CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenney loved and feared Frazee, the prosecutor said. She sought his approval while also fearing that he would hurt her or her family if she didn’t follow his orders.

[...]
LBM

KK is such a liar.
I don't believe for one second that she thought PF would hurt her.

How despicable that PF is now claiming Kelsey was an abusive alcoholic.
Pretty easy to claim this after you beat her to death, PF !
It's plain to see who was the abusive person.
You , PF, planned Kelsey's murder for months if not longer.

This article has been updated today but I'm not sure if there is anything new. Posting just in case.

Kelsey Berreth murder case: Cheryl Berreth, victim’s mother, takes the stand, defense says case has “serious foundational issues” – Canon City Daily Record
PUBLISHED: November 1, 2019 at 7:09 pm | UPDATED: November 2, 2019 at 3:40 pm

[...]

Kelsey Berreth struggled to find a solid job as a pilot in Colorado and at one point moved to Grand Junction for work. The distance put a strain on the couple’s relationship, but Kelsey wanted to make it work, despite a complicated relationship with Frazee’s family, Cheryl Berreth said.

But unbeknownst to Kelsey Berreth, Frazee for months in 2018 worked to spread lies that Kelsey abused their 1-year-old daughter and was a horrible mother, Viehman said. And multiple times in the fall of 2018, Frazee asked Kenney to kill his fiancée, Viehman said.

Kenney loved and feared Frazee, the prosecutor said. She sought his approval while also fearing that he would hurt her or her family if she didn’t follow his orders.

[...]

I don't remember this from yesterday, (but I'm still so impressed with @GoJacks' reporting, the regular reporters pale in comparison):

From article you linked:

<snip>"Porter also said investigators found an unknown person’s DNA in Berreth’s home and that Kenney’s story doesn’t always match the evidence."<snip>

Nevermind that PF's story doesn't EVER match the evidence IIRC.

I don't remember this from yesterday, (but I'm still so impressed with @GoJacks' reporting, the regular reporters pale in comparison):

From article you linked:

<snip>"Porter also said investigators found an unknown person’s DNA in Berreth’s home and that Kenney’s story doesn’t always match the evidence."<snip>

Nevermind that PF's story doesn't EVER match the evidence IIRC.
Hmmm. It's interesting that Porter says "an unknown person's" DNA. (Singular) I wonder if the reporter got that right?

IIRC, the AA said there was unknown male and female DNA found.

Maybe they've identified one of the "unknown's?" MOO

Not directed at PM :)

Don't misunderstand. I like JV, but in whose world does this make sense? "......fearing that he would hurt her or her family." UH DUH!! But you couldn't pick up the phone and alert someone, ANYONE that he was going to murder Kelsey. You FEAR for your own life but couldn't do anything to save the life of another? Exactly what was KK planning to do if they got away with it? Did it not occur to her if she followed through with this she was next on his list?

I sure hope JV has some therapist to put on the stand to explain KK's actions, because I'll never understand it. At All :confused:

An afterthought. Had KK not come the first time, and gone immediately to LE, she would NOT have been "in too deep." JMO
ed:sp

Last edited:
Not directed at PM :)

Don't misunderstand. I like JV, but in whose world does this make sense? "......fearing that he would hurt her or her family." UH DUH!! But you couldn't pick up the phone and alert someone ANYONE that he was going to murder Kelsey. You FEAR for your own life but couldn't do anything to save the life of another? Exactly what was KK planning to do if they got away with it? Did it not occur to her if she followed through with this she was next on his list?

I sure hope JV has some therapist to put on the stand to explain KK's actions, because I'll never understand it. At All :confused:

An afterthought. Had KK not come the first time, and gone immediately to LE, she would NOT have been "in to deep." JMO
I'm with you. I have no answer except to say that I agree - it DOESN'T make sense. I would run screaming to the nearest police station... I hope the prosecution is able to shed some light on it. MOO

Hmmm. It's interesting that Porter says "an unknown person's" DNA. (Singular) I wonder if the reporter got that right?

IIRC, the AA said there was unknown male and female DNA found.

