The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really have to say I am amazed. The statistics were given on how many people are taking drugs in England for mental health. I imagine the girls with anorexia or bulimia or obesity are not counted. How about the people in prison, or the alcoholics or drug addicts.

I am not interested in a diversion of talking about any other country. England has a serious mental health issue. To pretend everyone is fine is only fooling their own selves.

Many things used to be hidden such as child sex abuse or domestic violence. Now the Royals are bringing it out.

Hooray for them. Hopefully people will think about dealing with their wounded selves.

It is a difficult one because mental health is an extremely serious issue and awareness should be raised about it. But I think it could be extremely irresponsible to talk about such a serious issue in a position of authority with no formal qualification or knowledge in the subject. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are doing it the right way by not making it about them personally.

I don’t want to listen to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s problems and grievances with the press that 99% of the population are unable to relate to. Talking about this issue publicly does not help raise awareness of mental health for the general public and just turns more people against them as they appear self-absorbed.

I think one of the best things the royals can do isn't so much talk about things and fund endless charities and foundations, but realize that they shouldn't be following styles and trends, they should be setting them. An example that comes to mind is the obligatory, insane need to be ultra thin. I cringed when I saw how thin the Duchess of Cambridge had become at one point and reading about how she eats very little to be that way. Princess Diana as well. It's so damaging, but it's an ever present theme in contemporary culture. With a painfully thin, waife-like figure, these ladies are part and parcel of the problem.

Obviously, in some cases there is more to it than the desire for approval by kow-towing to the celebrity/model/trend setter standard of being incredibly thin, but that is the driving element much of the time. I would love to see one of the fairly "visible" royals eschew the standards set by the fashion elite, and evince a "normal" figure and, preferably, refrain from talk of diets and keeping fit, etc., etc., etc. Just appear normal and confident in one's normalness, rather than catering to the cultural trend du jour. Lead, not follow.

I would love to see one of the fairly "visible" royals eschew the standards set by the fashion elite, and evince a "normal" figure and, preferably, refrain from talk of diets and keeping fit, etc., etc., etc. Just appear normal and confident in one's normalness, rather than catering to the cultural trend du jour. Lead, not follow

I think Sophie sets a good example and so does Anne. It would be “interesting” to see how the press would react if Kate gained weight. Merciless, I suspect. But I wish she and Meghan would.

I think Sophie sets a good example and so does Anne. It would be “interesting” to see how the press would react if Kate gained weight. Merciless, I suspect. But I wish she and Meghan would.

And I think Zara Tindsale looks like she is of a healthy and normal weight. She competes as a horsewoman, much like her mother, and I believe you want to be in very good physical shape to compete

I wish I could take credit for that! LOL
I messaged Global Sugar Art trying to find out who made it. I’d like to give them the credit they are due.

It’s really an incredible likeness. And the colors are as fine as an artists’s palate from skin tone to the jewels on her crown. I love the movement of her hair. Truly, the piece, the confection is a work of art.

Many things used to be hidden such as child sex abuse or domestic violence. Now the Royals are bringing it out.

While protecting their own and naming children after Mountbatten who was a known child sex abuser but the royals have for the most part covered that up and lauded him as a great man.

FBI files allege Lord Mountbatten, murdered by the IRA, was a pedophile

Lord Mountbatten's 'lust for young boys' exposed in FBI files

UPDATED & EXPANDED: Kincora boy abused by Mountbatten committed suicide months later

I would love to see one of the fairly "visible" royals eschew the standards set by the fashion elite, and evince a "normal" figure and, preferably, refrain from talk of diets and keeping fit, etc., etc., etc. Just appear normal and confident in one's normalness, rather than catering to the cultural trend du jour. Lead, not follow.
SBM
Sarah Ferguson had a normal figure, and the press called her the Duchess of Pork. :(

While protecting their own and naming children after Mountbatten who was a known child sex abuser but the royals have for the most part covered that up and lauded him as a great man.

FBI files allege Lord Mountbatten, murdered by the IRA, was a pedophile

Lord Mountbatten's 'lust for young boys' exposed in FBI files

UPDATED & EXPANDED: Kincora boy abused by Mountbatten committed suicide months later

To be fair though, they aren't naming their children 'after' him, they're giving their children the family surname that comes from Prince Philip?

ETA maybe you're referring to William and Catherine giving both their sons the name 'Louis'?

0B770F92-BCBD-40C9-B67C-6F707E33DEE8.jpeg 1A93A05F-B6D7-455D-8672-951CDC5F14BA.jpeg

World's most expensive belt made from platinum and encrusted with diamonds goes on sale for an eye-watering £60,000

• British designer Christopher Shellis is based in Jewellery Quarter, Birmingham
  • He encrusted the accessory with 18 5.5-carat gold studs and 60 diamonds
  • It is also emblazoned with the Fleur-de-Lys inspired by the Elizabethan era style
World's most expensive belt made from platinum and diamonds goes on sale for eye-watering £60,000 | Daily Mail Online

A little OT, but royally inspired...

I’m liking this blinged out belt! The platinum is a great color.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong