Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have no idea who gave the clothing description. That has never been said. We do know her parents said it on the first video.

we’ve repeated 11:30 Snapchat because that is what LE or parents have said. We didn’t dream it up here. LE, however has often referred to times in this case that can be confusing. They have often said “shortly before midnight” or “shortly before seen on video” to later change to an exact time that isn’t necessarily “shortly” imho.

I’ll get some links and requote this later. In the meantime, you might be able to search that time in this thread and see when mentioned.

It wasn’t meant to be accusatory. As I stated in my post, I did look up many reports and said that if the time was closer to midnight as many reported, there was a wider window of opportunity for the crime to have taken place. Here is one of the many:

By Olivia Gunn | October 24, 2019 at 5:25 PM CDT - Updated October 25 at 4:39 PM
AUBURN, Ala. (WTVM) - The Auburn Police Division is asking the public for assistance locating a missing woman.

19-year-old Aniah Haley Blanchard reportedly last communicated with a friend on Wednesday, Oct. 23, just before midnight. Blanchard drives a black 2017 Honda CR-V with Alabama tag# 49BS356. Her vehicle was last seen Oct, 24 at around 12:30 a.m. in the area of South College Street and Interstate 85 in Auburn.

It was repeated a lot and attributed to the Auburn PD.
I did not say it was fact. Right now the only factual times we have are the time of the purchase at the Chevron and the time her vehicle was at South College and I85.

Last edited:
I totally understand and am agreeing with you. They have been confusing with their times. I am saying it as well. However, I do think eventually they released a specific time and it was 11:30.
It wasn’t meant to be accusatory. As stated, I did look it up various reports and stated in my post that if the time was closer to midnight, there was a wider window of opportunity for the crime to have taken place. Here is one:

By Olivia Gunn | October 24, 2019 at 5:25 PM CDT - Updated October 25 at 4:39 PM
AUBURN, Ala. (WTVM) - The Auburn Police Division is asking the public for assistance locating a missing woman.

19-year-old Aniah Haley Blanchard reportedly last communicated with a friend on Wednesday, Oct. 23, just before midnight. Blanchard drives a black 2017 Honda CR-V with Alabama tag# 49BS356. Her vehicle was last seen Oct, 24 at around 12:30 a.m. in the area of South College Street and Interstate 85 in Auburn.

It was repeated a lot and attributed to the Auburn PD.
I did not say it was fact.

@diggndeeperstill There is an early link from the media thread that I shared upthread today and I noticed something that was "new to me". There is a picture of AB on a slideshow that looks like she is wearing the same top/dress from the Chevron video. The pattern is much more discernible in that photo and its a black paisley print on a gray background. Anyway, I just wondered if that photo could have been taken at the funeral or the day of. That interests me because the clothing description has always been a black dress and black tights. If it is what she was wearing earlier in the day then that's one thing. If she changed later, then that's another.

I am certain that if there had been any change of clothes from when her brother last saw her, that LE is factoring it into the case details, but I just noticed that picture today for the first time.

Edit: My apologies. I see that I already posted about that today once already. oops. It was still on my mind after being out on an errand and I guess I totally forgot that I had already posted about it. Sorry.:rolleyes:

Oh I agree. I had seen that dress shown early on as the one she was wearing, but not on msm. I thought it looked like a dress in that early clear pic and more like a tunic in the store video.

I think the clear pic is not day of. Her hair is longer and body shape a little different imho.

I commented about her boots not being duck boots as soon as I saw video and dress not being black. I think calling that dress black is strange. I would have said black paisley or something.

I’m just saying we have no idea WHO gave her last clothing description unless I’ve missed something.
@diggndeeperstill There is an early link from the media thread that I shared upthread today and I noticed something that was "new to me". There is a picture of AB on a slideshow that looks like she is wearing the same top/dress from the Chevron video. The pattern is much more discernible in that photo and its a black paisley print on a gray background. Anyway, I just wondered if that photo could have been taken at the funeral or the day of. That interests me because the clothing description has always been a black dress and black tights. If it is what she was wearing earlier in the day then that's one thing. If she changed later, then that's another.

I am certain that if there had been any change of clothes from when her brother last saw her, that LE is factoring it into the case details, but I just noticed that picture today for the first time.

Edit: My apologies. I see that I already posted about that today once already. oops. It was still on my mind after being out on an errand and I guess I totally forgot that I had already posted about it. Sorry.:rolleyes:

Oh I agree. I had seen that dress shown early on as the one she was wearing, but not on msm. I thought it looked like a dress in that early clear pic and more like a tunic in the store video.

I think the clear pic is not day of. Her hair is longer and body shape a little different imho.

I commented about her boots not being duck boots as soon as I saw video and dress not being black. I think calling that dress black is strange. I would have said black paisley or something.

