Identified! Germany - Leipzig, Aug 6th 2019 - Unknown Male died in Hospital, *possibly English speaking* - n/a

Are you in Germany? Would you like to email them and ask?

Not at all, I am in different country (Austria). I just found the news when looking for something completely different in the area.

As I have a family member in LE who is full of disrespect for "those internet detectives" I am a bit reluctant to contact them directly, but maybe I should get over it?

I had a look through Interpol's "yellow notices" and found this guy where I see a close resemblance, what do you think? His face seems a bit more slim than the unidentified person, but the eyebrows and nose and forehead look really similar, and the photo could be older.

His date of disappearance is listed as August 27th, but the only related news article I could find says August 27th is the date he was reported missing because his parents were worried after not hearing from him for some time.

Also from the article (by google translate, I don't speak Bulgarian): He was living in a foreign country (many Bulgarians are living in Germany).

Not at all, I am in different country (Austria). I just found the news when looking for something completely different in the area.

As I have a family member in LE who is full of disrespect for "those internet detectives" I am a bit reluctant to contact them directly, but maybe I should get over it?

Lol yes I can imagine real detectives sometimes rolling their eyes over our amateur sleuthing attempts. But some detectives are also members on WS and have found our brainstorming very helpful. And there are a few cases where online sleuthers have actually solved a case. So, maybe you can tell your relative that ;)

Would be nice to have an update on this poor man. If you feel like it, simply ask, can do no harm right? At worst you get no response. Or email the newspaper that ran the story? They are more pushy with LE if they think a case is worth pursuing, maybe even have contact in LE.

I had a look through Interpol's "yellow notices" and found this guy where I see a close resemblance, what do you think? His face seems a bit more slim than the unidentified person, but the eyebrows and nose and forehead look really similar, and the photo could be older.

His date of disappearance is listed as August 27th, but the only related news article I could find says August 27th is the date he was reported missing because his parents were worried after not hearing from him for some time.

Also from the article (by google translate, I don't speak Bulgarian): He was living in a foreign country (many Bulgarians are living in Germany).

Great find! Attempting a side by side:

UTXGesichtXkleinXa.jpg 61539641.jpg

I never heard back (not even an automated notice), but the interpol missing person is not in the system anymore. The unidentified man ist still listed at leipzig police website, so it probably wasn't a match.

Without more info, there doesn't seem to be a lot we can do.

I never heard back (not even an automated notice), but the interpol missing person is not in the system anymore. The unidentified man ist still listed at leipzig police website, so it probably wasn't a match.

Without more info, there doesn't seem to be a lot we can do.
Wow. So sad for those men.

This man has been identified. He came from Lithuania and was living in the UK. Full name withheld.

Leipziger Internet Zeitung: Polizeibericht 15. April: Pkw in Flammen, Identität des unbekannten Toten geklärt, Einbruch in Autohaus – L-IZ.de

The mystery of the identity of an unknown man found on August 2, 2019 in the Theaterpassage on Augustusplatz has been solved. (Public search of September 3, 2019) The stranger, who subsequently died in hospital with multiple organ failure on August 6, 2019, has meanwhile been buried.

In the background, the police of course continued their investigation and searched for his identity. Among other things, they used the international database of missing persons. This generated a DNA match in March 2020 via the Interpol database from Great Britain. After some checks it turned out that the dead man was a 32-year-old Lithuanian who had lived in Great Britain for an unknown period of time.

Not only the DNA played a role in the identification, but also the appearance of the man was compared with pictures. It also turned out that the speculations about the meaning of his tattoo on his wrist were correct: Obviously, it reflected his first name. Currently the police are trying to locate the man's relatives.

BBM

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back