CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
Underlined BBM

Sure hope this doesn’t mean they think opening statements will be postponed until next week.

I believe the plan was to have jury selection wrapped up before lunch today and opening statements this afternoon.

I get the feeling that those hour-long juror interviews not going as smoothly as hoped. Already four from the select group are cited having second thoughts about being impartial.

MOO

ETA: Jury seated -- Opening Statements begin today at 2pm MST

Last edited:
I believe the plan was to have jury selection wrapped up before lunch today and opening statements this afternoon.

I get the feeling that those hour-long juror interviews not going as smoothly as planned. Already four from the select group are cited having second thoughts about being impartial.

MOO
I'm thinking those 4 went home, and thought about having to go to the trial every day for the next month, and decided they were 'having problems' with being impartial. :rolleyes:

It makes more sense to me that they postpone the OS's until Monday morning. The jurors are getting thrown into this after a long morning of being interviewed and reinterviewed and herded around. Let them go home and rest and start Monday all fresh and ready to listen. JMO

This trial is as far from LiveStreaming as we can ever get. This judge has the entire process on lockdown.

The press cannot use electronic devices to send out info, unless they cross they street away from the courthouse, and during formal breaks only.

There are not going to be any sketches allowed from inside the procreedings either. :rolleyes:

And there is somethimng about a large tent, being erected so the press doesn't see some of the participants coming or going?

So no, to your question, NO---thats a hard no.
The Judge: “I don’t care that it’s 2019, we’re running this trial like it’s 1859!”

He has probably demanded all documents be handwritten and only drawings will be allowed instead of photos.

It feels quite frustrating. The judge has totally locked down all information about this trial.

This is not an International Terrorist with the issues of Homeland Security here. This is a garden variety brutal killing and the citizens do have a right to hear the facts, right? What happened?

Serious question here.

Today's the day. Today they are planning on giving opening statements to a trial that will decide PF's fate and possibly KK's.

What do you think is going through his mind?

Honestly, jmo, but I think PF really thinks he can just deny everything, since there's not a body. Imo he's going down, and there is more than enough evidence. Why couldn't he just let Kelsey go?..My heart hurts for the Berreths, and all the innocent children. JMHO
Justice for Kelsey Berreth!

@samkraemertv
JUST IN: A jury has been seated for the murder trial of Patrick Frazee. The jury includes seven women and five men. Additionally, two women & two men were chosen as alternates.

@KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

Opening statements will begin at 2pm.

That's an outrageous amount! Totally cost prohibitive to most people.

In order to be anywhere near affordable, the court is going to need to publish the transcript in this font size.

JMO.
It’s also really behind the times. Statutes that established reasonable copying fees were before everything went digital. A transcript is now a simple PDF that can be emailed on request. No more standing in front of a copier. So to charge much of anything at all is, as you say, outrageous.

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
JUST IN: A jury has been seated for the murder trial of Patrick Frazee. The jury includes seven women and five men. Additionally, two women & two men were chosen as alternates.
12:48 PM - 1 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Opening statements will begin at 2 p.m. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
12:49 PM - 1 Nov 2019

Stephanie (Butzer) Rose on Twitter
The jury has been seated: Seven women and five men, with four alternates (two women, two men). Opening statements will begin at 2 p.m. #PatrickFrazee
12:57 PM - 1 Nov 2019

Last edited:
@samkraemertv

Opening statements will begin at 2pm.
Wahoo!!! #justiceforkelsey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads