TX - James, 48 & Michelle Butler, 46, driving RV to Fort Lauderdale from Corpus Christi, 14 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
The woman has distinctive forearm tatoos, but can’t see her face. She seems to have straight brown hair.

My guess is that these two are druggies/meth heads, and there are likely prior booking photos of them somewhere
Yes I agree. Going into Mexico is a very curious choice because they will be caught so fast. There is no shortage of dumb asses. :(

Yes I agree. Going into Mexico is a very curious choice because they will be caught so fast. There is no shortage of dumb asses. :(
If what they wanted was the truck and the RV, I guess they thought they had to kill Michelle and James so as not to be identified by them. Presser statements alluded to perhaps the couple knew these 2 or at least were aquatinted with them, camped near them, were perhaps too trusting of them. More of a logical connection that way IMO, than a man and woman trolling the beach late at night looking for someone to rob (and kill). LE would not address whether or not there was some sort of struggle before their deaths or how they were killed.

Did they mention what license plates the vehicles had?

What is the Walmart comment?

Sorry, I can’t view the press release
Nothing stated about license plate. The only comment about Walmart when reporter asked, was we can't respond as that's part of our investigation.

That Walmart was reportedly 38 miles away. I just looked back though this thread and SMS link. Be curious to know which direction the Walmart was? On the way to the border crossing location?

Just another missing puzzle piece to this horrendous crime. JMO

Here is a link with a written summary of presser:

Persons of interest sought in Texas after deaths of man, woman from NH

CASE TIMELINE:

-- Oct. 15: Police say the couple parked their truck and camper in Texas.
-- Oct. 21: The vehicles were seen on surveillance images crossing the southern border into Mexico.
-- Oct. 23: Family members reported the couple missing after they missed a scheduled call.
-- Oct. 27: The bodies of James and Michelle Butler were found buried in shallow graves on a beach in the Corpus Christi area.

So LE hasn’t disclosed much other than the photographs.

It does seem likely these two would have stopped at Walmart in the Del Rio area to stock up. Also, very likely there would also be associated gas station footage.

Here is a link with a written summary of presser:

Persons of interest sought in Texas after deaths of man, woman from NH

CASE TIMELINE:

-- Oct. 15: Police say the couple parked their truck and camper in Texas.
-- Oct. 21: The vehicles were seen on surveillance images crossing the southern border into Mexico.
-- Oct. 23: Family members reported the couple missing after they missed a scheduled call.
-- Oct. 27: The bodies of James and Michelle Butler were found buried in shallow graves on a beach in the Corpus Christi area.
What were the dates of when the camper was at the campsite, but the truck wasn't? MOO

Did they mention what license plates the vehicles had?

What is the Walmart comment?

Sorry, I can’t view the press release

New Hampshire license plate on vehicle crossing border. Also states that it's unknown if any other people were in the truck. (Other than ppl shown in pic).

James, Michelle Butler: NH couple dead, persons of interest identified

The Butler's silver 2018 Chevrolet 2500 four-door pickup with New Hampshire license plates was last seen crossing the border into Mexico, Lt. David Mendoza said.

What were the dates of when the camper was at the campsite, but the truck wasn't? MOO
Only one date given - Oct 19, where camper was seen but not the truck. IMO that doesn't mean the camper was there the entire day or the entire time by itself. Could just be the truck was coming and going and whoever saw the camper, observed it when the truck was not there.

I have to wonder why the suspects would cross into Mexico and into a part of Mexico where there doesn't seem to be anything there. I get that they want to be as unnoticed as possible. But for them personally, I wonder if they are familiar with Mexico and feel safe there. Or did they just run there to get out of the US? Would it be possible for them to travel across Mexico and continue south into Central America? Border crossings would be in the southern end of Mexico as well, so I don't no if they could cross so easily. All MOO.

I did check the threads, locals are no longer verified, only insiders and professionals.
I can only really add insight to the bridge procedures, sadly showing how simple it is to get a vehicle over there, especially if it has not been reported stolen yet
You are correct. Only those with inside knowledge to victims or case, or family members require verification.

Thanks for your local input. It's helpful. And welcome to Websleuths!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member