Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
We believe that you may have grabbed William..from the front yard of that address and you may have left the area without anyone knowing," Detective Justin Moynihan told him.

That’s not accusing anyone. People believe the Earth is flat doesn’t mean it’s true but if they know it’s flat then show me your proof. :confused:

I wonder how some would like police to investigate and interview?
I wonder how they would do the job themselves?

"We naturally enough sent the material to an expert who confirmed that because he was on a telephone call at the time the message was received on the handset, it would not have been recorded on the handset," Mr O'Brien said."
Watch a detective accuse repairman Bill Spedding of 'grabbing' William Tyrrell

I don't know about the correctness of this statement.

When I miss a call because I am on another call, I can see that I have missed a call and which number it is from.
I can even hear the other person ringing my phone during my call via a periodic beep during my call (done on purpose by the service providers so you can put one call on hold and attend the other call, if you wish).

Some networks do send the missed call info - if the call has gone to voicemail - some networks don't.
Telstra does.

It will all depend which network Spedding used at the time, so should not be said by O'Brien as a blanket statement. imo

Does a call that goes straight to voicemail without ringing still show up as a missed call? - Quora
My messages go str8 to voicemail if im on the phone or unavailable..so i dont see that as strange at all

My messages go str8 to voicemail if im on the phone or unavailable..so i dont see that as strange at all

He is talking about the missed call phone number being retained on the handset when a call goes to voicemail.

Some providers do send the missed call phone number to the handset, in a voicemail situation, some don't and just show that there is a voicemail message waiting. It is not one way or the other. It is provider dependent.

He is talking about the missed call phone number being retained on the handset when a call goes to voicemail.

Some providers do send the missed call phone number to the handset, in a voicemail situation, some don't and just show that there is a voicemail message waiting. It is not one way or the other. It is provider dependent.
No it doesnt on mine, it says ring 321 voicemail, no number. I have to ring it to see who rang (everyday lol)

Yes they generally go straight to voicemail, but you do get a message to say you have received a voicemail/missed call - were these deleted as well? I wonder.

ETA: I also find it strange that the call, according to timing, would have been the call from the FFC.

The ABC and Four Corners are normally reasonably unbiased in documenting these things. Unless Tracy Grimshaw pops out of nowhere and introduces it, or something.

His comments will be from his point of view, and experience, of course.

Just getting my Popcorn ready for 4 corners

how-to-make-stovetop-popcorn-01.jpg

Maybe so. That's the other part of these processes, as is his right.

Or maybe he knows exactly what to say because he lived through it and has nothing to worry about.
We saw what he had to say and how he handled it in the infamous YouTube video. That sure didn’t do him any favours. This time he’ll be much better ‘prepared’ I suspect IYKWIM. IMO

I find his reaction in the interview very strange, 'sorry I wasn't there', when it was put to him that he grabbed William.

Most would deny emphatically and loudly - he just says 'sorry I wasn't there'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther