CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
And CB has to be cross-examined by the defense whom one would expect to be respectful of her as the victim's mother, but they have to make Kelsey look like she needed killing.

We're all going to need heartburn meds on Monday.

JMO but I believe being overly aggressive with CB would hurt the (perception of) the defense. It will be interesting to see if they tread lightly.

It's going to be interesting to see on just what day and where KK supposedly killed Kelsey. And why Kelsey never left her condo after coming home that Thanksgiving Day and making plans to go out that evening. Where are they going to say Kelsey was until KK killed her? Are they going with the drugged for days theory some have floated? Then who drugged her? Because only PF was there that day.
My prediction===they are going to say that PF broke up with her that day, she didnt tell her family or friends---she was too depressed---she told PF to take the baby, she needed to think...and she got drunk or high and stayed isolated in her condo....

Well, no, but if he actually tried that line it was beyond stupid, even PF stupid.

I tend to think that the author mixed up the timelines but will be anxious to see if he really said that when he was trying to cover everything up.

We probably need to begin making a designation here between what is
just plain everyday stupid and what is
PF Stupid!

WHOAH is RIGHT!

You didn't miss anything.

This is the first time that news has been made public re: a possible tooth fragment having been pulled from the burn pile at the franch.

This. is. HUGE.

And the only reason, the ONLY reason, this would have been mentioned by the prosecution in the opening arguments is because that fragment has been tested.

It was a teaser.

And guess what, folks?

*Spoiler Alert: It's going to be a tooth fragment.

It's going to be KB's tooth fragment.

He's. Toast.

JMO.
Can you just imagine if that is proven to be Kelsey’s tooth?!

That would be a backboard shattering slam dunk.

I guess she couldn't handle the truth about her and her family's treatment, out for the world to see.
She’d be required to leave prior to Cheryl taking the stand, as she’s a potential witness herself.

A “hostile witness” for the prosecution, one would hope.

It’s a shame really, as I’d like her to have to listen to Cheryl.

My prediction===they are going to say that PF broke up with her that day, she didnt tell her family or friends---she was too depressed---she told PF to take the baby, she needed to think...and she got drunk or high and stayed isolated in her condo....

....flung herself around until she splattered her blood all over the place, called an Uber and left?
(after calling KK to come and clean up her mess)

Can you just imagine if that is proven to be Kelsey’s tooth?!

That would be a backboard shattering slam dunk.
Crossing fingers, toes, everything that it is. No way to dispute that evidence.

It was consumptive testing so it must have been an extremely small particle or fragment, but hey, if it yields a DNA profile, yes he's done IMO.

Crossing fingers, toes, everything that it is. No way to dispute that evidence.

It was consumptive testing so it must have been an extremely small particle or fragment, but hey, if it yields a DNA profile, yes he's done IMO.
Yeah, think about it. Why would the prosecution bring that up otherwise? By now they know if it’s a tooth or not, and if it’s Kelsey’s.

Why draw attention to something that can be used against you? “All the prosecution has to verify KK’s burn account, is traces of an accelerant. No trace of Kelsey was found.”

Okay from today opening statements:

Viehman starts out with a picture of PF from ENT ...(baby carrier present in passenger seat) says in a few short minutes after this was taken this guy brutally murders KB. "This face, this guy, he's a murderer." (points at PF....looking just like he always does)
*Shows picture of the black tote in the back of truck from ENT.
*later showed on the neighbors security camera of the truck passing by (after they believe the murder to have taken place) the tote was flipped the opposite way.

Some side notes: They have pictures of KB and Patrick going into her condo from that day. KB has poinsettias in her hands. No, PF didn't buy them for her. It's what she purchased at Safeway that day. (now we know)

The neighbors security camera literally faces her door. (This was confusing to me) They have pictures also of PF leaving and coming back later that day. Can't say he looks like he brutally murdered someone. No change of clothes, doesn't look to be covered in blood. (defense also pointed this out). Also no pictures of him leaving with a black totes or anything, unless of course these are coming later.

