is this justice?

he kidnapped his child and fled the country. he was convicted of that. he was accused of not only killing this woman but of plotting to kill her parents and kidnap the child again after her death. i can live with the idea God will sort it out.

he kidnapped his child and fled the country. he was convicted of that. he was accused of not only killing this woman but of plotting to kill her parents and kidnap the child again after her death. i can live with the idea God will sort it out.

I missed that part, thanks! :)

Makes me wonder if he kidnapped the kid away from an axe weilding maniac or if she was an ax weilding mother protecting her child.

Maybe God already sorted it out. I assume the grandparents have the kid, the axe weilding woman and the kidnapper/murder happy guy are both not an influence on the baby.

I have followed this case on and off for quite awhile. The fact is, IMHO, he murdered her in cold blood and then tried to blame her for her own demise.

I agree with most of you, this was justice served, divine retribuition, karma, and yes, he should have thought twice about putting his hand on that bible and then telling 'his version' of the last moments of his gf's life.

He got what he deserved.

JMHO
fran

I do hope that the Grandparents did obtain custody of the Grand daughter as the last I knew the brother of the murderer had temporary custody of the little girl here in the USA after the murderer was arrested, if my memory is operating correctly.

Anybody know?

Divine intervention is always great to hear about!!!!!!

I do hope that the Grandparents did obtain custody of the Grand daughter as the last I knew the brother of the murderer had temporary custody of the little girl here in the USA after the murderer was arrested, if my memory is operating correctly.

Anybody know?

Divine intervention is always great to hear about!!!!!!

Your memory is correct. She was given to the brother and his wife because of the grandparents' ages.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back