GUILTY WI - Alexander Woodworth, 24, stabbed 16 times by Ezra McCandless, Eau Claire, Mar 2018

Yes, I know he says it. But you said this, and this is what I do not recall: "Jason testified that when he overheard Ezra’s voice saying those same words again in Alex’s house on March 22, he ran into the house thinking Alex might be hurt."

On the dash cam Jason says to the police officer that he heard her (Ezra) saying “Let him help you. Let him help you.” Jason says to the police that he is worried about them, and the police officer takes Jason’s name and info and lets him go. Somewhere in Jason’s court testimony under Prosecution questioning he elaborated about going inside Alex’s house on March 22 to check on Alex and Ezra when he heard Ezra saying “Let him help you. Let him help you.” Jason found them in Alex’s bedroom upstairs. They both told Jason they were just talking, everything was fine, and they didn’t need him to stay. So Jason went back outside and that’s when the police car drove up and Jason talked to the police on the dash cam.

On the dash cam Jason says to the police officer that he heard her (Ezra) saying “Let him help you. Let him help you.” Jason says to the police that he is worried about them, and the police officer takes Jason’s name and info and lets him go. Somewhere in Jason’s court testimony under Prosecution questioning he elaborated about going inside Alex’s house on March 22 to check on Alex and Ezra when he heard Ezra saying “Let him help you. Let him help you.” Jason found them in Alex’s bedroom upstairs. They both told Jason they were just talking, everything was fine, and they didn’t need him to stay. So Jason went back outside and that’s when the police car drove up and Jason talked to the police on the dash cam.

Yes, that is what I recall as well. I don't recall him saying he rushed inside because he remembered that particular phrase from before when Alex cut himself.

Who called the police?

A suspicious janitor who saw Jason slowly bicycling back and forth on the street.

I didn't know it was a janitor, but I knew it was someone completely unrelated to the rest of the story (I thought it was a neighbor). The police were called because of Jason's lurking, though. I wonder why the defense attorney tried to slip in that the police were called on him twice in that month (so, one time before). A quick objection, sustained.

I’m having a hard time believing a guy who was cheated on would be looking out for the well being of the other guy. Seems really odd to me.

Except that they were ALL friends (even before she cheated) if I understand correctly. He may just have thought one was more dangerous than the other? The one who had "fire in her eyes?"

Except that they were ALL friends (even before she cheated) if I understand correctly. He may just have thought one was more dangerous than the other? The one who had "fire in her eyes?"
Yeah...maybe. So many questions and so few answers!

I’m having a hard time believing a guy who was cheated on would be looking out for the well being of the other guy. Seems really odd to me.

Maybe Ezra had more than "fire shooting out her eyes". Maybe she had venom shooting out of her mouth before she went to Alex's. Anything extremely prejudicial she said to Jason may not have been allowed at trial. I would think there is much more to the story that Jason wasn't allowed to tell. But my big question, besides sex, is why would Jason keep meeting up with her after ending their relationship and knowing what a liar she is and how much trouble she could cause? Not smart at all.

Maybe Ezra had more than "fire shooting out her eyes". Maybe she had venom shooting out of her mouth before she went to Alex's. Anything extremely prejudicial she said to Jason may not have been allowed at trial. I would think there is much more to the story that Jason wasn't allowed to tell. But my big question, besides sex, is why would Jason keep meeting up with her after ending their relationship and knowing what a liar she is and how much trouble she could cause? Not smart at all.

Sure would be interesting to hear what's being said at Racy's.
jmo

Well, I'm sure he didn't know she's murder someone. This is kinda how breakups go.....never usually a super clean break.

Well, I'm sure he didn't know she's murder someone. This is kinda how breakups go.....never usually a super clean break.

Something besides "fire in her eyes" made him look all over for where she went and what he was afraid she might do. She said or did something to make him very concerned in my opinion.

I agree we're missing pieces of the puzzle at Alex's apartment. We probably will never know.

I don't think her mom hated Jason, did she? I thought he testified he would have been welcomed in their home and had a couple of their phone numbers in his phone?

I also feel like we're still missing something about the paintings, exchange of paintings, etc. Is it common for young artists to trade paintings like that?

I don't think he was being 100% truthful but it is possible he also didn't know the reality. It is also possible Ezra lied about that - she had no problem throwing her dad under the bus once she heard him testify that she was crazy.

Where the Defense made their biggest mistake was in not using their telephone. Before the trial began the Defense should have picked up the telephone, called the Prosecutors Office and begged and pleaded for a plea deal!

It isn't up to them though, it is up to Ezra and she really wanted everyone to believe it was self defense which takes a trial.

Finally watched the Dirty John documentary on Netflix and have to say the daughter's account of John's attack on her is exactly how you'd expect an actual self-defense stabbing to unfold and is a great comparison to Ezra's story.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back