CA CA - Stacey Smart, 51, Lewiston, Trinity Co, 12 Oct 2016

While mulling over this case, I figured out the following:

Stacey either was carried from her residence, or she left under her own power. However, LE cleared her boyfriend via polygraph, so he didn't whisk her away. Also, anyone carrying Stacey would have had their arms full, literally. She weighed 180 pounds. Additionally, it's easy to attract undue attention from the neighbors in a quiet park. So it seems unlikely she was carried off without being noticed.

If she left on her own, the leg injury would limit her walking range. It's dubious she went into the lake; it's been searched with sonar. The articles above make it pretty clear the vicinity of the park was thoroughly searched.

Stacey was said to not have a license; however, no one said she didn't know how to drive. However, the neighborhood cars were accounted for, so she didn't drive off. This leaves the possibility that she hitchhiked. To hitch out of there, she would have had to stand in front of a solid block of modular homes. It's unlikely there's much traffic passing, this far in the boondocks. It's dubious she hitchhiked without being seen.

It seems I have proven Stacey could not have left the park unnoticed. The questions are, Who saw her leave? and Are they going to speak up?

Stacey Smart has been missing from the small Trinity County town of Lewiston, California for over two years. Stacey was last seen on October 12, 2016 at the home the 51-year-old shared with her boyfriend, according to the Trinity County Sheriff’s Office. The details of what happened in the days leading up to her disappearance remain unclear. Stacey is usually in contact with her family daily, but as Halloween approached and nobody had heard from her, family grew concerned. This remains an active case and police are working on all tips that have come in, but no leads have produced any substantial information.

Five years of Dateline’s Missing in America: 109 still missing

In the video above, they contradict my prior note that Stacy's boyfriend TB had been cleared via polygraph. Seems he didn't take the lie detector test after all.

And the above video is very definitely worth watching.

I prefer to think that somewhere, sometime, someone will come up with the clue that solves the case. Relentless publicity will help keep memory of this case alive until that someone talks.

November 2, 2019 marks three years since Stacey Smart, a woman from Northern California, was reported missing by her family.

View attachment 212878
Northern California woman Stacey Smart has been missing for three years without a trace

Thanks for bumping the thread on the third anniversary, @rainynights. This is such a sad case. Her family did so much hard work to find Stacey. I still believe, as I did at the beginning, that the boyfriend who didn’t report her missing and had vague answers is the key. His “cooperation” and willingness to have his place searched tells me that he is confident there is no evidence. Classic. It’s such wild country that wherever she was placed will be almost impossible to find, short of a miracle or someone coming forward. My heart goes out to her family. :(

In the video above, they contradict my prior note that Stacy's boyfriend TB had been cleared via polygraph. Seems he didn't take the lie detector test after all.

And the above video is very definitely worth watching.
I am so glad you pointed this out. I have been befuddled that he was cleared, I have not understood his behaviour and couldn't believe it.

If you read the conclusions above of my thought experiment, I think you will agree that Stacey had to be sneaked out of that trailer park in a vehicle. And just who would want to do that, eh?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back