GUILTY VA - IH, 14, taken by mothers ex-bf, Bruce Lynch, 34, Bumpass, Louisa County, 21 Oct 2019

Funny how everybody focuses on something different. I was thinking myself about how I hope the young lady would get support vs. her abductor.
Agree. "If" the reason I suspect he was kicked out of the home and ran off with IH there is no help for him IMO. Prison sounds good to me. Professional help for IH much needed. Lord knows what she has been subjected to prior and during time with him.

Thank you! I have been a long time reader for many cases, but had to chime in for the acronym I came up with lol...I don't believe that's what it actually represents, but felt I had to add it to the list of contenders lol.

And yes, I've been a websleuth silent creeper since Delphi and enjoy this forum as a one stop shop so to speak on the most up to date information about currently cases. I also LOVE that there isn't the redundant comments like there is on Facebook. Same questions, same repetitive responses and spoon fed information. It gets old after so long.

So anyways, I look forward to contributing in any way I can...most often I'm the middle man and see both sides to every story, which can be frustrating at times, but helpful in terms of communication between differing viewpoints.

Lastly, most importantly, I am a smartass, albeit a respectful one, and find that laughter is always helpful clear people's minds a bit.

P.s. Forewarning, I ramble. I'm working on it. Lol

So happy you joined us and just in time for the BIG CELEBRATION!!!

The pair was spotted together late Monday night when they approached Lynch's mom's home in Montpelier and knocked on the door.

When L H answered and told them they were wanted, the man and girl ran into the woods.

AMBER Alert Update: Isabel Hicks, 14, is safe; alleged abductor in custody

Thank you so much for the link! I had a strong suspicion of a family connection from sleuthing but couldn’t post anything as it was obviously unconfirmed. Interesting to say the least.

ETA: it hurts my heart the position he put his mother in, but she is truly a hero. I know for sure my momma wouldn’t ever cover for me but I’d never expect her to either.

Last edited:
Pure speculation on my part but suicidal people don't typically grab a 14 yr. old and live in the woods etc. I cant help but wonder if he is the type to use it as a threat if he doesn't get his way. Especially given the Mom had just kicked him out recently. Again just ponderings rolling around in my head and gut.

It must have been hard for her to turn in her son, but she did the right thing with no hesitation. I am impressed.

OH no, I would have done the same thing...after they had a hot meal and a long lecture. That's what mom's do.

She may have saved both their lives.

After today's presser, thought the whole "we ain't looking in this area" was a rue, giving them a chance to feel safe to travel. Then when LE said, if there is a reason we can help you, I knew then it was the moms house and a message to BL.
Jmo

Pure speculation on my part but suicidal people don't typically grab a 14 yr. old and live in the woods etc. I cant help but wonder if he is the type to use it as a threat if he doesn't get his way. Especially given the Mom had just kicked him out recently. Again just ponderings rolling around in my head and gut.
ITA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back