A lot of talk of the cellular activity of PF/KBs phone after this. Zoned out at this part. Basically all of what you can read online.
Between Nov 25-Dec. 4 46 calls to KK and zero to KB (even after police & CB had contacted him about KB being missing)

Also mentioned was that KK and PF had affair for YEARS. The night before KK married CL, PF begged her not to go through with it
KK found out through a mutual friend that PF had a child.

When they searched PF's house he had literally written a note to himself about what he did Nov. 22nd. (I assume so he could keep his story straight).
It included: Running errands, picking up baby, etc and in what order

*sorry if this is all scrambled, my notes are probably like PF's notes....non existent.

JMO but I thought Viehman made KK sound wayyyyy too nice and like a freaking gift to god. I know this is to ultimately show that she had nothing to do with the actual murder. Still made my skin crawl though.

Defense:
Pretty short. Basically related this case to seeing a house you want to buy on the internet. Looks great, until you see it in person and there's a lot of cracks in the foundation.
Going to place the blame on KK. Somewhere other than the KB condo. Said her house wasn't a murder scene like they claim. KK didn't go to the police, she only talked once offered a plea ETC.

I'll add if I remember anymore from opening statements.

*Ma waited at the door and watched him walked in.
Do not believe she was in court.

Now that would be a twist and a half. Lord Almighty. Perhaps that is her DNA in KBs condo.
Oh wow, that would be! I was kidding of course, but the fact is, "Norman" ISN'T innocent and she knows it and has done something that compels her to plead the fifth. She should be sporting a pair of handcuffs, IMHO :)

I guess she couldn't handle the truth about her and her family's treatment, out for the world to see.

Ha, that is probably true.... they are all totally blameless, you know?? But no, she couldn’t stay because she will most likely be called to the stand so she cannot hear testimony prior to her giving evidence.

Okay from today opening statements:

Viehman starts out with a picture of PF from ENT ...(baby carrier present in passenger seat) says in a few short minutes after this was taken this guy brutally murders KB. "This face, this guy, he's a murderer." (points at PF....looking just like he always does)
*Shows picture of the black tote in the back of truck from ENT.
*later showed on the neighbors security camera of the truck passing by (after they believe the murder to have taken place) the tote was flipped the opposite way.

Some side notes: They have pictures of KB and Patrick going into her condo from that day. KB has poinsettias in her hands. No, PF didn't buy them for her. It's what she purchased at Safeway that day. (now we know)

The neighbors security camera literally faces her door. (This was confusing to me) They have pictures also of PF leaving and coming back later that day. Can't say he looks like he brutally murdered someone. No change of clothes, doesn't look to be covered in blood. (defense also pointed this out). Also no pictures of him leaving with a black totes or anything, unless of course these are coming later.

A lot of talk of the cellular activity of PF/KBs phone after this. Zoned out at this part. Basically all of what you can read online.
Between Nov 25-Dec. 4 46 calls to KK and zero to KB (even after police & CB had contacted him about KB being missing)

Also mentioned was that KK and PF had affair for YEARS. The night before KK married CL, PF begged her not to go through with it
KK found out through a mutual friend that PF had a child.

When they searched PF's house he had literally written a note to himself about what he did Nov. 22nd. (I assume so he could keep his story straight).
It included: Running errands, picking up baby, etc and in what order

*sorry if this is all scrambled, my notes are probably like PF's notes....non existent.

JMO but I thought Viehman made KK sound wayyyyy too nice and like a freaking gift to god. I know this is to ultimately show that she had nothing to do with the actual murder. Still made my skin crawl though.

Defense:
Pretty short. Basically related this case to seeing a house you want to buy on the internet. Looks great, until you see it in person and there's a lot of cracks in the foundation.
Going to place the blame on KK. Somewhere other than the KB condo. Said her house wasn't a murder scene like they claim. KK didn't go to the police, she only talked once offered a plea ETC.

I'll add if I remember anymore from opening statements.

*Ma waited at the door and watched him walked in.
Do not believe she was in court.
Thanks! Could you see those images clearly? And is there any way the defense can claim that PF didn’t return to the house?

Basically, is it clearly PF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member