I’m just saying we have no idea WHO gave her last clothing description unless I’ve missed something.

You are correct. I have likely made an assumption that since her brother was the last family member that saw her, that he would have given the description of what she was wearing.
I am also now thinking that it is possible she has the duck boots on after looking at the vid with my daughter who has a couple of pair. I can't tell what she has on and cannot rule out the duck boots after looking online at all the color combos.

I was at the football game last night Auburn vs Ole Miss. 88k people in attendance. I find it sad that she went to Southern Union instead of Auburn otherwise her picture and story would’ve been plastered on the Jumbotron which is the biggest in North America during the game. Maybe even made the ESPN coverage.

I held out hope it would still happen but it didn't. It was brought up while tailgating so people are aware.

I was at the football game last night Auburn vs Ole Miss. 88k people in attendance. I find it sad that she went to Southern Union instead of Auburn otherwise her picture and story would’ve been plastered on the Jumbotron which is the biggest in North America during the game. Maybe even made the ESPN coverage.

I held out hope it would still happen but it didn't. It was brought up while tailgating so people are aware.

They should have put it up anyway since she lived in town. :( But, having a loved one who works in sports media, I understand the crunch they have.
Sidenote: My school's jumbo tron is second only in size to yours. We had the biggest until y'all one-upped us. :D

I also found this disturbing. Why not show her face and story!

Maybe Aniah didn’t want her roommate to know who she was really meeting. (I’ve told a small lie before during dating years)

RSBM

I wonder if Aniah told a small lie that night - to her roommate - because she didn't want to go out. Perhaps there is no Eric - or not an Eric that she was with that night. Perhaps Aniah was just one tired girl that night and was avoiding going through the hassle of deflecting someone who may have tried to persuade her to go out.

Do we know where the roommate was, when the snapchat came through? It doesn't sound like the roommate was wherever they roomed together.

I have been following along here, but haven't seen it mentioned about where the roommate was at that time - unless I missed it.

Yestwrd

Pitiful. So much free coverage lost. Auburn needs to be ashamed.:(

RSBM

I wonder if Aniah told a small lie that night - to her roommate - because she didn't want to go out. Perhaps there is no Eric - or not an Eric that she was with that night. Perhaps Aniah was just one tired girl that night and was avoiding going through the hassle of deflecting someone who may have tried to persuade her to go out.

Do we know where the roommate was, when the snapchat came through? It doesn't sound like the roommate was wherever they roomed together.
Sounded to me like the roommate was at their apartment. She said something like I waited up for you. I thought (and said earlier) that maybe Aniah was using “Eric” to cover for who she was really meeting, someone her roommate wouldn’t approve of.

Sounded to me like the roommate was at their apartment. She said something like I waited up for you. I thought (and said earlier) that maybe Aniah was using “Eric” to cover for who she was really meeting, someone her roommate wouldn’t approve of.

Thanks. I have been looking for the entirety of exactly what was said in the snapchat messages ... but I can only find a few snippets of it here and there. I think someone mentioned a 'so,so sorry' part. Made me wonder what Aniah was so, so sorry about. Hence, my thought that maybe Aniah was meant to go out to meet up with her friends, but chose not to.

Thanks. I have been looking for the entirety of exactly what was said in the snapchat messages ... but I can only find a few snippets of it here and there. I think someone mentioned a 'so,so sorry' part. Made me wonder what Aniah was so, so sorry about. Hence, my thought that maybe Aniah was meant to go out to meet up with her friends, but chose not to.

I think the sorry part was in response to the roommate saying that she had waited up for her.

In one of the recent police video interviews they state that she was supposed to be somewhere at a specific time and didn't show up, however the police didn't give anymore specifics, it could be that they were referring to her work in the morning but it could also be something else.

Imo when I recall the many cases I’ve followed it seems that the missing person has had some contact with the abductor prior to the incident - it may not even be known to them - I’m thinking this happened after the stop caught on video and before she arrived at her apartment and I think someone had control of her car and she caused it to hit something causing the damage - I had forgotten something my own father told me that if someone ever tried to control me in my car I should ram the passenger side into something to cause an accident and possibly knock them out - or if I was the passenger to grab the steering wheel and do the same -could she also have been given this advice ? I know I’m not the first to post this scenario but I wanted to add my thoughts about what I was told about trying to get free

I probably watch too much SVU, but I keep having this nagging thought that maybe a tow truck driver is involved in this. Would explain how her car got from the obvious collision to the apartments, and deposited backwards into the parking space.

RSBM

I have been following along here, but haven't seen it mentioned about where the roommate was at that time - unless I missed it.
Well she said she was waiting up for her but now going to bed. I’d assume she was at their place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea