The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanted to reply to this post and the lovely photo of white, untucked top over dark pencil skirt you posted Lilibet. Unfortunately, it seems like it didn't come over.

However, I've never understood why people with as much/many resources as the RF do things like Meghan did with her pencil skirt/top combination. First of all, the reds don't go well together (unless it's my monitor!). Secondly, the skirt is TOO TIGHT. The photo you posted of the white top/black skirt is head and shoulders over Meghan's. It's totally elegant in my book. It's a pet peeve of mine when women do this, and I always wonder if they're going for "sexy" over "class and elegance".

I will say this, though: Meghan has been blessed with a figure for clothes. So many women have lovely clothing, but just don't have the figure to show them to advantage. MM can be truly elegant at times.

No the skirt and top don’t work...it’s not your monitor! The undertones are off just enough to clash. I loved that black pencil skirt/white sweater combo. Meghan’s clothing rarely fits correctly.

On the rare occasions that I watch the red carpet shows before the Oscars, I wonder why these beautiful people end up looking so awful...but they must think they look great. It’s almost as if they’ve been “punked” by their stylist.

I never watched “Suits” but in photos I’ve seen, Meghan looked great. She can look so elegant but also so frumpy. She really needs us! :D

It is really concerning the Duke and Duchess of Sussex seem to have gone rogue from the rest of the royal family. I just wonder how bad things are going to get with the press and increasing numbers of the public against them.

If I were British, I would be so grateful there's still Charles and Wm. and his children between Harry and the Crown. Harry and Meghan can be the tabloid fodder, while the rest carry on. Personally, I hope they go as far rogue as possible so they're as clearly disassociated with British Royal tradition as they can be. Moving to the US, ,where Congresspeople wear Halloween costumes to vote is definitely more suited to their "style" imo lol

EINu0OxXsAY6xMD

If I were British, I would be so grateful there's still Charles and Wm. and his children between Harry and the Crown. Harry and Meghan can be the tabloid fodder, while the rest carry on. Personally, I hope they go as far rogue as possible so they're as clearly disassociated with British Royal tradition as they can be. Moving to the US, ,where Congresspeople wear Halloween costumes to vote is definitely more suited to their "style" imo lol

EINu0OxXsAY6xMD
I do not want MM representing the US by living here. She will have more issues here

I do not want MM representing the US by living here. She will have more issues here

Idk. Here, at least, she'd have a lot of competition for both her agenda and the press attention - and absolutely no direct peer to negatively compare her to. Plus, It's not like we don't already have the Kardashians, etc. And she's not directly associated with US politics - so she won't be impacting any of our institutions (if the batgirl costume weren't enough to see that that horse has left the barn :D). I have a feeling they're going to end up here. At least until they divorce in 5'ish years, imo.

WOW. What a fabulous cake. I just wish they had left the glasses off.

It's really really well done. A lot of face type cakes end up having only a passing resemblance to the subject. This really captures her typical expression very well.

I'd love to see an explanation of how this was done.

Someone made an amazing cake for the International Cake Show.....

We need a link for the photo @SugarQueen. I’ve googled and can’t find it anywhere. Thanks! :)

ETA: While we’re waiting we can “feast” our eyes on the Cake International Show in Birmingham UK this weekend.

Cake International

Last edited:
I li
gettyimages-52099033-1535652632.jpg
ke her in this dress

And I really like this pantsuit on her

gettyimages-157130160-1535652350.jpg

And I have to agree that long purple dress is sensational on her

This is the only one I don't like: I just don't like this lingerie look on anyone. It seems a bit common for a Princess.
gettyimages-457204862-copy-1535651921.jpg

All of these outfits show her independent, confident, and strong. She seems to have grown into herself at this stage and these clothes and her deportment show it.

Lady in Red
I didn't realize how many red gowns Princess Diana had worn, quite a few.
princess-diana-exhibition-david-sassoon-1550583040.jpg

Yahoo Canada/Town and Country
Rare Sketches of Princess Diana's Iconic Wardrobe Go on Display at Kensington Palace

She wore the dress below in 1983 when she and Prince Charles visited Edmonton, Canada. Unfortunately you can already see signs of her anorexia in the picture. Other than that the dress is beautiful and she looks great.

gettyimages-860146324-1535656361.jpg

Princess Diana's Best Fashion - Diana's Most Iconic Style Moments

I love this last dress with the sheer floral top. Diana wore clothing so well and I think had an eye of her own as to style and what looked good on her, specifically. Unfortunately, she was often a victim of 80's fashion to a certain degree, with it's overly "pouffy" sleeves and ruffles.

This last example was well suited to her tall, slim figure -very "princess-y", yet elegant and serious at the same time, in my book.

Last edited:
We need a link for the photo @SugarQueen. I’ve googled and can’t find it anywhere. Thanks! :)

ETA: While we’re waiting we can “feast” our eyes on the Cake International Show in Birmingham UK this weekend.

Cake International

I got the photo from a Facebook post by Global Sugar Art. The chef/ owner of the company is one of the judges. Embarrassed to admit I have no idea how to link it??

This Dior by John Galliano dress was in 1996 when Diana was heavily into her independent, sexy, and free stage.
View attachment 212935
Fashion Flashback: See Gorgeous Photos of Princess Diana at the Met Gala

The slip dress (with no bra :( ) was very popular in the mid-late 1990s.

eurolade wordpress .com

Diana is gorgeous, but I still don't like that dress. I think she would be fabulous in the dress the woman next to her is wearing.

But Diana was exploring getting out there and being a bit "shocking" to show up TRF and especially Charles. It's not horrible, I just don't like that style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998