What case really burns your butt?

Reaction score
My apologies if this has been covered already, I am a newbie. I don't know, man, with so much basically murder *advertiser censored* on our screens from HBO to Discovery, some really excellent Ytube vloggers, and beyond, covering every murdering WTF dirtbag old and new often repeated in other guises from program to program, Fear Thy Neighbor, American Monster, Dateline, and keep going times one hundred, it's hard to keep up with as the Jewish faith so eloquently phrase one of extremely poor character such as these murderers: A " NEBBISH." Perfect, aint it? But every once in a while a case hoofs up that really gets under the skin that u can't get out of your head, for why, I don't know. I should, I am a former psychologist and I have covered that with colleagues in the past, to no avail, from newbie qualified to old dog, none of us had an answer, why? For me it was the two <modsnip> who killed Cassie Jo Stoddart - that haunts me and I don't know why? Casey Marie Anthony burns my wife's *advertiser censored*, mention that name and she freaks out - she'd scratch her eyes out given half a chance. So, the crux of the matter: we watch literally hundreds of murder documentaries (murder *advertiser censored*) and we are meh to 99.9% of them - just the right amount of self righteous indignation to make ourselves feel good, to justify our voyeurism into the real life macabre. So why does everybody have a special pet murder case that can't be shaken. Y'all know what I'm talking about - that one case that rankles and itches.

Last edited by a moderator:
West Memphis Three - Stevie, Michael and Christopher. My heart is completely broken over that case, I have a son of a similar age to the victims.

Closer to home, the abduction and murder of James Bulger in Bootle, England. It happened in my home city, my dad was a police officer at the time. I was 10 years old and I remember sitting in the school playground with my friends, crying our eyes out. For many of us it was the first time we realised that evil existed.

Man on the Stairs, Tickled me the way you phrased your post :)

But all kidding aside, I HATE the fact that justice has never been served in Relisha Rudd's case nor has her precious little body never been found. Most of the cases that "burn my *advertiser censored*" concern little tiny, helpless children.
So a few more--Myra Lewis, little Amiah, Teagan Skiba, and Noah, the little boy that "fell" in the well here in VA while his drug-addled "mom" slept.

Also, as far as adults, Anjelica Hadsell & elderly Janet Miller, who disappeared on Christmas Eve a number of years ago and no trace has really ever been found of her :(

West Memphis Three - Stevie, Michael and Christopher. My heart is completely broken over that case, I have a son of a similar age to the victims.

Closer to home, the abduction and murder of James Bulger in Bootle, England. It happened in my home city, my dad was a police officer at the time. I was 10 years old and I remember sitting in the school playground with my friends, crying our eyes out. For many of us it was the first time we realised that evil existed.

Th WM3 case was such an utter travesty of justice. Bad enough those 3 kids lost their lives, but to frame another 3 kids for it as a career climbing agenda is despicable.

Little Jamie, I remember the day it happened. We were all shocked over here, couldn't believe it. Then the details started to drip out. Yet, as always, these two sick animals get a holiday camp environment, day trips and treats all courtesy of the UK tax payer - then they're given a change of identity to protect them. Like that Maxine Carr, same thing, change of identity all out of your pocket. And meanwhile Ian Huntly sues the home office for 27 large because the wardens didn't fluff his pillows up to his liking or some such rot as that.

On a positive not, I'm a big fan of the people of Liverpool. A lot of scousers live over here. I love the sense of humour. I can do a greaatt Scouse accent, laa. I'm a big fan of your king as well: King Klopp lol. He's got Anfield roaring again. YNWA.

But all kidding aside, I HATE the fact that justice has never been served in Relisha Rudd's case nor has her precious little body never been found. Most of the cases that "burn my *advertiser censored*" concern little tiny, helpless children.
So a few more--Myra Lewis, little Amiah, Teagan Skiba, and Noah, the little boy that "fell" in the well here in VA while his drug-addled "mom" slept.

Also, as far as adults, Anjelica Hadsell & elderly Janet Miller, who disappeared on Christmas Eve a number of years ago and no trace has really ever been found of her :(

I'm not to up to date on child killers as I never watch any documentaries on child or animal abuse - I get too upset and frustrated as u want to get your hands on the <modsnip> who perpetrate these crimes against such tiny victims two or four legged variety. They say there are 3 certainties in life. Birth, death and taxes. I disagree, there are 4: Birth, death, taxes and injustice. The only time u ever see a DA stick up for the little guy when prosecuting a heinous crime DEMANDING THE MAXIMUM SENTENCE is when its election year and it's a slam dunk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Th WM3 case was such an utter travesty of justice. Bad enough those 3 kids lost their lives, but to frame another 3 kids for it as a career climbing agenda is despicable.

Little Jamie, I remember the day it happened. We were all shocked over here, couldn't believe it. Then the details started to drip out. Yet, as always, these two sick animals get a holiday camp environment, day trips and treats all courtesy of the UK tax payer - then they're given a change of identity to protect them. Like that ******* Maxine Carr, same thing, change of identity all out of your pocket. And meanwhile Ian Huntly sues the home office for 27 large because the wardens didn't fluff his pillows up to his liking or some such rot as that.

On a positive not, I'm a big fan of the people of Liverpool. A lot of scousers live over here. I love the sense of humour. I can do a greaatt Scouse accent, laa. I'm a big fan of your king as well: King Klopp lol. He's got Anfield roaring again. YNWA.

I felt the same about WM3 when I was first familiar with it, a number of years down the line and having read so much and spoken to so many people on both "sides" I feel very differently now than when I first started out with that case. I won't go into it here but there is a WM3 thread if you would like to read my thoughts on it. Regardless, I think everyone will agree that it was such a tragic loss of life. I've never been able to get those little boys out of my head.

The UK justice system is notoriously weak. The James case in particular was definitely evidence of that. Given their very young ages, I don't think the justice system really knew what to do with them. There have been a lot of excuses made for them including their ages and backgrounds but I was the same age as them and not only did I know it was wrong, I knew it was evil. I will never forget it, that was a day for a lot of us, that our innocence was stolen. My dad was a police officer for 35 years and saw some awful things that he would never speak about, but that was the only time I remember him being different when he came home.

Liverpool is a city not without it's problems, but the older Scousers in particular have a brilliant, self deprecating humour. And if you've never had a pan of proper Scouse made by a proper Scouser you have not lived!

I would also add the Travis Alexander case for me. I do volunteer work for a charity and one of the main projects we have is for men's mental health and male victims of domestic violence. There are more male victims than most people can imagine. I was concerned with a lot of the reporting surrounding that case as it seemed to come from a "he must have done something to deserve it" angle that I can't imagine would have been taken if the roles were reversed. The things she was allowed to say about him in court, it's like she took his memory and murdered him all over again.

I suppose we all have a case that stands out to us for one reason or another. Whether it concerns an issue that is important to us, or perhaps the victim reminds us of somebody.

This is a great thread by the way, I hope it gains more traction.

what's the man on the stairs?

The case that bothers me the most is the murder of Nubia Barahona.
Murder of Nubia Barahona - Wikipedia

It bothers me, because it shows the dysfunction of the CPS system in the United States. This little girl was abused by her parents, put in foster care, adopted by the Barahona's, and there were all kinds of red flags. The little girl came to school dirty, hungry, with injuries, and when it was noticed, the Barahona's decided to "homeschool" Nubia and her brother, Victor.

The killers have been manipulating the justice system for almost a decade. There are 1000's of pages of evidence. It is supposedly a "death penalty" case, which means that it will go on for years. The justice system is spending more money on the killers, than the CPS system ever spent on these children.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back