Maybe they've identified one of the "unknown's?" MOO

You're right, there were 2 unknowns' DNA profiles that we knew about, and we've not gotten any update that I can recall. Maybe LE knows more.

KB's mom CB finally can open up and explain the situation. as hard as this is i think it might also be a release she has needed for nearly a year. i wonder though if she is opening a credibility issue though because back when this happened i remember her saying something to the effect of that they loved each other and had some issues between them, like all couples do, that they were working out, but no hint of what she now claims. and on the stand, at least as much as i've read, seems to paint a picture of a relationship that lacked love from the PF family side from the beginning. i hope i'm not coming across as adverse to CB because i'm criticizing CB just trying to understand if her testimony jives with what she has said before.

KB's mom CB finally can open up and explain the situation. as hard as this is i think it might also be a release she has needed for nearly a year. i wonder though if she is opening a credibility issue though because back when this happened i remember her saying something to the effect of that they loved each other and had some issues between them, like all couples do, that they were working out, but no hint of what she now claims. and on the stand, at least as much as i've read, seems to paint a picture of a relationship that lacked love from the PF family side from the beginning. i hope i'm not coming across as adverse to CB because i'm criticizing CB just trying to understand if her testimony jives with what she has said before.
MOO, I don't think there are any credibility issues with CB. In fact, she's "incredible!" She's been honest about "issues" all along. She did not get any indication from KB on TG that there was anything out of the ordinary and she testified to that. It's PF and KK that have credibility issues :)

Maybe she thought painting PF in a good light would make him more likely to confess, if that makes sense?

ETA: I thought her answers in her first interviews were very careful, as if not wanting to anger whoever may have had KB...I honestly thought at first someone had taken KB. I think she has always thought PF had something to do with it so she was very careful around him.

I’d have been the exact opposite, so major kudos to CB.

Maybe she thought painting PF in a good light would make him more likely to confess, if that makes sense?

ETA: I thought her answers in her first interviews were very careful, as if not wanting to anger whoever may have had KB...I honestly thought at first someone had taken KB. I think she has always thought PF had something to do with it so she was very careful around him.

ITA and on top of that, PF had baby K in his clutches and there wasn't anything CB could do about it until he was charged. She probably spoke with LE about what she would say and how before the PC's in order not to anger PF.

They very well may have thought PF would harm himself or baby K if confronted.

I commend CB, she's a strong and loving mother and grandmother.

MOO

Marking my spot.

KK should be in jail along with PF.
She could have saved Kelsey's life.
Atrocious monster.
But I'll take PF being in prison until he leaves in a pine box.

BBM.
We concluded a few pages back that pine box would be too good for PF. After prison hell is unleashed on PF for the rest of his life, votes were:

PF’s body to be thrown in stinky swamp (credit to @Steelslady)
Or thrown in volcano (credit to @GordianKnot)

Then PF spends eternity in “The most select place in Hell reserved for men who hurt women and children." (Again, credit to @GordianKnot)

I think the reason that CB was careful in the very beginning not to bring up all the negative things she knew about PF and his family re: how badly they treated KB can be explained very easily:

At that time, he still had custody of Baby K. Baby K. was still at the franch.
PF was not letting the B's have any access to her whatsoever.

I think CB didn't want to say anything that would alert PF and the rest of the pack to just how much she knew about PF and KB's problems.

She knew, as we all do, how vindictive and violent PF is when he doesn't get his way.
She was in the delivery room when Baby K. was born.
She saw him lose control and go off.

We now know CB had her suspicions almost right away that PF was responsible for KB's disappearance.

But suspicions aren't proof, and Baby K. was with PF.
There was no guarantee whatsoever that CB and KB's dad were going to be gain custody at that point.
She had to think of the baby and the baby's safety first.

JMO.

Last edited:
Granted I haven't read all the posts yet, however, the few times CB did speak up baby K was in PF's hands and home. It stands to reason that choosing her words wisely was crucial.

Would he run with the child? Would he hurt the child? LE as well as CB were not risking anything.....

Agreed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member