Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought earlier reports were that she had told a friend that she was going out that night with a man. And I thought her brother tried to tell her that she should go home because it’s late and she shouldn’t go out?

Clearly she was out doing something (as seen on surveillance). She may have intended to go home at some point to care for her dog and get up for school.

Lots of parents are shocked by what their kids actually do.

This may not be much help but The Sky Bar is on Magnolia. It’s so close to College Street. Most students don’t live near I-85. Especially since she wasn’t a student at Auburn but Southern Unio

Unless her address is known there’s just no way to know if she was headed home. It’s possible she was since there are apartments/houses in that area. If she was at the Chevron near 1-85 I just have a feeling that she was headed somewhere other than her home.

She might live in Opelika since that’s where Southern Union is located. However Auburn is so close to Opelika and many Southern Union students live in Auburn.

Was it actually confirmed that she was at SkyBar? I'm getting a lot of conflicted stories about that. I was hearing skybar at first and then I was reading that that was not accurate.

I thought earlier reports were that she had told a friend that she was going out that night with a man. And I thought her brother tried to tell her that she should go home because it’s late and she shouldn’t go out?

Clearly she was out doing something (as seen on surveillance). She may have intended to go home at some point to care for her dog and get up for school.

So true and so scary as a parent. During my college years I did some things even I can barely believe I did looking back on that time. I know if anything had happened my parents would have swore on my life I never would do (insert poor choice I made here). Nothing criminal, unless there is a charge for criminal stupidity. In the moment I felt invincible and it is by the grace of god that I never had anyone truly take advantage of my naïveté.

I hope that this doesn’t come off as victim blaming because that is NOT my intention at all. As we transition from childhood to adulthood, it is essential and healthy to take risks, push boundaries, explore the world, and learn from those around us. No young man or woman should ever, ever have to pay for that...especially the ultimate price (not speculating about what may or may not have occurred, just stating in general).

She just doesn’t look ready to “go out” in the video. She looks like she had a long day. Your right about parents & kids! The queen here of saying I was headed somewhere I was not! I have a teen & this situation is the worst nightmare.

I believe LE knows way more than we do and thank goodness! They will be processing her car and checking cctv footage and her phone and social media. If she was meeting someone they will know and when they are ready ... we will know. In the meantime ... we will stay positive and ... keep sleuthing!

Like others, I would really like to know where she lived. Those apartments on Longleaf scare me (they are close to the Chevron in question). One of our Freshman football players was murdered at one of the apartments on Longleaf at a party years ago. I know some of the apartments through there draw party-goers from Auburn, Tuskegee, and AUM too. Anyone else who knows the area well think she could have been headed to a party on Longleaf Drive when she stopped at that Chevron? Or she could live there.

Like others, I would really like to know where she lived. Those apartments on Longleaf scare me (they are close to the Chevron in question). One of our Freshman football players was murdered at one of the apartments on Longleaf at a party years ago. I know some of the apartments through there draw party-goers from Auburn, Tuskegee, and AUM too. Anyone else who knows the area well think she could have been headed to a party on Longleaf Drive when she stopped at that Chevron? Or she could live there.

This is unrelated but I have a freshman living on campus in Auburn and I don’t think I’ll ever let her live off campus.

I’m going to hope she didn’t go to Sky Bar. The owner and associates have way too many problems. I really can’t believe they’re still in business. I’m praying for Aniah and her family. This whole thing is confusing, and all of it sounds so out of character from what has been said from her family and media. It doesn’t make sense.

#MISSING_AUBURN_TEEN: Walt and Angela Harris, mom and stepfather of 19-year-old Aniah Blanchard, are worried sick. The Auburn teen vanished Wednesday night. Last seen in downtown Auburn. Police and FBI need your help. Click link for Aniah’s picture and vehicle description -> bit.ly/2pazzy8
WRBL News 3 - #MISSING_AUBURN_TEEN: Walt and Angela... | Facebook

from the article:
An investigation into determining her whereabouts is underway. At this point, there is no evidence of foul play; however, the investigation will continue until her whereabouts are determined. Aniah is described as a light-complexioned black female, 5’-6” , 125 lbs., brown eyes and brown hair and was last seen wearing a black dress, tan duck boots with black stockings. She drives a 2017 Honda CR-V, black in color with Alabama tag #49BS356. The whereabouts of the vehicle are not known, as well.

View attachment 211029

This is the first report (my link in quote above) of southeastern and sky bar. From her parents. No reason to think the friend is lying. She’s never deleted the tweet. We’ve never heard how the parents knew to say Skybar and Southeastern. But I agree, strange it’s not being mentioned much. Maybe because she was seen after that?

Don’t quote me but i thought her friend, Summer, said she was at Skybar but now changing her story. But I’m not sure about this.

I wish somebody would clarify this.Anybody?

A couple thoughts I had:

- Definitely someone familiar with the apartments to park her car there. Someone who has visited or even lived there at one point to know that the gate did not work. That’s not a chance you take if you don’t know whether or not the gate works.

- I can’t believe nobody else mentioned this but I swear I saw a storage facility right near those apartments? Don’t like that one bit.

- Clarification of where she lived would definitely help. Would the gas station be on her way home? Or does it suggest that she might have been traveling somewhere to meet someone.

- IMO obviously something criminal happened. :/

A couple thoughts I had:

- Definitely someone familiar with the apartments to park her car there. Someone who has visited or even lived there at one point to know that the gate did not work. That’s not a chance you take if you don’t know whether or not the gate works.

- I can’t believe nobody else mentioned this but I swear I saw a storage facility right near those apartments? Don’t like that one bit.

- Clarification of where she lived would definitely help. Would the gas station be on her way home? Or does it suggest that she might have been traveling somewhere to meet someone.

- IMO obviously something criminal happened. :/

There is a storage facility immediately to the east of those apartments

I wish somebody would clarify this.Anybody?
Idk where this originated from but I’ve seen in multiple places people saying that the cameras in sky bar were reviewed & she wasn’t there. Don’t know how much truth there is in that. But I’ve seen it said in multiple places. I went to school at Auburn & am extremely familiar with the area. The main thing that makes me kinda agree with maybe she didn’t go is what she was wearing in the gas station footage (not that there’s anything wrong with it). It’s that if she wore it earlier to a funeral, I couldn’t imagine her not changing before she went to the bar. Just based on what we (everyone I knew in college) would have done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member